It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU agrees to Iran oil ban, Iran threatens to shutdown Hormutz, US/UK/France in the area

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Well this is quite a powder keg.

Newsinaninstant

US Elite Commando's in place near #Iran as EU prepares oil & financial sanctions.

BRK: All EU states banned from making new contracts with #Iran with immediate effect.

BRK: EU to freeze assets of #Iran Central Bank.

BRK: EU oil embargo on #Iran to come into effect on July 1.

BRK: US Fifth Fleet monitoring #Hormuz as #Iran says it will close the oil route.

BRK: Iranian news agency: Senior member of parliament says Iran will "definitely" close Strait Of Hormuz if crude exports are disrupted

Britain, US, France send warships through Strait of #Hormuz without incident as EU prepares sanctions.

And now Russia enters :

Russia will keep all from making radical moves on Iran, has strong hope Iran talks will resume soon - FM Lavrov

This could get real ugly real fast.

More :
Iran's Revolutionary Guards prepare for war

Iran’s Revolutionary Guards have been put on a war footing amid increasing signs that the West is taking direct action to cripple Iran’s nuclear programme.

Status of the US navy

Aircraft Carriers:
USS Enterprise (CVN 65) - Atlantic Ocean
USS Carl Vinson (CVN 70) - 5th Fleet
USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN 72) - 5th Fleet
USS John C. Stennis (CVN 74) - 5th Fleet

3 aircraft carriers around Iran... + Enterprise en route.

Iran 'definitely' closing Strait of Hormuz over EU oil embargo

Tensions in the Gulf could reach a breaking point as a senior Iranian official said Iran would “definitely” close the Strait of Hormuz if an EU oil embargo disrupted the export of crude oil, the semi-official Fars news agency reports.

So either someone's bluff is gonna be called by July 1 or it will hit the fan.

And some more :
Cyber Attacks on Azerbaijan Originated in Iran, Minister Says

The New Desperate Concoction for War on Iran

Our soon-to-be-NATO member intimate ally regime in Central Asia, Azerbaijan, claims it has allegedly exposed an Iranian assassination plot and Iranian terror cell in its capital city-Baku [All Emphasis Mine]:

Azerbaijan’s National Security Ministry (MNS) says it has uncovered a terror group that was plotting to assassinate public figures, RFE/RL’s Azerbaijani Service reports. The ministry said on January 19 that the group was planning terrorist acts and had illegally acquired firearms, military supplies, and explosives.

The APA news agency quoted the MNS as saying that Azerbaijani citizens Rasim Aliyev, Ali Huseynov, and Balaqardash Dadashov — the latter of whom is living in Iran — coordinated efforts to acquire firearms and explosives.It said those materials were brought illegally to Azerbaijan from Iran.

The MSN said Dadashov was in contact with Iranian special service bodies and ordered the assassination of prominent foreigners living in Baku. It claims that Dadashov promised Aliyev — his brother-in-law — $150,000 for his work.The MSN said Dadashov had told his accomplices that he would discuss their plans with Iranian secret services.

More BS for war.
edit on 23-1-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I think the US were hoping from a response from Iran with the USS Lincoln parading itself through the straits but Iran did not bite. should Iran have bitten, tonight would have been the official start of the war as they did not bite then I believe it has only been delayed but will eventually happen and soon.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Russia will keep all from making radical moves

Watch that space. US cannot war directly with either China or Russia. Both would be hurt by western military intervention, and Russian presence in both Syria and Iran would be 4 aces.

I disagree with you on one thing though, this is already ugly.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I'm excited.

Been waiting for this for awhile now. God be with you, Iran.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Babbleman
I'm excited.

Been waiting for this for awhile now. God be with you, Iran.

Excited is not an appropriate word, do you have any son's or daughters in the firing line? I suspect you don't. People die in wars, some good and some bad but they still have families.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
This is it, may God Bless Iran

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
It's such a bad feeling knowing your powerless in stopping these acts of war that could, and probably will, inevitable effect us all.

One of these days I hope the people wake up and we can take back the power that has been stolen from us.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
They are probably thinking they need a war to boost the economy without thinking how much it will cost them to enter a war. Also what do we expect when we have former Goldman Sachs employees running some of these countries to back up America to get what they want, their bank then they think they will have won.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
"Iran 'definitely' closing Strait of Hormuz over EU oil embargo"

"Tensions in the Gulf could reach a breaking point as a senior Iranian official said Iran would “definitely” close the Strait of Hormuz if an EU oil embargo disrupted the export of crude oil, the semi-official Fars news agency reports."

Ummm thats quite a bit of reaching. Iran also warned the US not to send another carrier through the strait and the US just did yesterday and Iran did nothing.

So what is the EU embargo DOESNT disrupt the export of crude. Does Iran still shut down the strait?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
If Iran does shut down the straits the USA and European countries are responsible for it.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Ummm thats quite a bit of reaching. Iran also warned the US not to send another carrier through the strait and the US just did yesterday and Iran did nothing.

You see, you're not a dumb guy, but you fall on your face because you fail to educate yourself over and over again.

That's the problem with only reading the newspaper headlines and political propaganda, instead of searching to understand things.

Iran didn't say that IF the US sends another carrier through the Straight, they would close it or attack US.

Iran DID say that they would respond "accordingly" to any escalation of presence in the Straight... Like they said themselfs, Iran would not respond to normal traffic in the area. People seem to forget that Iran DOESN'T want war, and all their provocations are simple responses to a feeling of threat coming from the Western powers.

If all the houses around yours, were robbed through some period of time, wouldn't you be concerned and send out warning to the thugs? That's what Iran is doing, although I don't consider Western countries thugs.

As far as threats go, Iran is showing some class actually. We haven't seen a country do such a mastermind job with propaganda and words since the Cold War.

They make threats powerful enough to make newspapers being sold in the West, but at the same time, the threats are complex enough in order for them to avoid any serious action (for now). They are keeping their word, without looking like cowards (for those who see this whole thing as it is).

Without even noticing, the Western countries fell into a trap, a corner, and there are only 2 ways out of this situation when/if the sanctions start to take effect on Iran's economy.

1- Iran starts feeling the hit, doesn't want to end up like Iraq and starts a war on it's own/provokes a military response and starts war.

2- Iran backs off, they start a down-spiral due to the sanctions, we would see happening in Iran what happened in Iraq, and in...7 or 8 years, we would have a Iran-war, when they are weak and vulnerable, taking over the final chess piece in the Middle East.

I'm not going over the China/Russia participation in all this. IMO it's impossible to know what they are planing. I just hope it's not offensive.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
If people could really fathom what the outcome would be from this confrontation, the world's population would rise up against war and aggression with such fervor that it would be buried for generations to come.

The sad part is the immunity some feel towards the inevitable results.

Man's judgement day comes.

May God forgive us and shine his mercy on us all.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Ummm what are you missing from the warning from Iran?

“We recommend to the American warship that passed through the Strait of Hormuz and went to Gulf of Oman not to return to the Persian Gulf,” said Maj. Gen. Ataollah Salehi, the commander in chief of the army, as reported by Iran’s official news agency, IRNA. “The Islamic Republic of Iran will not repeat its warning.”

General Salehi did not say what action Iran would take if the carrier were to re-enter the Persian Gulf.

www.nytimes.com...

Originally posted by Tifozi

You see, you're not a dumb guy, but you fall on your face because you fail to educate yourself over and over again.

That's the problem with only reading the newspaper headlines and political propaganda, instead of searching to understand things.

Iran didn't say that IF the US sends another carrier through the Straight, they would close it or attack US.

Iran DID say that they would respond "accordingly" to any escalation of presence in the Straight... Like they said themselfs, Iran would not respond to normal traffic in the area. People seem to forget that Iran DOESN'T want war, and all their provocations are simple responses to a feeling of threat coming from the Western powers.

If all the houses around yours, were robbed through some period of time, wouldn't you be concerned and send out warning to the thugs? That's what Iran is doing, although I don't consider Western countries thugs.

As far as threats go, Iran is showing some class actually. We haven't seen a country do such a mastermind job with propaganda and words since the Cold War.

They make threats powerful enough to make newspapers being sold in the West, but at the same time, the threats are complex enough in order for them to avoid any serious action (for now). They are keeping their word, without looking like cowards (for those who see this whole thing as it is).

Without even noticing, the Western countries fell into a trap, a corner, and there are only 2 ways out of this situation when/if the sanctions start to take effect on Iran's economy.

1- Iran starts feeling the hit, doesn't want to end up like Iraq and starts a war on it's own/provokes a military response and starts war.

2- Iran backs off, they start a down-spiral due to the sanctions, we would see happening in Iran what happened in Iraq, and in...7 or 8 years, we would have a Iran-war, when they are weak and vulnerable, taking over the final chess piece in the Middle East.

I'm not going over the China/Russia participation in all this. IMO it's impossible to know what they are planing. I just hope it's not offensive.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

So? Did Iran say "The second you pass through the Straight AGAIN we will attack you"?

No. Iran, clearly (if you cared to read the proper sources, like reuters.com) stated to the world to listen, that it would not accept a escalation of military presence within it's territorial waters.

Iran also said, when everyone made an ass of themselves for saying "AHAHAHA US CALLED BLUFF" that the traffic was on normal activity. The same way India doesn't go FUBAR when Pakistan changes shifts in the border watch towers. Something that most morons in ATS would know if they cared to travel outside of their own desktops.

And besides, who says Iran isn't preparing a response? I doubt it is, since they made clear WHEN they would act after certain US/EU actions. It's the ATS stupid-factor again. Just because something happened, doesn't mean the consequences are immediate. Even response attacks take time.

The US took months in order to respond to the Pearl Harbor attack, just to name an example.

I never stop to amaze myself with the dumbness of certain responses in this forum.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I think you have missed the point of my posts. I posted what i did because of ALL the warmonegring threads i see on here everyday stating that something is imminent when it isnt.

So? Did Iran say "The second you pass through the Straight AGAIN we will attack you"?

No. Iran, clearly (if you cared to read the proper sources, like reuters.com) stated to the world to listen, that it would not accept a escalation of military presence within it's territorial waters.

Iran also said, when everyone made an ass of themselves for saying "AHAHAHA US CALLED BLUFF" that the traffic was on normal activity. The same way India doesn't go FUBAR when Pakistan changes shifts in the border watch towers. Something that most morons in ATS would know if they cared to travel outside of their own desktops.

And besides, who says Iran isn't preparing a response? I doubt it is, since they made clear WHEN they would act after certain US/EU actions. It's the ATS stupid-factor again. Just because something happened, doesn't mean the consequences are immediate. Even response attacks take time.

The US took months in order to respond to the Pearl Harbor attack, just to name an example.

I never stop to amaze myself with the dumbness of certain responses in this forum.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

. Even response attacks take time.

The US took months to reply to the pearl harbour attack.

That's right...it took months to reply EVEN THOUGH THEY KNEW IT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN 6 months before !!!!

Everything has an agenda and timetable...everything will have to run its course.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I understand what you are saying, I really do, and I often agree with you, since many people around here jump on the Anti-US and pro-war waggon.

Personally, I just don't like the attitude in which you approach subjects. This is a forum, not a personal (as in private) debate. If you find some news that refute what other people say, just post it and comment, you don't need to comment with a condescending tone, especially with your nickname. lol

As for the subject, I agree with the part that it doesn't happen. But it doesn't happen now. You need to widen your timeline for this things. It takes decades to plan a proper war. WW1 and WW2 were so close together because the tactics used in the final stages of the WW1 were the same in start of WW2 (except for the German part with the Blitzkrieg).

It hasn't happened now, and I agree with you that WW3 isn't around every single corner or news piece. But people have to start considering this ending the wrong way. It has been escalating, and it's getting worst. That is a fact all sides must agree on.

Regards
edit on 23/1/12 by Tifozi because: missed a word

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Interesting. The enterprise is in Virginia right now and is scheduled to go near Iran in March.
edit on 24-1-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
@Vitchilo :Why did you say July 1 ?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyanhide
@Vitchilo :Why did you say July 1 ?

Well the European oil embargo goes in effect fully on July 1.

And Iran said that any disruption in their oil exports would mean them closing the strait of Hormuz.

So someone's bluff will get called by then or war will ensue.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join