It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High Court: Warrant Needed For GPS Tracking

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

From what I have seen, LEO's in the U.S. do have greater powers due to laws aimed at combating terrorism. The same thing is happening here in Canada except our Supreme Court Judge aren't so quick to look out for the interests of Canadians.

It's nice to see that the Americans at least have a ray of sunshine peaking through...

Once our bill C-10 is passed warrants will be very easy to come by.

I hope for your sake that there are no more of these draconian laws being drafted in the U.S.

ETA: I meant to say once bill C-10 is passed warrants will no longer be needed.
edit on 23-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I wonder if this means that unwarranted GPS devices on peoples cars will now be taken off?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
the supreme court is full of idiots. obviously it's an invasion of privacy.

if i put a gps tracker on justice scalia's car and sat at home watching a red dot blink around washington while he goes to whore houses and strip joints then goes to mcdonalds drunk to get a big mac, i would think he would feel spied on.

how this made it to the supreme court and how the guy got a life sentence for drug trafficking when drug kingpins from mexico and colombia rarely get more than 20-30 years for monthly multi-tonne coc aine shipments and hundred of murders on their hands is baffling.

they were trying to shut this guy up good.

<< 1   >>

join