It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Declaring Insanity and Joining the Crowd....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
In a world where the vast majority of people are brainwashed by the media, asleep from drinking copious amounts of alcohol, and distracted by reality TV and the Superbowl, the small group of people actually seeking out the hidden truths are scoffed at and declared insane. So be it... I'm joining the club!

I've lurked in the forums for about 4 months now, and I think it's about time to jump in. I really appreciate how the site creates a platform entirely dedicated to exploring "alternative" topics of all varieties, and I was actually pleasantly surprised about the quality and depth of knowledge that many in the community share. I use alternative in quotes, because I feel like the site as a whole ultimately boils down to seeking the truth, and it's a bit sad to me that such exploration has to be labeled alternative! Yet, that's the way it has always been in history (take Galileo for instance-- even the "Father of Science" was accused of heresy by the Inquisition at the time he presented his scientific evidence). But I digress...

While I've always felt somewhat connected to the spiritual, I would say that I've officially "swallowed the red pill" only a few months ago. I am STARVING for answers right now regarding the paranormal, the spiritual, and particularly the crazy world we live in that absolutely feels like the dystopian sci-fi future Orwell and many others warned us about-- it's here NOW! However, as a twenty-something year old, it's hard for me to gauge just how wild things are today without much of a reference point to compare it to-- is the energy of change in the air for real (as in, things weren't this way 30 years ago), or am I just imagining things (in other words, was there always the equivalent of an ATS community since the dawn of civilization)?

Sorry, sorry, I keep changing the topic and I know this post is supposed to be about me, so we can just leave that question rhetorical haha. I actually wanted to lurk longer to absorb some more of the vast amount of information presented in these forums, but I figured that if nothing else, it couldn't hurt to add another hungry and creative mind to the mix!

Looking forward to the future,
solarjetman

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
welcome and enjoy he ride

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
heya,
welcome onboard, judging by your into, you'll fit right in.

lot of great people and a lot of fine researchers here on ats.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!
The finest collection of absolutely rubbish information!
I will help with your quest for knowlege, jesus nor aliens will not save us, we must dig ourselves out.
Nobody on this site has priveleged information and if they do, they're not talking.
After all, no predictions of consequence have ever been made here.
Just some good old fashioned fearthink and brain stimulation.
Excellent source of "entertainment" ATS is.
Just remember, none of it is real.
By the way if you can admit it, you are not insane.
No matter what the media may try to tell you.
So, stop using their label.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
dude, your gonna scare him off lol

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Howdy. Welcome to the madhouse! In honor of you:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by solarjetman

Welcome to ATS Solarjetman !

Hope you'll have fun & enjoy !!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Haha, don't worry about people perceiving you to be crazy
It really is -everyone else- that is crazy (i really wish i was joking)

That is the nature of the world we live in now.
A change in the world is needed.
And those of us that are prepared will be able to take the next step in our evolution.

Or so i believe anyways, lots of information on here friend! LOTS. Just do keep in mind that the world around you really is nothing but a manufactured illusion. Its meant to keep you enslaved to a system that extorts you for personal gain of a select few members of society. And has been so for the last 150+ years. They tried to physically enslave people, but that didn't work out to well.
The best slave is one who thinks he is free.

Learn, Enlighten, Spread the truth.
Even if just to your closest friends.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Nice first post.
Welcome and hope you have a good critical/logical mind.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
>>
or am I just imagining things (in other words, was there always the equivalent of an ATS community since the dawn of civilization)?
>>

Certainly! People (in my opinion) over-value movements like anonymous or occupy, there were much stronger "movements" back in the days, in the 70s for example..the whole hippie culture.

It's just that after the 70s and 80s, i THINK a big "lethargy" started to set it...that is people and especially young people simply did not give a ### anymore about things..the age of video games where people rather prefer to sit at home. There were movements and kind of "revolutions" also way back, starting in the 50s Rock'n'Roll which was seen as a BIIIIG "threat" to establishments.

Only very recently with occupy and similar movements, some people again started to get more critical (after the "no future and i give a #### 80s and 90s"...so yes, to answer your question there were always movements against the establishment and questioning things. And those in the past often stronger and "better" than what we have today. IMO. MORE people still need to wake up.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

If you are starving for information about the paranormal, supernormal and the spiritual connection between mind and body I truly recommend you to read the book Zhuan Falun in my signature link.

The book has been sold in 100s of million copies all over the world and is banned in China by the communist party. Read and enjoy, it is free to download and explains what human life is all about!

/Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good, Falun Dafa is good

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Thanks everyone! Insightful comments, a book recommendation and a crazy music video in reply to my first post... I think I'm gonna enjoy this

I have a lot of ideas formulating in my head, so hopefully a official thread debut is imminent, but in the meantime I will chime in here and there as I see fit....
edit on 25-1-2012 by solarjetman because: _javascript mistake

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Hi solarjetman, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.
I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from and add your thoughts and opinions too as well.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Welcome to the Disneyland for Conspiracy Theorist...!

* Please be sure you are at least this tall to get on any of the rides, (Johnny stretches his arm outward).

* Please remember that some members are very passionate and vocal depending on what ride your all on. So please make sure you are strong willed with a strong stomach.

* Be open-minded enough to know that sometimes the ride isn't always what you might expect, you actually might learn something new and 'out-of-the-box' before you get off the ride.

* So buckle up, keep the arms within your comfort zone and have fun...!

Johnny

PS.. Be sure to read the links that Sauron, gave they are invaluable..!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Welcome to the club, Nice Intro! Hope your stay is a good one.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Welcome!
I look forward to reading your "Insane" Forum Information! I love to be open to New Ideas, So Please Feed me!
HaHa, I hope we can coverse together and Share our Thoughts.
Hope you enjoy your stay in ATS.
>ProgramSiberia

top topics

join