It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Senator Paul is being detained at the Nashville Airport by the TSA

page: 8
89
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic
 


Is Ron pro-life too?

I don't want to vote for a candidate that supports banning abortions and/or limiting reproductive choice for women.


So don't vote for him, this is an entirely different issue, that is detaining a Senator on his way to a vote on legislation and it stinks to high heaven.




posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
My first post in this thread
I think everyone, no matter which side of the fence you are on, should wait until more details come out.


The details are out.

He refused a pat down. He was escorted out of the security check area. He bought another ticket for another flight, went through security again, and boarded his flight.

The facebook and tweets about being "detained" were just sensational drama from Rand and Ron.


Details are out? Do you work for TSA? Were you there?

I'm sorry, but what happened to Rand releasing a "Statement" regarding the event? Wouldn't that basically sum up his side of the story? His father's facebook and twitter messages are just hearsay (considering the man is his parent, that may have just been a "concern" message, funny how he was released following the messages).

If he wasn't detained, it's amazing that he would then miss his initial flight. And I'm sorry, but he was "escorted" out... You have to be detained to be escorted.

I'll come up with my opinion, once Rand releases a statement.



edit on 23-1-2012 by squidboy because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by PaxVeritas
 



Still cannot come up with any proof that Ron or Rand Tweeted or Facebooked about Rand being detained?


Who do you think started the story??? The TSA???

Can you explain why you are so hell bent on denying that Ron Paul or Rand Paul are involved with this story???



posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher
 


I'll post this again since you ignored it the first time:

On the RON PAUL 2012 site it was 'reported' by a guy named "Jack Hunter". Who writes for and blogs for the campaign site.

www.ronpaul2012.com...

He reported it from a Politico writer named Mathew Boyle who writes for POLITICO

dailycaller.com...://dailycaller.com/2012/01/23/report-tsa-detains-sen -rand-paul-in-nashville/#ixzz1kITr6W4m

Who was reporting on a Tweet from a Rand Paul staff member named Moira Bagley.

twitter.com...#!/moirabagley/status/161463071724945408

NOW, do you have any proof that Ron Paul or Rand Paul PERSONALLY started the story of 'detention' outside of the staffer named Moira Bagley and some people that may run similar named sites out of DOZENS of sites that are related to Ron Paul?

You assert that Ron Paul and Rand are the ones who started this yet you have no proof.

Please provide it.



posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
OK...He WAS actually on his was to a session in the Senate. I just found this on Huffington Post



U.S. Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky was stopped by security at the Nashville airport Monday when a scanner set off an alarm and targeted his knee, although the senator said he has no screws or medical hardware around the joint.

The Republican, who frequently uses the airport about an hour from his home in Bowling Green, Ky., told The Associated Press in a telephone interview that he asked for another scan but refused to submit to a pat down by airport security.

He said he was "detained" at a small cubicle and couldn't make his flight to Washington for a Senate vote scheduled later in the day.

Paul, the son of Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul, said the situation reflects his long-standing concern that the TSA shouldn't be "spending so much time with people who wouldn't attack us."


Huffington Post Link

Since he was on his way to the Senate for a vote today he was illegally detained under the constitution. He was able to catch a different flight, and apparently will make the vote, but he actually went back through a different screener.

He said the same thing happened 2 days ago in Denver and was allowed to walk through again and it didn't set it off.

SO...a US Senator was detained while on his way to the Senate for vote. He did agree he shouldn't receive special treatment as a Senator than the rest of us, but he is provided that special treatment in certain circumstances under the US constitution.

And the argument he could have taken a different mode of transportation is ludicrous. He had several hundred miles up the East coast to go for a Senate vote today. He was illegally detained in my opinion.



posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by PaxVeritas
 



Still cannot come up with any proof that Ron or Rand Tweeted or Facebooked about Rand being detained?


Who do you think started the story??? The TSA???

Can you explain why you are so hell bent on denying that Ron Paul or Rand Paul are involved with this story???


I'm going to ask you again to provide PROOF that Rand or Ron started this as a disinformation campaign (as you claim)

Are you going to provide PROOF?



posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo
 


I have Ron Paul fan page on facebook.... this morning he posted that the Nashville airport had detained his son, so that is where he had too go.

He posted that this morning, not sure the time... situation maybe over now, or escalating ?


Love is an Art



posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
My first post in this thread
I think everyone, no matter which side of the fence you are on, should wait until more details come out.


The details are out.

He refused a pat down. He was escorted out of the security check area. He bought another ticket for another flight, went through security again, and boarded his flight.

The facebook and tweets about being "detained" were just sensational drama from Rand and Ron.


I am guessing he either went for another airline or went through the scanner a second time. Either way, he was stopped and had to find another way, which was to purchase another ticket.



posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Everyone knows the TSA is a joke. This only works in Ron's favor...



posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoveisanArt
reply to post by Vitchilo
 


I have Ron Paul fan page on facebook.... this morning he posted that the Nashville airport had detained his son, so that is where he had too go.

He posted that this morning, not sure the time... situation maybe over now, or escalating ?


Love is an Art



posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by PaxVeritas
 


And Moira Bagley tweeted that she got a call from Rand telling her he was detained.

And Ron Paul tweeted that he was detained.


Drama queens...all of them.


But keep on trying...it's entertaining.



posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate
 



Originally posted by webpirate
OK...He WAS actually on his was to a session in the Senate. I just found this on Huffington Post



U.S. Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky was stopped by security at the Nashville airport Monday when a scanner set off an alarm and targeted his knee, although the senator said he has no screws or medical hardware around the joint.

The Republican, who frequently uses the airport about an hour from his home in Bowling Green, Ky., told The Associated Press in a telephone interview that he asked for another scan but refused to submit to a pat down by airport security.

He said he was "detained" at a small cubicle and couldn't make his flight to Washington for a Senate vote scheduled later in the day.

Paul, the son of Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul, said the situation reflects his long-standing concern that the TSA shouldn't be "spending so much time with people who wouldn't attack us."


Huffington Post Link

Since he was on his way to the Senate for a vote today he was illegally detained under the constitution. He was able to catch a different flight, and apparently will make the vote, but he actually went back through a different screener.

He said the same thing happened 2 days ago in Denver and was allowed to walk through again and it didn't set it off.

SO...a US Senator was detained while on his way to the Senate for vote. He did agree he shouldn't receive special treatment as a Senator than the rest of us, but he is provided that special treatment in certain circumstances under the US constitution.

And the argument he could have taken a different mode of transportation is ludicrous. He had several hundred miles up the East coast to go for a Senate vote today. He was illegally detained in my opinion.


Now he'll be accused of lying...


And the Constitution haters will change the subject.



edit on 23-1-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by PaxVeritas
 



"He" posted?

Or the Facebook page posted?

Please clarify.


What does this even mean??? Facebook is not alive...it can't post by itself.


These statements are on their official pages...what aren't you getting about this???



posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by PaxVeritas
 


And Moira Bagley tweeted that she got a call from Rand telling her he was detained.

And Ron Paul tweeted that he was detained.


Drama queens...all of them.


But keep on trying...it's entertaining.


So in other words, again, you have ZERO proof that Ron Paul or Rand Paul started this as a disinformation attempt (in your words)?

I'll keep asking if you keep insisting. I can do this all day.



posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Oh Lord Grant me the one final, battle in Supreme Court where i could,
Make a difference to these United States,
And let it be a Constitutional Battle!!
For the TOP CONSTITUTIONAL LAWYER in this country,
NEEDS too die a happy man,,
Oh Grant Me,,

opps sorry,, got carried away,,
They Broke The Law Period!!!

A Canadian.



posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by getreadyalready
 


Respectfully Getready,

Law enforcement agencies get special exemptions because they are emergency response.

Senators are not. Just the thought is amusing.


The idea is that their background and intentions are not in question. Are we really concerned that a sitting Senator is a terrorist? That is where the common sense comes into play. It isn't preferential treatment, it is the fact that their backgrounds, and intentions, and integrity are already vetted.

Does the TSA, or any rational American think Rand Paul or any other sitting Senator, is a hijacking threat?

Outkast Searcher said earlier that if this was Harry Reid or Obama that we would be calling for their head, but that is false. Any sitting government official is presumed to be a Patriot and a law-abiding citizen of this country. If we start worrying that our Senators are also potential hijackers, then we really shouldn't be letting them sit as Senators should we?



posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by PaxVeritas
 



"He" posted?

Or the Facebook page posted?

Please clarify.


What does this even mean??? Facebook is not alive...it can't post by itself.


These statements are on their official pages...what aren't you getting about this???


Are you going to provide proof of your assertion that Ron or Rand Paul PERSONALLY started this?



posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by PaxVeritas
 


www.facebook.com...#!/ronpaul

there u go buddy, im not sure if it was him or someone he has assigned for his social updating



posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
What I want to point out are isolated examples of other TSA-related kerfluffles (sp?) that have made the news, when a "regular" citizen was not allowed to back out of the screening process, once it had begun (as Rand Paul was, apparently).

Am trying to find those --- others can search too, will be more efficient.

So, if there are cases where people who refused an invasive search procedure were then NOT allowed to simply exit the process......but in this case a prominently known individual was?

That may be an interesting aspect to investigate??

(What I am suggesting is there are always double standards.....and there are also the tendencies of those who are "front-line" anywhere, this case @TSA, who will be Human, and have power trips, etc....regardless of the actual "rules" as defined and posted at the TSA website. I suggest anyone who is interested visit the site, and read how the platitudes there make it seem like a "dignified" process. Actually, it can be....if both parties approach it correctly).

Also, good idea to print those up before your next trip, to have as reference in case you need to show them as a gentle "reminder" to those "front line" people.

"Know Your Rights"
edit on Mon 23 January 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
He missed his scheduled flight, but was able to catch an different one. So for now..this situation is over. But....I bet it won't die.
He has spoken out against the TSA strongly in the past and I'm sure some of them have just been looking for a way to "get him."



I expect to see more legislation in the future to come of this. This is ridicules to detain a US Senator. If he was a thread to US security, it would be much more so on the Senate floor than an airplane.



new topics

top topics



 
89
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

log in

join