It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's already begun?The reverse of the Magnetic Poles.Sun and Earth.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

I didn't see where the article said the airplanes were commercial.

You did?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Why would rerouting be necessary if the flights aren't commercial?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

So the military would fly right through it? (the communications interference?)
edit on 1/25/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

What would be the urgency to go over the North Pole during such a time? I wasn't aware they needed to fly to the North Pole daily, why not just surface a sub if it was so urgent to be there. Getting the logic yet?

Our little exchange to me is more topical that the subject of the thread. Derailment was overdue.
edit on 25-1-2012 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Our little exchange to me is more topical that the subject of the thread. Derailment was overdue.

Well at least we are talking about something based in reality.

But I thought that the flight plan adjustment was mainly just lowering the altitude anyway.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

It's going to be an interesting year, that's for sure, hang on to your hats
You are right it's gonna be a very interesting year,more then interesting,but in the same time we must watch very careful the info and the way they try to deconstruct,fortunately they cannot that was take care of....anyway their power goes weaker,and that is the most important think,the sun and earth will suffer a magnetic pole reversal,that's for sure.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

the sun and earth will suffer a magnetic pole reversal,that's for sure.

You still haven't even proven that about the Earth.

You just keep saying "it's true" or "that's for sure" along with a lot of information that has nothing to do with it.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Wow. This thread is, well, not what I expected.

I had been reading different articles addressing polar magnetic drift, and remember seeing videos on YouTube of people claiming the moon looked wrong, and I think one about the sun shining in Antartica when it's not suppose to (those would be more along the lines for crustal movement of course). So when I saw the thread topic I decided to read.

Oh my, a lot of doomsay without anything to back it up. The OP's links to articles that either go way off topic, or do not connect with the topic at all.
I was hoping to see some posting of evidence that the magnetic poles might be shifting (or might not as the case may be).
Referencing the sun's polar shifts, as a cause for our own magnetic shifts is ludicrous.
The sun's pole shifts happen like clock work. The Earth's magnetic shifts also happen, but not quite like clock work as the suns. The record of the shifts is clearly recorded in rocks, and in convection zones (mid-Atlantic ridge), and provides a excellent record of these pole shifts.

However, it seems to me that the OP is suggesting DOOM, if there is a pole shift. Okay, theories are good. Without theories, we would not get an idea that later is proven to be fact (or NOT fact as the case may be).

You say a pole flip of the Earth's magnetic field is going to be pretty much the end of everything.

Citation please! I want to see HARD evidence that this will be the case. You MUST show us a link, to a reputable site, and I do mean REPUTABLE site.
You must now show us that in the Earth's past history, there is a direct link between a magnetic pole reversal and a ELE (Extiction Level Event)

Tests of correlations between extinctions and reversals are difficult for a number of reasons. Larger animals are too scarce in the fossil record for good statistics, so paleontologists have analyzed microfossil extinctions. Even microfossil data can be unreliable if there are hiatuses in the fossil record. It can appear that the extinction occurs at the end of a polarity interval when the rest of that polarity interval was simply eroded away.[19] Statistical analysis shows no evidence for a correlation between reversals and extinctions.

Emphasis mine.

Citation: en.wikipedia.org...

More than likely if our magnetic poles did suddenly shift, we'd simply have a bad day, as our navigation systems would be fubar'ed. But it's nothing that can't be compensated for. Planes won't drop out of the sky, nor will there be 5 mile high tsunamis coming to get you.

Now if you want to talk about a crustal event, where the Earth's crust physically rolls over, that would be a bit different, but again, I'd like to see a citation from a reputable site.

edit on 26-1-2012 by eriktheawful because: spelling

edit on 26-1-2012 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Planes won't drop out of the sky
Planes will fall out from the sky,as the process will be related to strong changes in a short time period,electronics will be first affected.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
The more you know the more you worry. I was listening to an old radio show before Y2K and it was pretty funny. Notice how the Y2K people just went away and never said a word?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

The more you know the more you worry
We must know and we must be prepared for what will come,magnetic poles reversal Sun ans Earth.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith

Planes won't drop out of the sky
Planes will fall out from the sky,as the process will be related to strong changes in a short time period,electronics will be first affected.

Let me see since I'm an electrical / electronics engineer see if I can educate you on how current is induced in both conductors and semi-conductors.

A conductor passing through a magnetic field will induce current (this is how a generator works), the amount of current induced is dependent upon a few things, one of them being the strength of the magnetic field that it is being passed through:

Faraday's Law Of Induction: en.wikipedia.org...'s_law_of_induction

The Earth's magnetic field intensity averages at 0.25 to 0.65 Gauss, where as that magnet on your fridge is at about 100 gauss (magnets in generators, speakers, cross field RF amplifiers are even stronger):

en.wikipedia.org...'s_magnetic_field

It does not mater if the conductor is stationary and the magnetic field is moving, or if the field is stationary and the conductor is moving, both will induce current.
However, the Earth's field is so weak, it does not induce enough EMF (Electromagnetic Force) to cause large enough amounts of current to be induced and produce damage to electrical or electronic circuits.
If it was, then every time a plane tried to take off, it's electronics would burn out. Same goes for your car, or that watch on your wrist.
Hell, if the Earth's magnetic field was that strong, you'd suffer neural damage to your brain just getting out of bed to walk to the bathroom for goodness sakes.

But lucky us, the Earth's magnetic field is NOT that strong, so this does not happen.

So if you were in a plane and the Earth's magnetic field suddenly moved (flipped or whatever) it would NOT destroy the electrical or electronic systems in your plane, making it fall out of the sky.

Please educate yourself before making statements like that.

IF you want planes to drop out of the sky because of a electrical problem, you would need a EMP (Electromagnetic Pulse), that is strong enough to induce that damaging current to electronic or electrical devices that are not shielded (IE Faraday Cage). To get that, you would need one of the following:

A large nuclear detonation.
A large EM producing device, but it will have to be big. We pump out LOTS of EM with radars and they do not knock planes out of the sky (I know, as I used to work on radar systems).
A large solar event from the sun. BUT, the only way this will work is if you are so high up in altitude, that the Earth's magnetic field is too weak to protect the plane (this is why satellites are a concern), or the Earth's magnetic field would have to suddenly not exist, or be greatly diminished.

But again, in THAT case, it's an EMP from the sun, caused by a CME or solar flare that is destroying the electronics. NOT the Earth's magnetic field!

Please stop posting things you don't understand. Incorrect or disinformation is more dangerous to people, than any doomsday prophecy.
edit on 27-1-2012 by eriktheawful because: grammer

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Brilliant explanation thank you. However, just because it is fact AND it makes sense, expect lots of arguing as to why you are wrong!

As an aside, it is entirely plausible that the next time the magnetic field does flip (which it most certainly is in the process of) we MAY (not will for all you doomers) have up to a couple of days with little to no protection from the earths magnetic field. That is when we will really have a few days of collectively crossing our fingers and hoping for nothing aimed at us from the sun.
edit on 27-1-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Planes will fall out from the sky,as the process will be related to strong changes in a short time period

Why is this not in "Highly Speculative"? It has nothing to do with "Space Exploration" (or facts for that matter).

You keep saying magnetic pole reversal on Earth WILL happen this year,
that it WILL be triggered by the solar pole reversal,
planes WILL fall from the sky,
the future WILL end in 2012.

Yet you give no proof.

All you do is say "It's true".

Why should anyone beLIEve anything you say????????
edit on 1/27/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Ok so we were talking about this very thing in my Physical Geology class yesterday...and yes my Professor is actually a geologist with many years of field time. His specialty is mineralogy.

Back to my point. He says that the Earth's poles shift every 500,000 years. They have evidence of this going WAY back, but along with that evidence there is NO evidence that the pole shifts on Earth were cataclysmic in nature and wiped everything out. It has been 700,000 years since Earth's last pole shift so we are overdue by 200,000 years. So it will happen, but nobody knows when.

Also I asked if there would be any signs that your average people like me would notice before and during this event. He said not likely. He said you would need a really good compass that measures "intensity" which they do make and regular people can buy, but you would need to be near the poles when it was used to and be there over a span of time to take readings. He also said that you would need a "magnetometer or magnometer" (can't remember exactly how he pronounced it) which scientist (NASA) have, really good ones, and they currently have set out in space right now, but it's still a guessing game.

Oh, and I asked if he thought it would be gradual or a quick flip and he said they didn't know. So yes, it will happen, but no evidence of it wiping out life on Earth and it's not an exact science. The scientists like everyone else are just as curious and have just as many questions and concerns as we do. God Bless.
edit on 27-1-2012 by watchdog because: clarification

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

In fairness to him, magnetic pole reversal is currently overdue and is in the process of occuring. It may take another 20 minutes, it may take another 10'000 years but it is happening, has happened regularly throughout earth's history and will continue to happen long after our species is dust.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by watchdog

totally right

The only problem we may face (which is a huge problem admittedly) is that that when the poles flip, the indications are that the magnetosphere will, in effect, be down for up to a couple of days (see my post above).

However, when you think how long our planet has been here and how often this occurs, we would have to be really really really really (etc) unlucky to get anything blasted our way by the sun during this small window of vulnerability.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

In fairness to him, magnetic pole reversal is currently overdue and is in the process of occuring. It may take another 20 minutes, it may take another 10'000 years but it is happening, has happened regularly throughout earth's history and will continue to happen long after our species is dust.

In fairness?

He says it WILL happen this year and it WILL be caused by the sun, and it WILL be the end of humanity.

Yes, of course it will happen sometime.

But there is nothing to show it will be this year.
Or caused by the sun.
Or that we will end as a result.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

No there isn't any hard data. All of his posts / threads say something WILL happen this year so i guess i just have an automatic filter when reading them!

However, the South Atlantic anomaly is growing at increasing rates and has been year on year since it was first measured by the Royal Navy in *mumble mumble mumble* (not sure if 17th or 18th century). For those that do not know, this is an area where the Van Allen belt is closest to the surface. There are at least 7 other spots like this around the planet and the indications show that something is in the process of happening. I say something as we weren't around last time it went so the honest truth we do not really know what would happen but we can postulate based on observable evidence.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

So then we should accept all his doomsday and absolute statements in this entire thread, just because of something we already know is going to happen SOMETIME anyway?

Hell why not start making threads saying "We're all gonna DIE tomorrow!!" or "The sun will be a brown dwarf in an hour!!"

These things will happen SOMETIME, right?

So if this OP can get away with it, why shouldn't everyone do it?

See what I'm saying?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join