It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Paul is being detained at the Nashville Airport by the TSA

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by SuperTripps

Good thing he wasn't detained.

And he had time to sit down for an interview with CNN at 4...so if he didn't make it to the vote...it's his own fault.

he basically was detained today. and they had in him a cubicle

just because handcuffs are not used doesn't mean he wasn't detained

white house and tsa are in the wrong here. rand actually has an article exemption for congressman to point too...

which is more than we have

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

How wasn't he detained?

Is there an amount of time that must be passed before one is considered 'detained'?

this was posted at the beginning of the thread... your selective eyes must've missed it

1 to hold or keep in or as if in custody
2 obsolete : to keep back (as something due) : withhold
3 to restrain especially from proceeding

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Say it ain't so....a cubical....those monsters. You have to go somewhere to explain passangers what their options are if they refuse to go through the security protocol.

He was free to leave whenever he wanted to...hence...he was not detained.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

How many times are you going to ignore the definition of detainment?
It's been posted a million times yet you keep blabbing....

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Rand Paul has actually stated that he was told NOT to leave. Meaning, he was NOT ALLOWED to leave. Meaning, DETAINED.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by joshter

How wasn't he detained?

Is there an amount of time that must be passed before one is considered 'detained'?

this was posted at the beginning of the thread... your selective eyes must've missed it

1 to hold or keep in or as if in custody
2 obsolete : to keep back (as something due) : withhold
3 to restrain especially from proceeding

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Cynicaleye

You have completely un-censored internet access You have democratic elections You have free speech You have the right to travel where you want

Completely uncensored internet because of whom? Us. And the fight isn't over yet.
Democratic elections? You wish.
Free ANONYMOUS speech. Try free speech sometimes in public. But then, YOU wouldn't say anything even slightly radical, so you have "free" speech.
You cannot travel anywhere. Try to sit in and listen to your "democratically elected" official talk at the Bilderberg meeting, or the CFR.
Pathetically naive.

edit on 23-1-2012 by SurrealisticPillow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Good job not detained at Denver International Airport. Probably wouldnt have seen him again.

"Many conspiracy theorists believe that Denver International Airport is the western U.S. headquarters of the New World Order, and a massive underground base and city is believed to exist underneath the airport. Reasons for this include the airport's unusually large size (larger than some major cities), distance from the Denver, Colorado city center, and the set of environmentally themed murals by artist Leo Tanguma depicting burning cities, gas-mask wearing soldiers and girls in coffins, and the capstone of the Great Hall which includes Masonic symbols and strange writing.[5] It is believed that secret fleets of black helicopters are ready to take control when the New World Order is set up."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by joshter

Yes, he can't leave the cubical to go into a secure area...he isn't special.

I hope he didn't break a nail while they were detaining him in that cubical.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
This whole argument over the meaning of "detained", when he clearly WAS detained for almost two hours, is a typical ploy of people that only seek to create confusion...like a politician or an unethical lawyer.
It depends upon what the meaning of the word IS is, doesn't it Bill.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

reply to post by joshter

I'm glad you can finally admit he was being detained! This is good, we're making progress. He wasn't able to leave the cubicle AT ALL.

“For an hour and a half, they said ‘absolutely, I would have to [accept a pat-down],’” Paul said. “And, because I used my cell phone, they told me I would have to do a full body pat down because you’re not allowed to use your cell phone when you’re being detained.

It doesn't matter WHERE you're being detained at if you're held against your will.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SurrealisticPillow
This whole argument over the meaning of "detained", when he clearly WAS detained for almost two hours, is a typical ploy of people that only seek to create confusion...like a politician or an unethical lawyer.

He was held up two hours by his own choice.

He could of went through the same security protocol that everyone else goes through and been on his way. Instead, he decided to refuse and make a political point.

Political theater...and this particular play is a DRAMA.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

reply to post by joshter

I dont get it. The man was most likely told to stay put until further instructions. Who's trying to make it look like he was handcuffed? Upon description, saying he was detained is fine, no need to elaborate on the connotations of the word my god.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by joshter

LOL.

I think you missed my point.

Rand Paul did this by his own choosing.

Manufactured crisis.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I find it hard to think that he "manufactured" the body scanner to alert itself when he walked through showing something that there was something on his leg that it deemed important enough to take a further look at... only to not go off again when he was able to go through the same body scanner a second time.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SurrealisticPillow

He was held up two hours by his own choice.

He could of went through the same security protocol that everyone else goes through and been on his way. Instead, he decided to refuse and make a political point.

Political theater...and this particular play is a DRAMA.

political theatre is what 99% of this TSA is to begin in

its called security theatre

wow we really DO still have loads of brainwashed people on ats still

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I am utterly disgusted with this!
I cannot believe that the White House says that the TSA acted as it should have. Rand Paul is a U.S. senator for goodness sake. Wonder if they would do this to a senator Kennedy?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
HILARIUS!!! It would seem as if the workers do not like him because Ron Paul wants to kill their job. Unless the order to detain him came from a higher order then its just some idiots that dont like his campaign.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperTripps

Good thing he wasn't detained.

And he had time to sit down for an interview with CNN at 4...so if he didn't make it to the vote...it's his own fault.

just because handcuffs are not used doesn't mean he wasn't detained

white house and tsa are in the wrong here. rand actually has an article exemption for congressman to point too...

which is more than we have

"they had in him a cubicle"

sounds painful....

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by pegasi51
Rand Paul is a U.S. senator for goodness sake.

And?

NOBODY is exempt from the law. If he had an anomaly show up on a body scanner, he should be checked out and not waved through because who knows what it could have been.

Or is this one of those ATS style "I'm disgusted, this shouldn't happen" threads because of who his father is? Sure seems like it.

If it was Romney's son, I bet 98% of you would be calling it the best news you;ve heard in a long time.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join