It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child Molester Granted Unconditional Release

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Convicted child molester Brian DeVries has been given an uncoditional release following serving his time and completing a state program for violent sexual predators. He is the first to graduate from this program.

www.foxnews.com
SAN JOSE, Calif. � A serial child molester who was the first graduate of a California treatment program for violent sexual predators was granted unconditional release Monday, despite disagreement among experts over whether he is ready to be free.

Brian DeVries (search) had been under constant supervision and received outpatient treatment since completing the program at Atascadero State Hospital (search) in August 2003. But Santa Clara County Superior Court Judge Robert Baines (search) removed all restrictions except one: DeVries must register as a sex offender wherever he lives.

"Good luck, Mr. DeVries, and for God's sake don't prove me wrong," Baines said.

Outside court, DeVries told reporters, "You have to check and balance your thoughts all the time. ... I'm going to live that way now and in the future."

Before beginning the treatment program in 1997, DeVries, 45, had been in and out of prison and molested at least nine young boys in New Hampshire, Florida and San Jose.

DeVries, who plans to continue treatment, asked for the release so he could move to Washington state; he plans to live with his father and stepmother for a month before moving to trailer on land his father owns.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Im apalled. Would you want this man living in your neighborhood? I mean really. What proof do they have he wont commit these crimes again? How many lives will he ruin if he has a bad day? I hope the state of Washington keeps an eye on him. Every day I thank god I can check the Megans Law computer database and see who or what is moving inot my neighborhood.

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
The Megan's Law database. Does a sex offender lives near you?

[edit on 8-10-2004 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

join