It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China suffers second bird flu death in a month,this man also had no contact with poultry.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
One to keep an eye on.Second man to die who had NO contact with poultry.www.telegraph.co.uk...

China suffers second bird flu death in a month
A man in southwest China who contracted bird flu has died, health authorities said, the second human death from the virulent disease in the country in just under a month.The latest victim, 39, fell ill on January 6 and was subsequently admitted to hospital in Guiyang – capital of Guizhou province – where his condition rapidly deteriorated, the provincial health department said in a statement.
Tests on the patient before he died confirmed he had contracted the H5N1 virus, it added.
"So far, 71 people who had close contact with the victim have not developed abnormal symptoms," the health department said.
He is the second man to die from bird flu in China in less than a month, after a bus driver in the southern province of Guangdong passed away from the disease on December 31.

according to health authorities, the man who died in Guizhou had not reported any obvious exposure to poultry before the onset of symptoms.

edit on 23-1-2012 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

We seem to be seeing alot more flu coverage in the press over the last few years,There are 3 main types of flu, a b and c

There are three types of flu viruses: A, B, and C. Type A and B cause the annual influenza epidemics that have up to 20% of the population sniffling, aching, coughing, and running high fevers. Type C also causes flu; however, type C flu symptoms are much less severe.

It is the a and b viruses that cause the epidemics every year, and every year people die from these flu epidemics. The elderly and the young or the ill are most susceptable

Type A flu virus is constantly changing and is generally responsible for the large flu epidemics. The influenza A2 virus (and other variants of influenza) is spread by people who are already infected.

www.webmd.com...
Is it that the flu cases are increasing every year , and consequently more deaths are occuring, or is it because the deaths are being reported where as before they wernt .... in not sure... it just seems that every year we have a new strain of flu for the epidemics , ie bird flu , swine flu, etc etc
More info about flu from the cdc
www.cdc.gov...
so is it the fact that we are having more deaths ... or is it because they are just being reported more.....

flu is so easily passed onto other people the bus driver didnt nessacarily need to have direct contact with poulty,someone that had got on the bus could of been in contact with it and not washed there hands ... who knows? its so easily spread,

Flu viruses enter your body through the mucus membranes of your nose, eyes, or mouth. Every time you touch your hand to one of these areas, you are possibly infecting yourself with a virus.

you dont have to have direct contact with the contaminant , just to touch a surface where they have had there hands and not washed them, then rub your eyes or touch your mouth and voila you have the virus passed on.
edit on 23-1-2012 by imnothereru because: forgot something

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by imnothereru

This is the deadly Bird flu that kills most people who contract it. If this has jumped from bird to human to human to human and is more virulent there is a potential for this to one day go global very quickly and kill untold millions. This is not your usual flu and its far worse than swine flu or any other seasonal flu..

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
So, the Telegraph link quotes the death toll across the world as 330 to date, and a link in another thread I read today (which I'll look up & add here) re new cases in Greece and Mexico quoter 17,000. That's a huge variance. Anyone know why the reports are so at odds?

Ah - sorry, my mistake. The other one's swine flu.

theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.... ... nd-greece/

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

If you had read my post it does explain that type A flu is the ever changing mutational flu, thats the oen that causes the epidemics , ie its bird flu , swine flu etc etc

Type A flu or influenza A viruses are capable of infecting people as well as animals; although it is more common for people to suffer the ailments associated with this type of flu. Wild birds commonly act as the hosts for this flu virus.

please read my post before telling me its a totally new flu.....

www.webmd.com...
please read.......

The avian influenza virus causes bird flu. Birds can be infected by influenza A viruses and all of its subtypes. Yet birds are not capable of carrying either type B or C of the influenza viruses.

So bird flu is flu A, with a subtype...

There are three main subtypes of avian flu, including H5, H7, and H9. The subtypes H5 and H7 are the most deadly while the H9 subtype is less dangerous.

So h5n1 which is the bird flu you are on about is flu A subtype H5N1, hope that clears it up a bit

edit on 23-1-2012 by imnothereru because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Absolutely ,that is the frightening thing about this new case because if this bird flu has now mixed with a conventional flu and mutated there is nothing to stop it being spread through out the local human population then as we saw with Mexican pig flu, the whole world very fast..

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37

Absolutely ,that is the frightening thing about this new case because if this bird flu has now mixed with a conventional flu and mutated there is nothing to stop it being spread through out the local human population then as we saw with Mexican pig flu, the whole world very fast..

On one hand you just agreed with me by saying "absolutely" then in the next breathe you tell me its bird flu mixed with conventional flu.....did you read my post i stated twice that bird flu is a subtype of flu A its not mixed its a subtype meaning its mutated

Oh and yes it will spread fast flu always does , you sneeze in a bus full of people without your hand over your mouth and quite a few will be infected
edit on 23-1-2012 by imnothereru because: spelling mistake

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Mutated yes could be very serious lets hope you are correct and its just a sub type otherwise the world will not know what has hit it. I guess if not this time then maybe another year so defiantly one to keep an eye on. I just hope they find a vaccine when it does eventually mutate and spread global.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

your not getting the hole story nor the truth, just what the MSM wants you too here is the real scoop www.abovetopsecret.com... this is the link english.pravda.ru... note the death toll

Since our last article two days ago, the situation has got worse: A H5N1 (Avian Flu) cases have been recorded in the People's Republic of China and in Vietnam. This, after deaths in Indonesia and Egypt from this virus with an extremely high mortality rate.

The Vietnamese Ministry of Health has confirmed the death of an eighteen-year-old man from Kien Giang Province, who developed symptoms on January 10, was hospitalised on January 12 and died on January 14. 60 patients of the 120 cases registered in Vietnam with A H5N1 have died.
the link goes on to say

The Indonesian health Ministry has confirmed another case of death occasioned by Influenza A H5N1 in a human - a five-year-old girl from the Province of Jakarta. She was hospitalised on January 7, developed severe breathing difficulties on January 13 and died on January 16. This is the latest of 184 Bird Flu cases in Indonesia, of which 152 have been fatal - a fatality rate of 82 per cent. She had close family contact with case 183 and was exposed to the same pigeons that caused that case.

nothing like saying ok it is out there and spreading but it is over there not here do not worry ..yet

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

It's bio-warfare. Canadian government is implicated
in covering up the flu transition to salmon stocks,
wounder why ?
It benefits the pharama industry aswell.

new topics

top topics

join