It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new find, is hollow Earth real?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeLeu
Can you post the link to your thread on here

I already did on page one

Originally posted by zorgon
For all those wanting to take a trip....

Maybe we can find out what Adniral Byrd did with his SNOW CRUISER

The immediate purpose of the Snow Cruiser, however, as part of the U. S. Antarctic Service under Admiral Byrd's command, is to speed up exploration work and scientific investigation as well as to claim the continent as a United States possession by maintaining colonies there for three years as required by international agreement. Assisted by a five-passenger airplane, it is believed that the Snow Cruiser will add as much to the knowledge of the South Polar regions in two or three months as all previous expeditions combined. This plane, along with others, is expected to map most of the South Polar Continent by means of aerial cameras. The Snow Cruiser, world's newest and largest automobile, has almost nothing in common with conventional cars except that it runs on four pneumatic tires, but even this comparison is not exact because the tires are so large and soft that a spring suspension is unnecessary. Unlike an ordinary car, it has two engines instead of one, four-wheel drive, four-wheel steering by two levers instead of a steering wheel, two accelerator pedals, two brake pedals, a builtin hydraulic jack on each wheel, enough Diesel fuel for a 5000-mile run (2500 gallons), 1000 gallons of airplane gasoline, bunks for four men and food for a year.

Caption
WHEELS are driven individually by 75 hp electric motors in their hubs. Dr. Thomas C. Poulter, designer of the Snow Cruiser, is shown directly behind the motor.

Caption
ADMIRAL BYRD is shown in the driver's seat grasping the two steering levers. Right lever is for front wheels and left for rear. The four conical buttons directly in front of him are lined up at the center, indicating that all four wheels are pointed straight ahead. The 10 valves at the right and another 10 at the left are for raising and lowering the wheels. Lever to left of cushion operates a controller switch for rear wheel motors. There is a similar lever at right for front motors.

Caption
KINGPIN, about 10 inches in diameter, is shown just to right of front wheel. Note that both wheels are pointed to right to guide vehicle into the parking area.

HELPS ITSELF OUT ... Snow Cruiser came to rest in bed of stream near Lima, Ohio, as shown at left. Hydraulic jacks built into kingpin assemblies lifted body (right) permitting it to be to allow vehicle to be blocked up with timbers. Then wheels were lifted by jacks and timbers placed under wheels. By this method a plank road was constructed to allow vehicle to be backed onto highway.

Caption
TYPICAL CROWD at a country filling station near Pavilion, N. Y., where the Cruiser was stopped for repairs on the right front brake.

The Snow Cruiser was built in three months by the Research Foundation of Armour Institute of Technology which owns the ship. Its construction, costing $150,000, was financed by friends of the Institute and 80 manufacturers. Principal units in its makeup include a special alloy steel body built by the Pullman company, two six-cylinder 672 cubic inch, 150 hp Cummings Diesel engines, General Electric generators and. motors, and controls for steering, braking and jacking, by Hydraulic Controls Inc. The airplane is a specially designed Beechcraft with a 350 hp Wright Whirlwind engine.

This was reprinted from an old magazine article
MoToR Magazine - December, 1939
First Hand Impressions of How World's Largest Automobile Is Operated
By HAROLD F. BLANCHARD
Technical Editor of MoToR

A full copy available HERE
I just wish I had the time or the staff to sort out the 80% of stuff I haven't processed yet

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
There is also this...

Huge 'Ocean' Discovered Inside Earth
www.livescience.com...

Huge Underground "Ocean" Found Beneath Asia
Richard A. Lovett
for National Geographic News
news.nationalgeographic.com...

A map depicts large areas of wet underground rock (shown in red) as detected by seismic waves. Scientists studying these waves discovered a giant "ocean" of water under east Asia that contains about as much water as the Arctic Ocean. Map courtesy Eric Chou/WUSTL

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

I stand corrected. Sorry I blew up.

But their does seem to be much more focus on the South Pole in this, although the original story did say there was an opening in the North and South Pole regions.

I know what I am doing when I get finished stacking firewood today; looking at all this stuff again.
edit on 23-1-2012 by Ittabena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Maybe we can find out what Adniral Byrd did with his SNOW CRUISER

It is probably rusting away on or under the ice. A shame too, should be in the Smithsonian.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I had that clip of the warm water lakes for years, but until recently the original full film from the NAVY that the clip was taken from was hard to find.

Here it is... Narrated by Robert Montgomery with an opening by James Forrestal himself

The Secret Land (Admiral Byrd and Operation Highjump)

The beginning of part 6... Admiral Byrd's plane is landing on one engine. The NAVY narrator says:

"Safe! Safe! Good going! The greatest exploration flight of all history has ended in success, the flight beyond the south pole, the flight beyond imagination."

And don't forget that James Vincent Forrestal (February 15, 1892 ? May 22, 1949) was killed over this 8) Or so the story goes
He is the one at the start of this film, making the report

[size=12pt]en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 23-1-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
I don't think the whole earth is hollow.

But I believe there are huge caves, hollow parts on earth where who knows what could live there. Just like how we find new species of fish in deep water every year. There must be something down inside earth that we don't know about right? Just think about how much space could be hidden down there.

Probably another doomsday seed vault or something.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Here is one of the open lakes on Google Earth

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeLeu

Originally posted by Shadowalker
You realize the Nazi SS built the buildings next to the mouth of that cave right? And the photos have been around for a couple years?

Are we all on the same page here?

That sounds interesting! Can you point them out?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

I enjoy the Hollow Earth theory but there is no way I'm flying a plane into those caverns, no matter how big they are

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Great posts, Zorgon, thank you!

besides, about the Hollow Earth, there are the rumors related to the Nazi at the end of WW II.
Not only about their base at Neu Schwabenland (built in 1938, if I remember well),
but I have the documents, maps and detailed instructions
for the U-Boot - the Nazi submarines - on how to reach the Inner Earth from Antarctica.

Not to mention the fact that at least 70 Nazi U-Boot were missing at the end of WW II.
Where did they go?

Are these the true reasons behind Operation HighJump?

and there is something more...

edit on 23-1-2012 by HeywoodFloyd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
Oh, come on now. If that were the case, how come snowballs aren't hollow on the inside after you roll one down a hill?

You should study physics more. Snowballs sticking together has nothing to do with gravity or centrifugal force. Its a red herring. If your going to argue a point at least get your facts straight

As to that expedition to check out the cave, you volunteering? I have a few others ready to go

What's that? yeah I thought so
edit on 23-1-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by HeywoodFloyd
Not to mention the fact that at least 70 Nazi U-Boot were missing at the end of WW II.
Where did they go?

There was one UBoat sunk off Norway carrying tons of Mercury. Mercury was rumored to be needed to power the Mercury Vapor vortex drives of those elusive NAZI saucers
That Mercury is now leaking into the ocean and causing a hazard

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by HeywoodFloyd
Where did they go?

There was one UBoat sunk off Norway carrying tons of Mercury. Mercury was rumored to be needed to power the Mercury Vapor vortex drives of those elusive NAZI saucers
That Mercury is now leaking into the ocean and causing a hazard

I think so.
Mercury was used by the Nazists in their "Die Glocke" super-secret project,
based on Torsion Physics.
It appeared Die Glocke (The Bell) was able to alter the fabric of space-time.
Extremely advanced physics. The best of the best SS Nazi Scientists were involved in the project.

And Die Glocke did not end up in the US hands, with Operation Paperclip,
and neither in Russians' hands.
Many Top Secret documents about Die Glocke surfaced after Germany re-unification (1989).

you certainly know the research of Joseph Farrell:

I think it's all related.
And I think that Die Glocke project ended up either in Antarctica, either in Argentina.
or, perhaps, deeper.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Hmm I don't know. The pic from google earth of the two holes looks almost photoshopped. Is that even possible? Also look above and to the right of one of them. There is a ridge that look way to circular and long. It's almost like the ridge is the edge of a UFO, and the hole or cave or whatever could be the center.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Someone mentioned how snowballs that roll down a hill don't end up hollow, but essentially they are not made with a shell. If you were to take a bunch of mud and put it inside a vollyball and spin the ball really fast, you would see centrifugal force push the dirt to the sides.

Now in the case of the earth, spinning on an axis, the equator would be the thickest and the poles would obviously be the thinest. That means if the earth is in fact hollow, the easiest access would be at the poles. This also means if the earth was hollow it wouldn't be a perfect ball inside, it would be more of a oval shaped cylinder.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

Hollow earth has always fascinated me.
I don't necessarily believe that the entire earth is hollow, but a huge cavern may support life for all we know.
The only real bummer that I see, "we" you and I will probably never have enough cash to to an expedition into these caverns, nor the major population either.
Who knows, it could be the billionaires bug out location in the event of an ele.
I would love to go see though.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Is it just me, or have I seen the same pic the OP posted 10 different times on ATS? Its interesting, but nothing new.

It's just a cavern entry point.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

So...inner oceans are real?

This is theory since I've been 11-12 years old...

The great flood was actually those oceans rising up to the surface by some sort of fish god/merman.

I have no idea where I came up with that idea, of course it could of been something I read.

Another possibility would be that the earth would start to spin faster, thus bringing those oceans to the surface.
I really do believe there is life, intelligent or not, in the inner earth.

A lot of Jules Verne's crazy ideas became close to reality, who knows about this one?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
wow thanks for all of your replies everyone

zorgon you have out done yourself,
I have'nt seen alot of that stuff before

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
The thoughts of a secret Nazi base have always fired up my imagination.

This is a real Nazi secret weapons manufacturing site called Mittelwerk.
It started out as a mine of some kind and was then converted into an
undergrounds facility, by the use of slave labor of course

This facility was used to construct advanced Nazi weapons such as
the V1, V2 and radio guided surface to air missiles.

It should be noted that there is also a Nazi work camp complete with a
crematorium that is attached to this facility and is still there today.

This is a very good link that goes into it in more detail www.thirdreichruins.com

Changing the subject a bit now, a couple of times during this thread I have mentioned
lava tubes and I would like to go on a bit more about that. First, this is what a lava tube is

Lava tubes are natural conduits through which lava travels beneath the surface of a lava flow, expelled by a volcano during an eruption. They can be actively draining lava from a source, or can be extinct, meaning the lava flow has ceased and the rock has cooled and left a long, cave-like channel

en.wikipedia.org

Sometimes the roof can cavein creating a skylight or pit crater.

These are found all over the world as well as the moon and Mars.

Moon skylight, or is that a lake

Mars skylight

I think it would be possible for Nazi's to build a secret base on Antarctica
using a lava tube. But wait, lets see what NASA says about lava tubes

The interiors of lava tubes could protect human explorers from different aspects of the lunar environment, including cosmic rays, meteorite impacts, and the extreme temperature differences between the lunar day and night. Just like caves on the Earth, lunar caves, including lava tubes, have benign temperatures that are constant. These are extremely favorable environmental conditions for human activities and industrial operations.

lunarscience.nasa.gov

how about the Antarctic Institute of Canada, what do they think?

As an option Lava tubes as habi-tation structures might give future manned mis-sions to the Moon greater flexibility by increasing the number of potential sites for small stations.

www.lpi.usra.edu

Thanks guys

So lava tubes sound like a good idea if your thinking about building yourself a secret Nazi base
or a Lunar one for that matter. If your too lazy to do so like me, then you can pretend!

Yes! My fellow ATSers, here for your viewing pleasure is a lava tube in
AMAZING STEREOSCOPIC 3D!!

edit on 23-1-2012 by LeLeu because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2012 by LeLeu because: i cant spell

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join