It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Autistic Girl Expresses Unimaginable Intelligence

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Having watched this (through watery eyes) I think its time ALL autistic children should be placed near a computer that teaches how to spell while they watch...then we hope they have enough control to type back.

I'm not sure it would work for all i think some kids have better observational abilities then others but i sure would give a try i think it would take a long time but in the end be worth every min that a parent put into this..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by godfather420
This is another great story.

I think the way brain development works is if you're underdeveloped in one part, you are over developed in another.

I am no expert but I know a few things about "Rainman" and other autistic geniuses.

I'm not sure all autistic people are alike..And im not a doctor but what your saying maybe right i just don't know..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Thanks for posting this video. It was one of the most interesting, heartfelt and inspiring videos I've seen in a while. To think these kids have no way in communicating what they're feeling physically and mentally is really sad. To think this young girl can now help parents of autistic kids understand their mannerisms, physical and mental pain their experiencing. She could also help doctors and researchers in the future eliminate the pain and possibly help manage their mental disabilities. Star and Flag

WeRpeons, Im glad you took an interest in the video im hopeing this opens allot of doors for people with autistic children it sure opened my eyes ..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by pretty_vacant

I agree we know very little about ourselves and the world that we inhabit ..I cant imagine haveing all that surplus of information and not be able to get people to understand whats going on in there world it would be very frustrating..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

No, with many of your post I would judge you quite smart.

And I apologize if I didn't come across correctly. I just meant that sometimes people (a lot not all and not you), mainly scientists and professionals like to slap nice tidy labels on people.

Everyone is a unique individual and we all have our strong and weak points.

I found a bunch of really good You Tube films on Autism below, there are several more at this site that address Autism.

His You Tube Site is called ultrawellness.

And yes, he's probably selling stuff but his talking about Mercury makes sense.

My husband grew up in between a coal yard and a train yard.

I grew up in a inner city and loved to rub the walls because they felt like sandpaper.........probably had lead base paint.

Back when my three sons were born, if you had a Autistic child they told you it was due to bad mothering.

I held, talked, sang and loved my three sons like crazy. They never knew what white bread was (we made whole wheat bread on either Tuesdays or Thursdays, can't remember now so long ago, they would help).

Again, sorry if I came across rude, didn't mean too.
edit on 23-1-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

ofhumandescent,Thank you for clearing that up i was crushed and im sorry i took it all wrong..I agree that mainly scientists and professionals like to slap nice tidy labels on people they did it with me and im not autistic my problems are genetic ..
I also read that mercury can cause immune, sensory, neurological, motor, and behavioral dysfunctions similar to traits defining or associated with autism and lead base paint can cause the same thing..Im sure you are a wonderful mother and it sounds like you take alot of time and love with your children..On the bad mothering comment they told my parents that.. I had failure to thrive and it was there fault till they found out that wasnt the case but can you imagine being told that sometimes DR's are so wrong..
Thank you for the utube video i will be sure to watch it tonight..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ahmonrarh

I think autistic children are lacking 'breakers' in the brain the lack of breakers is the first major component in the formula of sensory overload...They are not able to shut out any stimulus i would think they lose all reality around them as the brain overloads..This is a good video i think on what they must feel..peace,sugarcookie

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Nothing short of amazing. S&F for sharing. I am going to add her to my twitter feed.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Thanks for posting this! There are many people who forget that folks with autism can see and hear everything around them. They are trapped in their bodies, but they are thinking and they are learning and they are there.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

I wonder if autistic kids are actually geniuses whose higher brain functions are so advanced that it screws around with the primitive neuron connections...similar to a Model T with a fusion-powered jet engine under the hood.

Advanced technology powering primitive structures naturally result in meltdowns and malfunctions. Perhaps this is what autism is about?

I have thought the same thing, because it makes a lot of sense.

The only other explanation is that there have always been people with "autism" by genetic mutation, but we are only seeing them in great numbers now because we've found ways to beat natural selection. These children actually live, are taken care of, and grow up these days - as opposed to being labeled as "possessed", abandoned in the wild, etc.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz

Nothing short of amazing. S&F for sharing. I am going to add her to my twitter feed.

Thank you for posting
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ottobot

Thanks for posting this! There are many people who forget that folks with autism can see and hear everything around them. They are trapped in their bodies, but they are thinking and they are learning and they are there.

ottobot,Thank you so much for posting..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I was going to post a thread on this but used the search function first and found this thread. I just now watched her videos and read about her tonight, and was very moved. It turns out, a few months ago, her father, or someone, took her to get ETC (electro shock therapy) and she has lost the ability to communicate. I found her old video's on youtube, then tried to find recent info on her and found this out. What a roller coaster of emotion (my selfish feelings on the matter). It literally brought me to tears (not an easy feat). Tears of joy, but then to find out what just happened made me very angry.

franklludwig.com...

Her facebook page is here:

www.facebook.com...

You can see the obvious the fear and horror in her translated posts.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: JeanPaul

Thank you for the update, that makes me so said. Why wasn't that barbaric practice banned years ago?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
a reply to: JeanPaul

Thank you for the update, that makes me so said. Why wasn't that barbaric practice banned years ago?

I think it was, they went to Europe to have it done. They may still use it for severe forms of depression and OCD. I guess she was also diagnosed with OCD and she wanted to make it stop by any means necessary. Her dad seems kinda shifty but I don;t know if it was his decision or not. I don't know how much actual autonomy she has (I haven't had time to read her books).

I have two friends with autistic kids. One on the lower end and the other non verbal. All this changes the way I see them. Makes me question even other disease's such as Alzheimer's. If a part of the person remains in there even in the advanced stage. It seems like we'd have most of the human mind figured out by now but we're not as smart as we let on, scientifically. I suppose that takes funding and the opportunity for massive profits. Most scientific research that is.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join