It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul in front of Confederate flag

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Say this isn't so. This is Ron Paul giving a speech about secession in front of a confederate flag back in 2003

Ron Paul speech

Starting A New Thread?! Look Here First
edit on 1/23/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Note--Please include a link, a description of the video, and YOUR opinion, at least a paragraph.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

Oh, I'm sure he that flag is taken out of context and that really isn't him talking....it's a ghost talker.

Just adds more to the long list already that points to him being just a tiny bit racist.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Whats wrong with the Confederate flag?
You aren't one of these people who believe it stands for racism are you?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
So? Who cares? It flies all over the place. It's not like he put it there. I'd bet you could go down south and see lots of confederate flags.

Whatever, you want to think he's racist, go ahead. I'm more worried about the other candidates who are bought and sold by any number of special interests and have no thought about protecting the constitution or our rights as citizens of this country.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Just watched it.

Its an educational talk on many aspects. Not a thing to do with racism.

In fact the confederate flag still flies in many places.

No one said a word about Obama when he financed Odinga to begin the Kenyan genocide. Or when Odinga machete murdered 50 Christians in their church.

Just another bunch of sourpusses because Obama is history against Paul.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Q:1984A:1776

A tear comes to my eye when I read this much truth and logic....

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

This Ron Paul bashing is getting ridiculous. Embarrassing really. Is it really so hard to just have a civil discussion on his policies without slandering or insulting the person?

lol... so I guess this story in the below video didn't really happen because Ron Paul is such a racist...

Yea, Ron Paul gave a speech about states rights in front of a confederate flag. Somebody call the PC police! He must be totally racist despite everything he has ever said or worked for.

news.yahoo.com...

Black college student hangs Confederate flag in dorm room

"When I look at this flag, I don't see racism. I see respect, Southern pride," Thomas said. "This flag was seen as a communication symbol" during the Civil War, he added. "I've been getting a lot of support from people. My generation is interested in freedom of speech."

I guess Byron Thomas is also racist, against himself...

Our country has so many problems and this is the BS that people concern themselves with. No wonder the country is going down the drain.

edit on 23-1-2012 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Q:1984A:1776

Only ignorant racists and uneducated fools think that it is a symbol of racism.

No, it IS a symbol of racism because ignorant racist DO use it as a symbol of racism.

But I guess the swastika isn't a bad symbol either...Obama should give a speech in front of it and his supporters should just claim that it really isn't a symbol of hate or evil.

Regardless of what you want to believe...this is a bad and stupid (along with his many other) moves for Ron Paul. If you are trying to convince people you aren't racist...maybe stop acting like you are racist and sympathize with racists.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
saw this before... how do we know this is not the flag of mississippi?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
saw this before... how do we know this is not the flag of mississippi?

That would be one huge Mississippi flag since the "stars and bars" is less than a quarter of their flag. And the "stars and bars" portion of the flag is square, and the bars form 90 degree angles. The flag in the video has the stars and bars at a larger angle suggesting that it is the full rectangle of the flag.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
System is falling apart, doesnt really matter who or what is in the presidency. Its matters who and what you are in these times. We need cohesion.

edit on 23-1-2012 by ImmortalThought because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2012 by ImmortalThought because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
The Union won the Civil war so their version of history has prevailed.

Here's some Confederate history that's definately not PC.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dezertdog

That is a side of the south they dont want any one to know about. Heritage not hate, The part with the largest plantation in S.C. was owned by a free slave kind of strips the gears of what is taught in good old history class these days

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
RP supporters just look more and more hypocritical when they try to play the race card against Gingrich and Romney when their cult leader is most likely a closeted white supremacist.

That, along with the racist newspapers RP has authored will be enough to easily to stifle the race-card that is constantly played by his cult.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Diablos

A cult? Really a cult?

You like things exactly the way they are also dont you?

Children

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by dezertdog

Goes to show that the war was about more than just slavery. People seem to forget that.

new topics

top topics

join