It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new find, is hollow Earth real?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I'd like to show you a thread I created here once.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Enjoy !

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Speaking of threads here is a really awesome one from ATS owner Simon in 2002

Eye witness testimony from someone who went... posted on ATS

Traveler to the Interior of the Hollow Earth
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

Well, that was an interesting post to say the least. You captivated me there for a moment. I love that story, and who knows if the Antarctic is actually honeycombed with tunnels or not. It'd be a cool expedition to find out and is something I'd love to participate in, if I had the cash to fund something of that magnitude. I guess It'd be easy to find out these days with various types of ground penetrating radar. But to give any thought to a theory of the Earth as a whole being hollow is absolutely ridiculous. The Earth requires density to function as it does. I don't know if there are any planets out there that are hollow or not, but I know this one isn't. With that said though, anyone up for an Antarctic expedition? lol

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Thanks for the links guys, top class

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TranscendentSnake

Yeah, I don't think there are people living on the inside of the Earths crust

But I do believe there are large expances of cavern systems that could run on
for miles underground, like this one

An enormous shaft of sunlight plunges into the cave like a waterfall. The hole in the ceiling through which the light cascades is unbelievably large, at least 300 feet across. The light, penetrating deep into the cave, reveals for the first time the mind-blowing proportions of Hang Son Doong. The passage is perhaps 300 feet wide, the ceiling nearly 800 feet tall: room enough for an entire New York City block of 40-story buildings. There are actually wispy clouds up near the ceiling.

nationalgeographic.com

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeLeu
But I do believe there are large expances of cavern systems that could run on
for miles underground, like this one

A Journey to the Centre of the Earth
Jules Verne (Author), Robert Baldick (Translator)

Jules Verne - Journey to the Centre of the Earth - PDF
Translated with an Introduction and Notes by William Butcher

A Journey to the Interior of the Earth by Jules Verne - PDF
is a publication of the Pennsylvania State

The following image in Jules Verne's book showing a cavern with giant crystals..

Je m’imaginais voyager à travers un diamant.
(I imagined myself traveling through a diamond.)

The Giant Crystals found in a deep cave that was discovered in a mine in Mexico...

April 9, 2007—Geologist Juan Manuel García-Ruiz calls it "the Sistine Chapel of crystals," but Superman could call it home.

A sort of south-of-the-border Fortress of Solitude, Mexico's Cueva de los Cristales (Cave of Crystals) contains some of the world's largest known natural crystals—translucent beams of gypsum as long as 36 feet (11 meters).

How did the crystals reach such superheroic proportions?

In the new issue of the journal Geology, García-Ruiz reports that for millennia the crystals thrived in the cave's extremely rare and stable natural environment. Temperatures hovered consistently around a steamy 136 degrees Fahrenheit (58 degrees Celsius), and the cave was filled with mineral-rich water that drove the crystals' growth.

Modern-day mining operations exposed the natural wonder by pumping water out of the 30-by-90-foot (10-by-30-meter) cave, which was found in 2000 near the town of Delicias (Chihuahua state map). Now García-Ruiz is advising the mining company to preserve the caves.

"There is no other place on the planet," García-Ruiz said, "where the mineral world reveals itself in such beauty."

Giant Crystal Cave Comes to Light - National Geographic

Cavern of Crystal Giants

edit on 24-1-2012 by zorgon because: Gremlins did it :shk:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
lol, there was a great ATS article written up on those crystal caverns not too long ago here on ATS!

Hollow Earth: Evidence of FantasyLand (Must See !)

Those caverns are amazing!

Hey Zorg - thanks for posting the High Jump movie...

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

As to that expedition to check out the cave, you volunteering? I have a few others ready to go

I'm totally volunteering!!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Nice thread LeLeu

The black and white photos in your opening post dont look like lakes to me.
They look like a big hole in the ground and the resolution and detail on the black and whites are
much clearer than those on Google Earth at those co-ordinates. I think all of the photos in your
opening post are entrances and are possibly all connected as cave systems can be.
When you look at the first two colour pics you can see that they are quite smooth one even has
a trail leading from it. Some people think it is a road but infact it could be an old lava flow that has
cooled. Sorry I dont have time to dig around for it but I would look for that to prove your theory
about them being lava tubes. Good Luck

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
The hollow earth cult was disbanded in the 70's I heard from a TV show, I believe it was 'In Search Of' hosted by Leonard Nimoy, apparently de-evolution is in full effect because the extinct followers of this theory seem to be re-appearing. I'm just not a fan of the theory, the crust is clearly hollow in some places, but some over the top journey to the center of the earth type stories are not enough to convince the logical thinkers.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
oh to hell with it, this is more fun than work anyway

This is the lunar skylight at Marius Hills on the moon
As LeLeu mentioned earlier it is considered as being an entrance way to a lava tube.

This is a good website for Lunar Skylights

Here is another pic of a skylight here on Earth. Look at how lava has spilt over the edge
and has left behind a lava trail.

This looks like it is the same but on a larger scale, I circled the area in yellow.
I dont think they are snow dunes as the area directly to the left is flat and to the right are hills.
The black and white photos in the op look more like a skylight to me, not a lake.
I think there is a lava trail under this ice and snow.

Here is another pic of the colour photos in the op and it shows the trail that
I was talking about in my post earlier. This trail looks different due to the slope of decline,
the steepness would have made the lava run faster leaving a smoother trail behind.

I think the theory that these are lava tubes fits well. Even more so if this can be confirmed
as being a volcanic region. I'm not saying there are not any lakes in this region, but I am
saying that the pics presented in the op are all holes in the ground. Does anyone have
any evidence that the area in the black and whites is infact a lake? I have not seen any
brought forward and as I said before the Google Earth image of this region is really quite poor.

P.S. That 3D lava tube

edit on 24-1-2012 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

Calculations done some time in the 19th century apparently have proved that not only is the Earth not hollow, but that it is even more dense at the center than anywhere farther out. The way in which they devised their experiment was very ingenious and can be read about in an out of print book called Popular Books on Natural Science. For Practical Use in Every Household, For Readers of All Classes. by A. Bernstein. I think it was published in 1869. The book can be had for free for Kindle.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden
It looks like one of the bottomless pits in skyrim.

Could the legends be true??

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeLeu
The thoughts of a secret Nazi base have always fired up my imagination.

(deleted text)

So lava tubes sound like a good idea if your thinking about building yourself a secret Nazi base
or a Lunar one for that matter. If your too lazy to do so like me, then you can pretend!

I'm so glad you elaborated on you lava tube theory, I can totally see your point. It's a very plausible theory but imagine if the truth is that there really is a hollow Earth!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Thanks for the info Weirdguy

In my post about the lava tubes, I mentioned Nazi work camps and
slave labor at the start. I added the 3D pic at the end to restore some balance.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

The first of the colour photos I posted can be found that these coordinates
66°33’13.75″S, 99°50’24.84″E if you copy and paste into the google earth database
you can clearly see the trail Weirdguy is talking about. The second colour photo
can be found very close to the first and I think they are connected.
The black and white photo is at this location 66° 25' 15.6" S 98° 01' 58.8" E
wich is further away from the first two and as Weirdguy says the google earth
images are'nt very good. You'll hae to zoom out a bit and it's to the right.
The highest resolution picture of this location is the black and white
and it does look like a skylight I must say. There are other dark patches but they look
more like rocky outcrops.
edit on 24-1-2012 by LeLeu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
The hollow earth cult was disbanded in the 70's I heard from a TV show, I believe it was 'In Search Of' hosted by Leonard Nimoy, apparently de-evolution is in full effect because the extinct followers of this theory seem to be re-appearing. I'm just not a fan of the theory, the crust is clearly hollow in some places, but some over the top journey to the center of the earth type stories are not enough to convince the logical thinkers.

The fundamental idea behind plate tectonics (continental drift) was also "debunked" before people "de-evolved" and decided it deserved another chance.

scign.jpl.nasa.gov...

Plate tectonic theory had its beginnings in 1915 when Alfred Wegener proposed his theory of "continental drift." ...

Wegener's ideas were very controversial because he didn't have an explanation for why the continents moved, just that there was observational evidence that they had...

As years passed, more and more evidence was uncovered to support the idea that the plates move constantly over geologic time...

Following World War II, even more evidence was uncovered which supports the theory of plate tectonics...

Since its emergence in the 1960's, plate tectonic theory has gained wide-spread acceptance as the model of Earth processes.

The mainstream rejection of hollow earth theory in the 70's could be exactly like mainstream's rejection of continental drift in 1915. Plate tectonics didn't take hold for 45 years, and history tends to repeat itself, especially when people don't study history. It's been about 40 years since the '70s, so maybe it's time for a new theory that is based on contemporary data.

This is a page describing at least one problem with the current version of plate tectonic theory, which is the problem of how much force is required to form mountains. Plate tectonics assumes they are made from colliding plates, but the physics apparently don't add up.
www.newgeology.us...

Another thing I have noticed on my own is the inequality of subduction zones compared to divergent zones. If the plates are just floating around on a hard core, the Earth should stay the same size, meaning that the amount of material returning to the mantle should be roughly equal to the amount of material emerging from the mantle. Judging by this image, it seems there is much more new material coming out than there is old material being returned.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by LeLeu

These are not guarantees or even indicative of a hollow earth. All it says is that there are quite possibly a number of large subterranean caverns riddling the belly of Antarctica...which is a long way from being a great big space in the center of our planet.

Let's have an explorative team figure it out, instead of just jumping to conclusions.

You obviously don't agree with your signature then.... "never stop questioning" If people never jumped to conclusions, then there would never be any creativity to get things done would there? Have a look at ZORGON's signature, that really drives home exactly what I mean.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

Thanks for the co-ordinates, I will bookmark them on google earth.

I ffor some reason they suddenly get blacked out then I will know we are onto something.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
So.... just throwing it out there....

What if the holes are actually entrances to the center of the earth and cities can be built in the center because there is equal centrifugal force when the earth spins and in the center, everything is balanced so everything floats.
Gravity remains the same because of the atmosphere that we have here on earth such that it "contains" us and keeps us on the ground.

I remember reading something about an expedition to Romania where someone found an entrance to a cave that was really deep and the cave was protected by a magnetic force which could only be dispersed by Vibrational frequencies.

Also, we have the Treaty of Antartica which kinda makes everything more suspicious because the entrances to the hollow earth are either on the north pole or the south.

*The Antarctic Treaty and related agreements, collectively called the Antarctic Treaty System or ATS, regulate international relations with respect to Antarctica, Earth's only continent without a native human population. For the purposes of the treaty system, Antarctica is defined as all of the land and ice shelves south of 60°S latitude. The treaty, entering into force in 1961 and currently having 49 signatory nations, sets aside Antarctica as a scientific preserve, establishes freedom of scientific investigation and bans military activity on that continent. The treaty was the first arms control agreement established during the Cold War. The Antarctic Treaty Secretariat headquarters have been located in Buenos Aires, Argentina, since September 2004.*

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join