It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need to seriously start considering secession and here is why

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I'm not so sure. Maybe a news broadcast in other nations, but in America, I don't know. I just can't imagine current leadership releasing their hold on the USA. I just don't think they would allow CNN, and other news outlets to announce that our nation is no more. I can see them having MSM play down the severity of the situation. I think they would avoid telling us to avoid mass panic or to avoid Cascadia type groups from taking control.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by I Want To Believe
reply to post by lampsalot

You say that Americanisim is a religion. How in what way is it a religion? You also say that America from the beginning has been about oppression rather than freedom. In what way? The America I read about in the history books says that America was founded on the priciples of Liberty and Republicanisim. America was founded BECAUSE of oppression (the oppression of Great Britain on the American colonies) not ON oppression. It was however founded on the ideals of Freedom and Liberty. Those same ideals hold true even in this day and age.

We mustn't give up on these ideals. If we do we dishonor our Forefathers and their many, many sacrifices. I'm not sure which history books you've been reading but you have a very skewered sense of American history. I'm very glad you're trying to 'Become the Change' and be active and voice your opinions but you must understand that men shed their blood so that you COULD have an opinion AND voice it.

"Liberty must at all hazards be supported. We have a right to it, derived from our Maker. But if we had not, our fathers have earned and bought it for us, at the expense of their ease, their estates, their pleasure, and their blood." ~ President John Adams

Well the fact you capitalize many of the words implies that you see them as sacred, hence, religion. A kind of nationalistic form of ancestral worship if you will.

I'm not suggesting we throw the values we gained in the Enlightenment into the garbage. I mean the fact Cascadia will mostly be ex-Americans means that a Cascadian constitution will likely resemble the American one in many regards anyways. The founding fathers said specifically that if the US government became too corrupt, it would not only be our right, but our DUTY, to replace it.

And Thomas Jefferson actually supported the idea of a Republic of the Pacific in more or less the same area as Cascadia.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by I Want To Believe

"So you're suggesting that we just forget the sacrifices of our Forefathers and those who came before us?"

Dead peoples baggage.. the GOP, DNC and their supporters have morphed into nothing but traitors and deserve to be abandoned.

I'm all for secession, California doesn't need DC mafioso.. no state does. States and nations are artificial lines drawn on maps that can be re-drawn to better suit the local population.

Ultimately it should come down to a vote of those affected, if Cal or Texas wants to leave.. they should decide.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by collietta

The Soviet Union and the United States were very similar.. both were Republics for instance, and their federal governments organized in much the same way. Even our exterior agencies and intelligence communities were the same.. the only vast difference was our economies and political ideology. Ultimately it was the interior nationalist movements within the Republic that eventually brought about pressure to either put down a growing rebellion or dissolve the Union. They decided to dissolve the Union.

So that begs to question if Regionalism or State Nationalism were to take hold in the USA, and if pressure was placed on the US Government to dissolve the Union .. would they? It's entirely possible. Hell, it's happened before.. only of course it was repressed by the Federal Government (at the time the deadliest war in Human history actually)

But who knows, in this day and age.. if conditions were right it's possible. The Federal Government has done an outstanding job lately making it's self the bad guy and alienating support from individuals and state governments.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Let me ask you guys - what would be better, for us to remain loyal to America, I'm not just talking Cascadians. I'm talking people from every region of the country. Or would it be better to take control of our own destiny? Yes, it's almost undeniable that any secession from the US is going to cause the government to slay some of the dissenters, because we know America's history, but isn't even that preferable to the path of doom and destruction they have in mind for us?

Are you willing to send our kids to Iran to start a third world war just to avoid rocking the boat? Are you willing to allow the transformation of America into a third world country to continue just because you're afraid of challenging the status quo?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

i had to stop right there for one reason, not that i don't think it's a awesome idea, but when you want to separate from the Union/Canada, you become SOLELY your own country..

should that happen, you'll be set up to be invaded, and without any military backing you up, it'll be a walk in the park for ANY country to take you over, without ever a shot being fired; it's like Texas becoming it's own country, and ALL that tax $$$ are now NOT a part of the Union .. the s*** storm will commence at once!!!!

edit on 23-1-2012 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
With regards to Texas.

www.usnews.com...

As to the others

US Federal judicial system, in the case of Texas v. White, established that states do not have the right to secede without the consent of the other states.

en.wikipedia.org...

Good luck with that.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I was thinking the same thing, but i'd prefer a rebellion to succession.
Restore the Republic.
I don't think you people understand just how many people we have on our side, we need to MOBILIZE.
If we organized into a full fledged oppositional force, they would have no choice but to concede or face death.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

We need to seriously start considering secession and here is why,

Yep and if the south would of won we would of had it made

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaX

The government decided that all slave owners had to give up their slaves and if they wouldn't do it, the government was going to make them. Therefore, the government declared war on them, not the other way around. I think that would be too hard to do. I would like to be wrong about that though, as that means that we don't have any real power.

Do yourself a favor and read a few history book on the American civil war so you don't make ignorant statements like this.

Also, all this talk of Washington and our forefathers being horrified about American citizens seceding? You're all wrong. They would be horrified that we've let our elected leaders become royalty. That we have let a central bank control the government and congress. They would be horrified that we've taken this once beautiful American continent and turned it into a giant shopping mall.They would be all for secession I think. After all, they seceded from G.B. They saw the king as a tyrant with no interest in the common people. See any parallels to today?
edit on 23-1-2012 by Cancerwarrior because: added more

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
we are caught behind the lines, problem is, do we

A) 'bolt' without the others and leave them behind thus is the mentality is "I got out .. everyone to his own"

B)do we just pretend "other guys" on the other side will save us .. or

C). do we come up with a plan to 'escape' & expose this dark prison for what it is and allow others to escape like we did..?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystrange

No law made by man can restrict the natural right of Sovereignty from any people who desire it.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo

i had to stop right there for one reason, not that i don't think it's a awesome idea, but when you want to separate from the Union/Canada, you become SOLELY your own country..

should that happen, you'll be set up to be invaded, and without any military backing you up, it'll be a walk in the park for ANY country to take you over, without ever a shot being fired; it's like Texas becoming it's own country, and ALL that tax $$$ are now NOT a part of the Union .. the s*** storm will commence at once!!!!

But why would they invade us? What's the motivation?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

That's like saying anyone at any time can invade Spain, because Spain is an independent country with a small military. See the stupidity in such a statement? Not to mention there are enough personally owned weapons in the NW than all of Europes private citizens combined.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by Komodo

That's like saying anyone at any time can invade Spain, because Spain is an independent country with a small military. See the stupidity in such a statement? Not to mention there are enough personally owned weapons in the NW than all of Europes private citizens combined.

Plus billions of people would be outraged at an assault on a peaceful people. Being peaceful is more of a protection in many ways than being belligerent.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
as soon as you get the bill for repairing and plowing the federal roads, you'll be back

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I think Florida and Texas should form a federation and secede together. However, if Texas secedes and Florida stays, I might have to move.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
as soon as you get the bill for repairing and plowing the federal roads, you'll be back

We will organize that from the bottom up.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Take California with you, please.....

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner

Take California with you, please.....

We only want the very top of California. The rest imo should join Baja and form a California Republic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join