It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The diversity of E.T. life could be beyond our expectations.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by RatoAstuto
reply to post by mrfrodo1524

Can't remember what exactly was said, but a few days ago I was watching the local news and saw something about scientists discovering microbial life that lives off of methane. Wish I could remember the specifics, but I was just passing by the TV and caught a tidbit of info. I'm sure you can find something with google though.

Holy moly that's scary! Passing gas could create a breeding ground or something! Haha

Jokes aside. That's an amazing feat. I mean who says life can't thrive without oxygen? In my opinion life itself has no limits. It's only in our head that we set a limit.

Thanks for the info. I'll do some searching and see if I can find it.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by smithjustinb

The diversity of E.T. life is not only beyond all human expectations, it is far beyond human understanding, and even human imagination. We of Humanity, planet Earth, this sector, seem to think we are the most evolved, most intelligent creatures in the universe, be we are only fooling ourselves. We are children, in the big scope and grandeur of it all.

It makes you ask yourself, "How much more evolved and intelligent can something get?" I bet much more.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I think it is possible that things could live in other ways than needing water and air and mild temps. But I doubt any of us will know for sure, maybe in 200 years everyone will know, I doubt we even understand 1% of what is really out there or how things work. We haven't even discovered everything in our own oceans.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join