It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian taxpayers fork out for Queen's royal gifts

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
It's a joke, one of the richest women in the World and she get's everyone else to pay for her visit? The Aussies want to send her a bill for her trip! They should ditch the Queen and have a Republic and be done with all the frippery of Royalty. Once they're done with it they can export the same ideals over to the UK and we can be done with the frippery, pomp, and waste of Royalty too.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by amraks

Um no.

Cant believe I'm defending the queen but you're twisting the facts here.

The flood tax has nothing to do with private or personal donations, right?

Its for all the federal money that was used, not I repeat, for donations.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
reply to post by amraks

I totally agree mate. The Poms have screwed us over left, right and centre since the birth of Australia. Perhaps when the Queen passes, we could become a Republic. Imo, it would be better, we have always been restricted in things (especially our search for nuclear power, which the USA, and UK restricted us from doing). I think if we had our way, we would be a very influential and powerful country, i would even go so far to say, a superpower.
edit on 23-1-2012 by daaskapital because: eta

Very influential and powerful? How do you propose that when you can't even convince people to come and visit your dustbowl nation? How are you going to influence anything with a tiny population and even smaller economy? The only thing preventing your nation being used as China's plaything is the Union Jack in your flag.

You need us far more than we need you.

Ps: Since we have screwed you over, where can we apply for a refund for all the money we donated to you when the floods hit? I would hate to think my money was being used to help people with such a low opinion of us.
edit on 23-1-2012 by staticarium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Queen donates money, Victims receive money. Victims(tax payers too) and us tax payers, pay for the queens gifts to our leaders.
do you see the cycle?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by staticarium

Very influential and powerful? How do you propose that when you can't even convince people to come and visit your dustbowl nation? How are you going to influence anything with a tiny population and even smaller economy? The only thing preventing your nation being used as China's plaything is the Union Jack in your flag.

Oh ffs, you Poms need to grow up, and get rid of your elitist mentalities! Australia is well positioned for a strong economy, and if it wasn't for the UK, and the USA holding us back, we would be a very influential nation at this time.Australia was seeking nuclear power during the Cold War which was restricted by the USA and the UK. Our population may be small, but it is sustainable. Have you ever visited Australia? If so, the you would know that there is much more than just a "dustbowl." Get a life kid and do some research.

By the way, the money everyone has donatted seems to have gone no where, everyone who got nailed is still without a house and equipment, so i can only guess where the money went. Not every Aussie has a low opinion of the British, it's just that through history, Australia has witnessed the general mentality of the British towards the Australians.
edit on 23-1-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I just want to point out, that in America, the president and other state department officials who receive "Gifts" from other countries may under no circumstance keep them. Normally the gifts they receive end up in a presidential library or just lost. Very strict rules on that for some reasons.

I believe the queen of england gave Obama a chair once, he was not aloud to keep it. He gave her an iPod. She didn't know what it was.
edit on 23-1-2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

link   

Oh ffs, you Poms need to grow up, and get rid of your elitist mentalities! Australia is well positioned for a strong economy, and if it wasn't for the UK, and the USA holding us back, we would be a very influential nation at this time.Australia was seeking nuclear power during the Cold War which was restricted by the USA and the UK. Our population may be small, but it is sustainable. Have you ever visited Australia? If so, the you would know that there is much more than just a "dustbowl." Get a life kid and do some research.

You are right, it is more than a dustbowl, It's a huge public swimming pool in Queensland.

You are the colony and you will continue to pay out when we say so, and it really is just too bad if you have a problem with that!

link   
I think it's about time you Ozzies stand up for yourselves and become a Republic.

We in the UK will not take offense, on the contrary, we may even applaud you for it.

Come on Oz..you have the independent spirit, shake off the Colonial vampires and do your own thing.

Cosmic..

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
We had a choice a few years ago of becoming a republic. If people had voted yes we could of been done with this discussion.
China's play toy you say?
If we don't cut our ties soon with you the UK, US we will be all their play toys.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

You are right, it is more than a dustbowl, It's a huge public swimming pool in Queensland.

You are the colony and you will continue to pay out when we say so, and it really is just too bad if you have a problem with that!
Such a well constructed comeback

If you don't want to have a civilised conversation you can leave the room

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Look at this situation and take note . Americans get online almost daily to be faced with I Hate America rants and all because we trusted our government to do the job for which they were hired. They slow cooked us like a frog and here we are....I'd just to put out there ....there is no proof TPTB are in fact american.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Elisha03011972

No dis to Americans or the united kingdom as people it where your government leads us that is the problem.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
A second thought about welcoming them? I must of missed the first thought. The Aussie government along with the royal inbreds can go f..k themselves. They are not my leaders, they do not control me and never will. My daughter could work out problems better than those hypocrites. What I would like to see is Gillard on her knees in front of me (false teeth out of course) ready for a mouth full.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by amraks
We had a choice a few years ago of becoming a republic. If people had voted yes we could of been done with this discussion.

Yeah I remember the referendum and we Aussies voted the right way. Howard wanted the senate to vote in the president to replace the Queen rather than letting us Aussies vote for our own pres. One thing we Aussies distrust more than royalty is our politicians..

Ox

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I guess since I moved out here now I'm paying for this too. Although I've always thought the idea of royalty is completely ridiculous, Australia will never be it's OWN country until it separates itself from the British Commonwealth and there's more chance of me moonwalking through hell with satan than that happening. I mean let's be honest.. Knights? Princes?.. Oh ok Sir Elton John, go slay me a dragon!..
As for the gifts, what did you expect? Gillard is useless, worse than a bilge pump on the Titanic. The Queen has to grease the wheels to all these people so they don't start thinking about disassociating from Britain.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

$1 Million freaking dollars! I think it sucks that us here in Australia are footing the bill for presents given to Australian leaders, as well as the travel costs for the royals. It's absurd. I bet if the public knew that we were paying for everything they done down here, we would have had a second thought about welcoming them.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

America knock knock. When British people are done drinking their tea, then read common sense by Thomas Paine. That was how you be a republic, and not give money to people who don't give two hoots about your well-being and actually the Monarchy would prefer you were not breathing. They believe that your carbon dioxide is hurting the planet that God gave them the priviledge to rule.
Playing around with Satan and it is absurd. That is why I am American and will be a patriot to the end of my republic (and it is a mess).

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Wait a minute, is Australia still a colony? Why haven't you guys declared your independence yet? Did they take away your guns or something?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join