It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog attacks young six year old girl and tore off her ear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
In an unprovoked attack yesterday, in a park in London, a dog attacked a six year old girl and ripped off her ear.
The owner of the dog had the cheek to tell the father to keep his children under control before fleeing away with his dog!
Thankfully he is now in custody and the dog has been seized.

Terence Lundy, 70, said he was climbing Pole Hill, a local beauty spot, when he saw the family running down shouting "get that dog away from my daughter". He said: "The dad said he punched the dog in the head and kept punching it until it let go, and the owner had said 'Can't you keep your kids under control?' "The little girl was saying 'Mummy, help me'. She was just in shock. The mum didn't have the proper bandages to put round her head so I gave her some clean handkerchiefs I had. The husband was panicking. "Her ear was bleeding and she had a bad cut to her eyebrow as well."

Dog attack

I have a seven year old border collie and would never let it off it's lead when people are around as it has strong herding instincts and would tend to nip at people he didn't know.
People love to come up to him and either ask or try to clap him, but I have to tell them no way as he would bite even though he doesn't mean it and there is no malice involved as its bred into him being that type of breed.
As it is, on a lead he is very good when I pass people as I have him trained but it would only take the one bite.

edit on 22-1-2012 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

Really? Your Border Collie is a threat to stranger? My aunt breeds them and they are such sweet hearts, never had them bite or even act aggressive with a stranger.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Unprovoked. I find that hard to believe. Kid did something to it.

My niece will never leave my dog alone, and I'm like, "if he bites you, he bites you. When I say leave him alone, I mean leave him alone". Even my sister won't leave him alone. And they wonder why he growls at them. Oh, I don't know.

I put him in his room before I leave for school and work, I come home, she has let him out, she has tortured him, she has chased him through the house, some days, she might kick him, some days she tries to befriend him by giving him food, But, he wants nothing to do with her. She's too mean. And, her mother is just a pain who won't leave him alone.

I can't blame him for growling at them. He's an anti-social dog who got that from me. He takes after his mother.

edit on 22-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden

Really? Your Border Collie is a threat to stranger? My aunt breeds them and they are such sweet hearts, never had them bite or even act aggressive with a stranger.

Not a threat as such, but if you check you will see a lot of owners who have them have the same problem. Maybe because your aunt breeds them they are not like that because there are so many around all the time.

Border Collies are very energetic and active dogs that can easily become bored and destructive if not givin the exercise and stimulation they need. You should give your Border Collie a chance to exercise at least 2 hours a day. This means long walks/jogging, going to the park, playing fetch, etc. Ideally your Border Collie should also have another outlet for its energy, be it herding, agility, etc. It is also important that your Border Collie gets a lot of mental stimulation. A few 10 minute training sessions a day will help to prevent destructive behavioral issues. Nipping This is not bad behavior. Undesirable, yes, but perfectly natural for a BC. It does not necessarily imply that the dog is dangerous or suffering from behavioral problems. The dog is merely doing what it has been bred to do in a situation where its instincts are out of place. If the dog is not getting its way with the animals (or humans) it is attempting to control it will re-enforce its will by diving in and nipping at the heels of stock. In working sheepdogs this behavior is controlled but is not discouraged as it is sometimes necessary to encourage stubborn stock to move in the direction required. In the formal discipline of sheepdog trials it is frowned upon - dogs are supposed to be able to move the sheep by 'eye' alone - but even the best may grip when frustrated. A willful Border Collie may nip out at arms, ankles or the back of the legs. This may also occur when a normally sound dog becomes over stimulated and excited. Training may help control this but success will depend on the strength of the dogs instinct. In most cases nipping will remain an unpredictable part of the dogs behavior all its life.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Wow! Poor little girl.
I hope she's okay. She probably wont see dogs the same way again.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
That is so horrible! I really cannot see this be unprovoked though.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmperorXyn
That is so horrible! I really cannot see this be unprovoked though.

This type of dog that attacked the girl is not on the list of dangerous dogs here in the UK but a lot of people say it should be as it is known to attack without provocation.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Dogs are animals, not people, and they should be treated as such. So if you bring your animal around humans and it bites then the owner should be charged for assault. If that were the norm I bet you my bottom dollar that these incidents would almost stop.

What provocation would be acceptalbe for me to bite a little girl's ear off?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

A 56-year-old man will appear in court charged over an incident in which a six-year-old girl had part of her ear bitten off by a dog. The man, who police have not named, was charged with allowing a dog to be dangerously out of control in a public place and causing injury under the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991, the Metropolitan Police said. He will appear in custody at Thames Magistrates' Court. The child also suffered injuries to her neck and shoulder when she was mauled by the animal in a park in Chingford, Essex, on Saturday.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Bless ya for being the Alpha of the pack. I love Border Collies and have no problems with them. But I have always been the Alpha.

I will always wear the scars of a German Sheppard. Don’t why he attacked me, but he did. I survived as did he.

There are no bad dogs ….only bad masters comes to mind here.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I swear my dog can read my mind! Also, every morning without fail, as soon as I am awake even if he cannot see me, he will come up to me and nudge me then lick my face so that I will put him outside. He never wakes me up, only waits until I am awake, weird or what? He could be downstairs and still know.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by scotsdavy1
I swear my dog can read my mind! Also, every morning without fail, as soon as I am awake even if he cannot see me, he will come up to me and nudge me then lick my face so that I will put him outside. He never wakes me up, only waits until I am awake, weird or what? He could be downstairs and still know.

No mine's like that, wakes when I wake, sleeps when I sleep, and anytime my niece opens the door, he stops her dead in her tracks and she closes the door.
He follows me everywhere and when I'm on the computer he hides under my feet to prevent Mom and daughter from antagonizing him.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
This is not GORE! Oo Oh wrong website..

This is not Conspiracy!!!

or wheres the 7 twats being up the asian guy with dox thread.

:^/

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I liked the one about the niece lol

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by scotsdavy1
reply to post by Manhater

I liked the one about the niece lol

I have to say though, when he gets pissed off at my niece, with her B/S sometimes, the only person my niece listens to, is him. He'll act like he's going after her, with growling, barking and going towards her quick,, and she will jump and stop her tantrum, right then and right there and run to the other side of the room or jump on the couch. Then she starts up again.
But, I think it's comical. She'll yell at him, "Don't bark at me"...
He knows how to control her for a couple of seconds.

edit on 23-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
To many idiots have dogs they can not controll,if you cant controll your dog verbally then dont let it off the lead,simple.
I have a Staffordshire bull terrior,a breed that some think are dangerous.But i have trained him to respond to verbal comands and hand signals and he has been brought up in a family home and puts up with the kids bothering him.
The only time i have seen him act aggressively is when a drunken man started shouting at the kids in the local park and all he did was stand in front of the kids and snarl at the geeza protecting them while i ejected the offending drunk from the park.

You can make a dog nasty or you can make it nice so in my opinion the owner is allways to blame.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
It was a Staffy Bull.
Once upon a time when breeders were responsible any nasty part was purposely bred out. These dogs have the most wonderful temperament when bred and raised properly.
Now what happened was, in recent years they suddenly became one of the most thieved dogs in Britain..How come? Because they had such a soft temperament scumbags could easily walk off with them.
These scumbags then went on to breed them with no thought other than knock them out for the £300 + they were worth. Quickly they became a dog every toss pot wanted to look hard...Already the new generations of these dogs ruined by careless breeding, numpties went out of their way to mistreat so that these dogs become vicious.

These days you really don't know what you are getting. The guy with the dog most likely is just another tiny dicked hardman who raised his dog on the scent of blood to make up for his tiny todger.
edit on 23-1-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

Right on geeza.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Unprovoked or not, this is a sad incident.

I have a Great Dane, and it is such a sweet and gentle dog. Sometimes however, when i am walking with him, on leash, people come up, and wants to tease him, and then he reacts with a deep growl, and sometimes he snaps at them.

If you approach him though, and just pat his head, he is as docile as a little lamb. Dogs don't just attack or snap for no reason.

I really do not want my Dane to ever bite someone, because it will not be pretty.

The worst is once i was out walking with him, and this woman comes up with a little poodle, so she picks him up, and push the little poodle right in my dogs face. It was almost a very serious incident.

I told her, she couldn't just do that!! And she tells me you better learn to control your dog, and blamed me for the whole thing.
wtf

vvv

top topics

join