It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets get one thing straight.. poverty/unemployed = fat people - BS!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherHumanBeing
reply to post by artistpoet

im also well educated - apart from my english im very clever and i have a degree and believe me the moment the opertunity arrives to get out of this country i will be doing.. im not angry at anyone infact im a very happy person

i got angry today because i mentioned she was "fat" and some other fatty got offended and started ranting about how people with low income tend to be fatter..

all i wanted to say was that i am a low income earner and im not fat. you missed my point.

I believe Education is a form of brainwashing in many cases but that is not the point - I do not mind if your English is good or bad - you make yourself plain which is far better than wrapping language in hard to understand terminology.
Ok so your not angry it just seemed that way to me - perhaps you feel frustrated that your point is not being listened to - I can understand that.
Ok so your low income and not fat - I get that - Some people hide within comfort eating and laziness is often a from of low self esteem - I feel sorry for such people.
Another issue to do with food today is the countless harmful ingrediant they contain - This is a whole other subject on it's own.
Also and finally - I will not go along with all the political correctness which keeps us afraid to speak the truth wether that truth is hurtfull or not - We live in such a nanny state - If a person is fat they are fat or if they are skinny they are skinny - I see your point on that issue - low income does not equal fat

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

completely agree with everything you posted here *thumbs up*

its a shame in away

yes i guesss you could say my tone was fustrated and was more so because the point of my comment in the original thread was lost on someone arguing about the whole ... maybe she has low income and therefore bad diet = fat
but having a rant made me feel a little better lol
back to usual happy self - where i try and ignore all the annoying things including corrupt systems lol (edit: dosnt work of course i just get wound up and blow up everynow and then lol)

thank you.

edit on 23-1-2012 by AnotherHumanBeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
lets have a party because im no longer ranting

present for all you guys in the thread... i hope this makes your day like it did mine

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherHumanBeing

completely agree with everything you posted here *thumbs up*

its a shame in away

yes i guesss you could say my tone was fustrated and was more so because the point of my comment in the original thread was lost on someone arguing about the whole ... maybe she has low income and therefore bad diet = fat
but having a rant made me feel a little better lol
back to usual happy self - where i try and ignore all the annoying things including corrupt systems lol (edit: dosnt work of course i just get wound up and blow up everynow and then lol)

thank you.

Everything is good - Your post made me think the same thing - ie letting others affect us - It is good to be aware of the buttons we have that others can press - I think the best course is - When we feel affected by words and actions of others to refrain from automatic reaction - step back and ask your self why is that person saying or doing what they do which is kinda what your saying. Great to be able to discuss rather than just defend ps there is nothing like a good rant to clear the air
edit on 23-1-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

yeh agree thank you

when i was at uni i was particulary bad for just opening my mouth without thinking.. you learn things the hard way as every human but you do learn that there are more sides to things than meets the eye..

i often find myself in conflicting opinions with myself.. like i will see two sides to an argument and cant pick a side which i agree more with its difficult if you analyze everything

be nice talking to you thanks

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
i hate when someone jumps to conslusions that just because someone is of the larger persuasion that it means we are lazy and jobless.
I am a large lady, i work 2 jobs , i have 5 kids a rabbit and a cat, my husband (who defies belief and is still as skinny as a rake irrigardless to the fact he eats like a damned pig) also works. So not all of us "big" people are fat lazy slobs, just wanted to clear that up , im not fat due to stuffin my face - i rarely eat 'junk" etc i just cant afford to, there are times were i have had to skip meals just so my kids have food, heat, clothes etc, but i do get the point of the OP. I sit agast sometimes at the things most unemployed people have (i say most coz not all are the same), sitting there with they new widescreen tv's, leather sofa's, latest gadets and toys, when i sit here and struggle day to day the sofa i have are falling to peices, my kids beds are ready for the skip but untill i get enough money to replace them they will have to do, Dont get me wrong i now have a flat screen tv its 3rd hand and i pay it in instalments, my kids have decent clothes (although not all brand names etc) and toys but thats because im quite good at catchin a bargain at thrift shops/charity shops, flea markets etc. And i must confess i have often considered going back unemployed...why? because in some ways we were better off, less stress to find the rent we needed - the council tax bills were rebated etc...it was just 'easier'

I dont agree with branding all unemployed people with the same label, because i know lots of people who are desperate for work and just cant catch a break, and they have been lucky enough between saving up money and family to get the things they need.
edit on 24/1/12 by ronishia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ronishia

yeh agree completely love, didnt say that every "large" person was, i just mentioned this particular woman who is a lazy cow and people jumped on me.

good for you being a hard worker and having a wonderful life!

but i hope you like everyone else didnt jump on me because i presume all fat people are lazy because i didnt say that i said one person i knew was fat lazy and slobbish..

like i said i have many large friends all of who are awesome and hardwokring like yourself!

your right, not all fat people are lazy just as im right in saying its got # all to do with your income its all about the individual.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by AnotherHumanBeing

i think translation got lost in the matrix i wasnt aiming it at u
was just ranting and when i start i tend to ramble then lose my train of thought

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Have you ever even tried to get to know this neighbour of yours? Strike up some sort of friendship? Get some deeper insight into how she lives, her history or are you just happy to be judgmental. I suppose it's actually easier to be judgmental when all's said and done.
You know she might have some thyroid problem, she might have diabetes, she might just be fat and lazy. The fact you spotted her carrying an M&S bag might mean she got it from a charity shop, they give out all manner of posh carrier bags sometimes.

YOU might think all her priorities in life are wrong, but for some people the fact that they can heat their home and stuff themselves and their families with food is all the priority they need. Since you haven't mentioned whether she goes out on the pop every weekend I would assume she doesn't get out much.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

im not being judgmental at all and yes i have tried to get to know her.. on several occasions i smile and say good morning, good evening, i even ask how she is and i get nothing in return...

from what i observe and through other actions i can confirm she does # all.. she even thinks walking her dog is a taking it to the shop ffs... and i do think its wrong to leave rubbish and suich things in the front yard.. its disrespectful to your neigbours.. so i came to conclusion i dont really want to get to know her .. even after attempting too.

LOL about the shopping bag, i understand i really do but i know for sure after being here for 10months she is just a lazy slob.

edit: sry i hope this didnt come across wrong just trying to answer your questions. but my point is not about my neigbour she was an example .

edit on 24-1-2012 by AnotherHumanBeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

also do you think her prioritys are correct??? ( i would like to think most loving humans would think its pretty horrible tbh)

to proritise her need to watch junk tv / eating junk being a slob and ignore her child?

..i acutally heard him laugh for the FIRST TIME since i have been at the house (10months) ..shame really.
EDIT: i work so dont know about during the day however my bf is in and out of work and the boy does go to school so from what i can hear in the evenings / weekends this poor lad seems to scream and tant for attention..
i have knocked on once (after over an hour of crying) and asked if she could see to her crying child i got a blank expression.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ronishia

hahaha opps sorry! i kinda keep going on the defensive
hehe
sry and thanks for your insight
x

top topics

<< 1   >>

join