It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Turin Shroud - The Give-Away proof for Ancient Aliens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Various religions from ancient times all schedule instances where either dead people have been raised formt he dead, or the living have mysteriously disappeared and then reappeared, always with the same accompanying effects, a clap of thunder, a blinding flash of light etc.

Some researchers such as Simcha Jocobovici have argued that Jesus is just a copy of one pre-existing story or another, but none seem prepared to consider the obvious: that a machine exists capable of resurrecting the dead.

As recent documents note that from 1257AD onwards, every new inducted member of the Knights Templar had to kiss the Shroud, it is not surprising that the DNA material used from the Shroud to date it give a misleading date of 1260AD and the radio carbon dating is therefore useless and the Shroud should be taken seriously.

There are key facts that should be considered in the Biblical text of the resurrection of Jesus and associated with the Shroud of Turin:-

- The resurrection was accompanied by an angel.
- The image on the shroud is very, very shallow, being only a few millionths of a millimetre in depth. Simpy drawing a standard razor over it would remove it.
- The image caused by the very ends of the fibres being incinerated instantly, yet the cloth did not catch fire. It has been estimated that it would have taken a blast of light, raising the tips to over a million degrees for less than a millionth of a secodn to have done this.
- If the light causing the image had been by ordinary means or by lasers, it would have left just a blurry smudge. The only way for this to have been focused onto the cloth would have been by "slicing light", in other words, the body of Jesus was scanned as if in a photocopier.
- Closed coputerised analysis has indicated, incredibly, that the image on the shroud is PIXELATED, all be it very, very finely.
- The Jewish tradition meant that the shroud was wrapped around the body and strips were torn off to tied it into place. Those two strips were later re-attached to the edge of the shroud. As a result, had Jesus simpl come back to life, he would, in effect, have been trapped, roped in a body bag, unable to escape, so the resurrection must have been associated with physical movement form one place to another.
- The second person to enter the cave immediately concluded not that his body had been stolen but that he had risen. Why? This would fit with the concept that the shroud was still roped tightly closed, but his body was gone.
- When seen in the garden later, he was mistaken for the gardener. If he had moved during resurrection, then he would have been reborn naked and needed the nearest clothes available. It would make sense for him to have then either scrounged, borrowed, stolen or been lent clothes by the nearest person, almost certainly the gardener.

So, how would a resurrection be done?
Consider a machine that could scan the body of human into a system, turning the body from matter to energy in the form of light as it does so. The energy would be immense, but that given off by the matter to energy transfer would easily be enough on a bootstrap system. Once in the machine's memory, the fatal damage to the body is corrected and then the body is "downloaded" back into reality as a living person, using the stroed power from the disintegration to be able to power the recreation.

There are numerous other examples of this happening in the ancient world... but none other has a surviving photograph of the event!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
There was also a fire where the shroud was damaged but recovered before it was destroyed. And when a fire burns it deposits carbon everywhere and would have also been on the shroud. That was my theory why the carbon dating was off so far because new carbon had been deposited by the fire the shroud was in. I never heard of that theory being proposed.

Shroud of Turin Fire

Unless the carbon dating was done before the fire. Other sources may be possible, or the intense enrgy flash changed the carbon atoms on the shroud. I guess that is possible
edit on 23/1/12 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I'm about as Christian as they come, so... I half expected to come into your thread and feel the need to argue. As it happens... I don't. Not at all.

While I might disagree with the interpretation of the evidence (in terms of ancient aliens), I think the theory behind it is certainly sound, and very, very interesting.

I suppose the question, from a Christian standpoint, is whether the source of the light was mechanical or spiritual in origin. You could certainly make an argument regarding the Shekinah glory (the light that led the children of Israel out of Egypt / hovered over the Tabernacle / led the magi to the young Jesus (the "Star")) being involved - Scripture also states that Christ was raised by the Holy Spirit (Romans 8:11), which would fit with this.

Interesting stuff, S&F.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
maybe some form of old electric shock paddle things. They may have turned it up a bit and fried him right out of the cave into the garden.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Well, there were charred areas when the carbon dating was done.

Shroud Carbon Dating

The shroud was separated from the backing cloth along its bottom left-hand edge and a strip (~10 mm x 70 mm) was cut from just above the place where a sample was previously removed in 1973 for examination. The strip came from a single site on the main body of the shroud away from any patches or charred areas.

Because the shroud had been exposed to a wide range of potential sources of contamination and because of the uniqueness of the samples available, it was decided to abandon blind-test procedures in the interests of effective sample pretreatment.

Here is a good site for Facts vs Fiction of the Shroud of Turin. There was an earlier fire in 1532.
The Shroud of Turin: Facts and Fiction

The failure to obtain a reliable date for the Shroud of Turin is not about flaws in carbon 14 dating methods or contamination. It is not about the problems, so often discussed in the media, of mysterious biological polymers growing on the cloth's fibers or new carbon introduced into the Shroud's cloth by a scorching fire in 1532.

edit on 23/1/12 by spirit_horse because: add info

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
hmmm... quite interesting... one of the better theories that have heard on the matter.

not a believer in primitive , barbaric religions like christianity.. theres always more logical and realistic / provable explanations than what christians would have everyone believe.. we'd be stuck in the dark ages yet if christians had their way..

well done ... S+F

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ballisticmousse

Somehow I can't see millions of these portable machines needing to be used on the day of resurrection....

God spoke the world into existence.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Ok so they put Jesus in a tomb and instead of sneaking the machine in there after. Lets say it was already in the tomb out of sight. Someone wheels the machine out then grabs the plug and ........
edit on 23-1-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Ok so they put Jesus in a tomb and instead of sneaking the machine in there after. Lets say it was already in the tomb out of sight. Someone wheels the machine out then grabs the plug and ........

Maybe it's more like a Transformer?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Just in case anyone missed it, you might find this news story that was around last month interesting:

The scientists set out to "identify the physical and chemical processes capable of generating a colour similar to that of the image on the Shroud." They concluded that the exact shade, texture and depth of the imprints on the cloth could only be produced with the aid of ultraviolet lasers – technology that was clearly not available in medieval times.
The scientists used extremely brief pulses of ultraviolet light to replicate the kind of marks found on the burial cloth.
They concluded that the iconic image of the bearded man must therefore have been created by "some form of electromagnetic energy (such as a flash of light at short wavelength)." Although they stopped short of offering a non-scientific explanation for the phenomenon, their findings will be embraced by those who believe that the marks on the shroud were miraculously created at the moment of Christ's Resurrection.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Jesus said he will come like lightning, he is light, God created light and Angels are of light, some Angels are so bright other Angels can't see them either.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by spirit_horse

I've read quite a bit on the shroud. They werent allowed to take a piece in the shroud and took from an area that was patched, literally patched, so it was newer. That was in one of the documentaries on it or something that was very well researched quite a few years back.
edit on 23-1-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I always wondered if someone had made a rendering of what Jesus or the person on the Shroud of Turin would look like so I looked it up and they have!

I found this in a search:

Found at this link.
edit on 1/23/2012 by gemineye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye

I always wondered if someone had made a rendering of what Jesus or the person on the Shroud of Turin would look like so I looked it up and they have!

I found this in a search:

Found at this link.
edit on 1/23/2012 by gemineye because: (no reason given)

Actually, there was stretching of the cloth that is normally not taken into account. Using computer projections, the reconstructed face does look a bit different and is, somewhat uncomplementary regarding HIS nose for instance. Shall we just say, there would have been no dispuing that He wa of Jewish extraction!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
If Jesus was "scanned" the temperature is instantly converted to energy, a temperature of over a million degrees for a millionth of a second would be perfectly consistent and the resulting violent heating of the surrounding air would produce a spectaculr flash and deafening clap of thunder.

This very, very closely resembles the description of RAPTURE and there is no reason not ot concluded that the same "technology" would be used her with an almost instantaneous parse of the world.

If this is the case, then THIS IS GENUINELY WHAT THE RAPTURE WOULD LOOK LIKE.....

www.godvine.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24
I'm about as Christian as they come, so... I half expected to come into your thread and feel the need to argue. As it happens... I don't. Not at all.

While I might disagree with the interpretation of the evidence (in terms of ancient aliens), I think the theory behind it is certainly sound, and very, very interesting.

I suppose the question, from a Christian standpoint, is whether the source of the light was mechanical or spiritual in origin. You could certainly make an argument regarding the Shekinah glory (the light that led the children of Israel out of Egypt / hovered over the Tabernacle / led the magi to the young Jesus (the "Star")) being involved - Scripture also states that Christ was raised by the Holy Spirit (Romans 8:11), which would fit with this.

Interesting stuff, S&F.

So you're about as Christian as they come?

Right, so that's why you entertain the theory that God Almighty "is/could" be etc...etc...
of an Alien Origin...Mechanical or Spiritual? I hope it's not contagious.

edit on 23-1-2012 by alilonthecheekyside because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Yes, the History channel did an entire show on re-creatting the face using new computer technology.
www.history.com...

This was one of the results:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by alilonthecheekyside

Originally posted by Awen24

Interesting stuff, S&F.

So you're about as Christian as they come?

Right, so that's why you entertain the theory that God Almighty "is/could" be etc...etc...
of an Alien Origin...Mechanical or Spiritual? I hope it's not contagious.:

1. There is nothing in scripture that says that God is not an Alien. Indeed, under the term "alien" not only God but even Mexicans are technically Alien. Furthermore, scripture technically does actually suggest that He is so. The central point for me that a lot of people need to get their head around is that if God were an alien life form, would He be worthy of the same level of priase and respect? Or rather is there any reason to lessen it? As His actions are unchanged and His devotion is even more clearly total, it would seem that here should, technically, be no actual reason to diminish our view of Him.

2. When I say that I am going to make toast, my hand does not heat up, I use a toaster. The same concept is true here. Just because the Holy Spirit might have caused the resurrection of Jesus, it does not exclude the use of instruments or equipment. Consider, when the ANgel of the Lord struck down the Egyptians he did not convert Himself into being a locust, He USED locusts, so why should the use of tool here not be viable with Scripture?

edit on 24-1-2012 by ballisticmousse because: More mistyping on close of quote

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

1. There is nothing in scripture that says that God is not an Alien. Indeed, under the term "alien" not only God but even Mexicans are technically Alien. Furthermore, scripture technically does actually suggest that He is so. The central point for me that a lot of people need to get their head around is that if God were an alien life form, would He be worthy of the same level of priase and respect? Or rather is there any reason to lessen it? As His actions are unchanged and His devotion is even more clearly total, it would seem that here should, technically, be no actual reason to diminish our view of Him.

~~~The "obvious" reply to your opening statement of course, would be for me to tell you, that there is NOTHING in scripture that says God IS an alien, nor is there anything in scripture that would "Imply" that He is either!.

~~I would not have commented, had you not said, you are a Christian. It is not my wish to be disrectful in the least but feel compelled to tell you that those believers who indulge in too much Conspiracy Theory, do so willingly thereby putting their "precious faith" at risk.

~~I cannot tell you how Important it is for US...to keep the "things" OF this world in perspective. I am so very aware of a Disturbing Trend that has been growing, for only GOD Himself knows how long. One needs only watch the television program called ~Ancient Aliens~ to see that there is a hidden agenda at work there. And please do not insult me by saying it's just a t.v. show, that it's just entertainment. Programs like that "appear" to raise alot of questions, when in fact!! it is the clear attempt to plant "a seed" in the viewers mind!.

That God is not God, that "the aliens" are responsible for all of God's great works !!!

~~~~~How is that in any way complimentary to He that created ALL things?~~~~~

It is interesting that you should say "would He be worthy of the same level of priase and respect?". Good question because in order for me to answer this one, I think we should first take a look at man's present and past understanding of Aliens. Aliens "aside' from their "seemingly" advanced technology are small creatures "in appearance" with big brains, telepathic, pasty skinned, large eyes, small mouthed etcetera, etcetera.
Scripture tells us that WE were created in Gods' image!

When does man's "interpretations of God" in the form of Media/Entertainment/Art/Literature cross over into reality. When he starts to take it as Truth. By the time a person realizes all of his questions and attempts to place God into a "little convenient box" of understanding, he begins to imagine that he somehow has power over it because of this knowledge. Only to find that he was duped and used for a purpose that he was initially cautioned against, in the first place. Are humans really that arrogant? Yes, history is full of people that were overwhelmed by their search for knowledge. Look at King Solomon, he had wisdom and knowledge and yet he STILL managed to make mistakes.

You might find this Link to be quite informative...2 Thessalonians 2
Peace and Love -

edit on 26-1-2012 by alilonthecheekyside because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-1-2012 by alilonthecheekyside because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

So you're suggesting, that Jesus was essentially BEAMED out of the tomb?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b3b3705652fd.jpg[/atsimg]

By the way the Shroud of Turin is one of MANY claimed relics associated with Jesus. Others include the Holy Grail, the Cross, the Spear of Destiny and even the Holy Sponge (that Jesus drank from on the cross). Such relics are common in many forms of superstition and debates about the authenticity or forgery of the Shroud date back centuries.

The Shroud isn't even qualified to be proof of Jesus, let alone evidence of ancient aliens.

top topics

join