It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's already begun?The reverse of the Magnetic Poles.Sun and Earth.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Deny777

Isn't that for the OP to say or not to say?

Making possible connections for some of his random postings seems a reach.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I took the liberty of replying because I had seen the article as well and thought about posting it here but the OP beat me to it, hope he doesn't mind.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Maybe the know something

Weak field "The most dramatic changes that occur when the poles reverse is a very large decrease of the total field intensity," said Jean-Pierre Valet, who conducts research on geomagnetic reversals at the Institute of Earth Physics of Paris. [5 Ways the World Will Change Dramatically this Century] Earth's magnetic field takes between 1,000 and 10,000 years to reverse, and in the process, it greatly diminishes before it re-aligns. "It's not a sudden flip, but a slow process, during which the field strength becomes weak, very probably the field becomes more complex and might show more than two poles for a while, and then builds up in strength and [aligns] in the opposite direction," said Monika Korte, the scientific director of the Niemegk Geomagnetic Observatory at GFZ Potsdam in Germany. The scientists say it's the weak in-between phase that would be roughest on Earthlings. According to John Tarduno, professor of geophysics at the University of Rochester, a strong magnetic field helps protect Earth from blasts of radiation from the sun. "Coronal mass ejections (CMEs) occasionally occur on the Sun, and sometimes hurtle directly toward Earth," Tarduno said. "Some of the particles associated with CMEs can be blocked by Earth's magnetic field. With a weak field, this shielding is less efficient." The charged particles bombarding Earth's atmosphere during solar storms would punch holes in Earth's atmosphere, and this could hurt humans. "Ozone holes, like that over Antarctica (which today are due to an entirely different cause related to man) could form as solar particles interact with the atmosphere in a cascade of chemical reactions. These 'holes' would not be permanent, but might be present on one- to 10-year timescales — arguably important enough to be a concern in terms of skin cancer rates," Tarduno said. [Will Sunscreen Protect You from the Upcoming Solar Flares?] Valet agrees that a weak magnetic field could lead to the formation of ozone holes. He wrote a paper last year proposing a direct link between the demise of Neanderthals, our evolutionary cousins, and a significant decrease of the geomagnetic field intensity that occurred exactly at the same period. (That time, the lead-up to a geomagnetic reversal appears to have been "aborted"; the field weakened but didn't end up flipping.) Other scientists aren't convinced that there's a connection between pole reversals and species extinctions. "Even if the field becomes very weak, at the Earth's surface we are shielded from radiation by the atmosphere. Similarly as we cannot see or feel the presence of the geomagnetic field now, we most likely would not notice any significant change from a reversal," Korte said.
source(old.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
They say that this year will be a hard year for the Sun,and for us.
A reverse of the magnetic poles of the Sun will take place very soon,and we don't know what will be the effect,Yet.

TextThe Sun's magnetic poles will remain as they are now, with the north magnetic pole pointing through the Sun's southern hemisphere, until the year 2012 when they will reverse again. This transition happens, as far as we know, at the peak of every 11-year sunspot cycle -- like clockwork.
source(science.nasa.gov...

The solar activity is increasing every day and the reverse of the Sun's magnetic Poles could coincide with the reverse of Earth's magnetic poles or accelerating it.

TextEarth’s magnetic field also flips, but with less regularity. Consecutive reversals are spaced 5 thousand years to 50 million years apart. The last reversal happened 740,000 years ago. Some researchers think our plan

Funny but thier samt ools/.posable;yr , impossible .as the ancient (makers didn't have anything to make the world do.

We coulld still end waiting for t
jhe the guy big till die.

Btw:I see your consort.
anything ------ makes sense that.

edit on damnable sreppinl in rush
edit on 2/21/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
i see the world hasnt ended

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I think Earth's and Sun magnetic poles are

WALK HAND IN HAND

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
I think Earth's and Sun magnetic poles are

WALK HAND IN HAND...

If by "walk hand in hand" you mean the magnetic pole reversals of the Sun and Earth are somehow connected to each other, I'm not quite sure how they are.

The Sun reverses its poles roughly every 11 years, at times of 'solar maximum'. For example since, say, 1950, the Sun reversed its magnetic poles 5 times -- in 1958, 1968, 1979, 1989, and 2000. We are due for another one soon. Pole reversals on Earth are much less common -- sometimes thousands of years between pole reversals, and sometimes millions of years between them. The last time the Earth reversed its poles was over 750,000 years ago, although the reversal prior to that was 120,000 years earlier (about 900,000 years ago).

So the Sun may have reversed its magnetic poles several thousand times since the last time the Earth's magnetic poles reversed....

...I don't see a correlation.

edit on 2/21/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: formatting

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

...I don't see a correlation.
No,it was not about that.It's about those two above my previous post attacking me all the time they are like... "walking hand in hand".

I have my way of expressing myself.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I think this could be related..

Weak Solar Cycle The current prediction for Sunspot Cycle 24 gives a smoothed sunspot number maximum of about 63 in early 2013. We are currently over three years into Cycle 24.

The current predicted size makes this the smallest sunspot cycle in about 100years.
source(solarham.com...
edit on 23-2-2012 by diamondsmith because: mdfy

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Sure -- a sudden shift of Earth's magnetic poles may be "hypothetically" possible,
No.there is proof of it,

tThus, the effects of powerful solar flares: the impact of shock waves in the solar wind, streams of corpuscles and bursts of electromagnetic radiation are the main causes of generation of acoustic-gravitation waves following increased solar activity.

Given the surge in solar activity as manifested itself in the higher number and energy of solar flares since mid-2011, we can assume that there is a high probability of impact of the substantial increase in solar activity on the generation of the unusual humming coming from the sky.

It should be pointed out that solar activity began to rise sharply since early 2011, with its amplitude significantly higher than all forecasts given by a number of influential scientific institutions in 2010 and 2011.

Meanwhile, the observed increase in solar activity is fully consistent with the forecast of the International Committee GEOCHANGE published in the Committee's Report in June 2010.
source(www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

more to come,

The fact is that the acceleration of the drift of the Earth's north magnetic pole which increased more than fivefold between 1998 and 2003 and is at the same level today points to intensification of energy processes in the Earth's core, since it is processes in the inner and outer core that form the Earth's geomagnetic field. Meanwhile, as we have already reported, on November 15, 2011 all ATROPATENA geophysical stations which record three-dimensional variations of the Earth's gravitational field almost simultaneously registered a powerful gravitational impulse.
source(www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join