It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STOP....Take a STEP BACK....and look at the BIG PICTURE!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+84 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
So many of us are attempting to study the "fine details" of whats going on in the world today, that I think many of us are missing the big picture here.......and I'm sure I'll miss a few of the major facts myself
The point I'm trying to make is at the end of the blog.....Lets see what we have here:

1) The U.S. Governent is spending money as if there are "no consequences of doing so" or no need of repayment. And the country's we owe trillions of $ to dont even seem to care either???

2) The U.S. presidential race is a complete joke and, to the trained eye, is obviously for entertainment purposes, which leads one to deduce there will be no need for an election in 2012???

3) There is a "gut feeling" of fear and conspiracy currently moving about, in waves across the world???

4) Norway and other countries are buiding underground bunkers, on a mass scale???

5) The U.S. Government has building bunkers for years, but over the past decade has greatly pressured contractors to pick up the pace.

6) Hollywood has been making movies left and right about "hostile" alien invasions and apocalyptic scenarios???

7) The entire world is at the threshold of economic collapse, which everyone knows shouldve happened years ago, but the system is being "propped up" by bailouts???

8) The media is keeping the populations zombiefied with video games, electronics and comfort, as if there is nothing wrong. Have you realized that nearly 90% of commercials pertain to the following products:
A) Cell phones
B) Automobile sales
C) Video Games and Systems
D) Fast Food

........and what do those items all have in common?? They keep us preoccupied so that we care about nothing else. And I wont even mention the many 2012 prophecies, simply because I believe theyve been tainted by the MSM and Hollywood.....so its hard to know the truth anymore.

AND NOW FOR MY MAIN POINT:

I'm advising us all, not to get so enthralled with alien contact, asteroids, misc. conspiracies and whats going on in washington. FACT....Washington is going to do what it wants to do.....sorry to spoil the surprise
If there actually are any real threats coming, which I most certainly believe there is, the world's governments will not allow it to leak out....as it would be Above-Above Top Secret!! (pun intended) But here is what we can gather from looking at the BIG PICTURE:

Something bad is indeed coming.....really bad. We just are not going to know what due to the "art of disinformation". If you look again at the 7 facts I listed above (and there are others that could be listed) you can deduce this for yourself. So in closing, PREPARE PREPARE PREPARE!!! Make general preparations, which could cover a blanket of events. Make your preparations mobile and have a large, realistic BOB(bug-out-bag) for the case that you cant carry your stored supplies. You just dont know what your options will be when "that day comes". Cover all your bases! Every persons BOB will be different, based on what "they" consider to be a need. I did not list any sources.....because I did not need to. The above 7 facts are easily googled and widely known to most all of us here on ATS. Looking forward to the responses!
Have a great week ATS'ers!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Hit the nail on the head as far as I am concerned!

Now we just need a couple of billion more like-minded souls to jump on this bandwagon of reality to cushion the impact of what lies in store for us!

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
You know, in the future, people (or should I say survivors) will look back on this time and think how obvious all the signs were, and how very few of the inhabitants of our time were actually aware of the unfolding scenario and prepared themselves against it.

I don't know what is going to happen, but whatever it is, I'm pretty sure it will be man made and not an act of God. I am prepared, in a good, rural area, and beyond that, whatever happens, happens.

link   
Here is another thread on a similar topic www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   
I've been seeing loads of commercials for hormone treatments for men that are supposed to make guys in their 40's and 50's feel like they're in their 20's again. I'm 46, and I'm okay with that. Why the hell would I want to go back to feeling like a kid again? I shudder to think of all the trouble I narrowly escaped back then. No thanks, I'll stick to my current state of experience over the vitality of youth. If I need help moving anything really heavy, I'll hire someone.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by warpcrafter
I've been seeing loads of commercials for hormone treatments for men that are supposed to make guys in their 40's and 50's feel like they're in their 20's again. I'm 46, and I'm okay with that. Why the hell would I want to go back to feeling like a kid again? I shudder to think of all the trouble I narrowly escaped back then. No thanks, I'll stick to my current state of experience over the vitality of youth. If I need help moving anything really heavy, I'll hire someone.

Maybe because the military will need older recruits ( sorry, "volunteers" ) soon?
I agree with the other posts. Simple logic will tell you that all the above responses and observations are worth considering. Something ominous seems afoot.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Well i do not have to go anywere i am as far north as the road goes after me only bush road to nowhere.
To the east 100 to 140 miles of nothing to the closest town.
To the west a few very small town for the next 200 miles.
So the way i look at it if it winter very few will make it this far in the winter time and maybe more in summer.
Now i think we have a 90% chance of making it thru the first winter and 10 to 15% less every year after that.
And remember i have been getting ready for the last 10 to 12 years.
NOW what your chance.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I'm too old and cynical and disgusted to panic. There's a game going on: On the one side those who think it's their right and privilege to rule over the rest of us; on the other side those of us who aren't going to go easily.

One of John Wayne's last movies (maybe his last) was "The Shootist." Its theme is a little muddy at some points; but the way I see it is that John Wayne's character (apparently a rather ruthless ex-bounty-hunter) and several other old-fashioned characters around the area have outlived their usefulness. They're outdated and outmoded, and nobody wants their free-spirited, free-booting types around anymore. Civilization and electricity have come to the Wild West--and it's not about to be hindered by a bunch of old-time ruffians.

That's the way I feel. Civilization and the politically correct nanny-state no longer have any use for me. But I'm too stubborn and self-satisfied to change, and they'll just have to take me out when they get to me. Or, as I live on the fringe of a very bad neighborhood, maybe someone a lot tougher than me will take me out during the "upheaval." Either way, I'm getting too old and tired to try to run from it....
edit on 1/22/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I feel like it will very likely be manmade. It almost seems like we've spiraling downward for a while now, and they're ramping up the speed of impact, but telling everyone, "It's okay, we're all fine, it'll be fine", knowing full well that it won't. I feel that the reason is they want this to happen, so that they can instill whatever law they want. I think part of it has to do with all of the tax exemptions, and entitlement programs, and charity cases that governments have signed on for years. Instead of just ending them through political process, they'd rather have them all go away, and not take the brunt of the blame because they're taking away social welfare from people. If the economy falls apart, it gives them an excuse to do away with everything. Politicians don't have the courage to stand up and fight for something if they know they might perish in the process, so they just sit there, and let the car hit the wall instead of trying to get their hands on the wheel. The machine is too far gone to be fixed, it has to be completely rebuilt, and maybe that's why no one's doing anything, because they know we're doomed. The people who cannot support themselves on their own will most likely die, whether it's starvation, or desperation, or malnutrition, or dehydration, or disease. Those that can brave out the storm must have access to food and water, they must be in a place where there is food and water. Unemployment will hit an all-time high, inflation will hit levels this country has never seen before. Life in the cities will be miserable and harsh, simply because there isn't vegetation, and the sheer amount of people is too great. I am glad that I have somewhere to go if it gets this bad.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
See, while I understand what your saying I don't find it bad at all.

Most of us on here know there is something wrong with the world, with the way it runs, who is in control and what happens, so when the idea of starting anew comes up I have no fear.

Sure it will be different, but I have always embraced change. Anything different than this corrupt greedy world would be better and I would be willing to embrace any change in the right direction.

Our government spends like there is no tomorrow for a reason, the game is rigged. Say everything collapses tomorrow, they will have a solution, whether it be a new currency, aka the Amero, or they just mass produce more money and keep the cycle a going.

I just think too many people are afraid of change and panic when the thought of it arises, hence why we get the people building bunkers. And I'm not saying to be somewhat prepared, by all means that is just smart, better to have it and not need it,than to need it and not have it.

But, if the world collapsed tomorrow, all the people you live close to would become like family. I have plenty of neighbors that I like, and if SHTF we would work together as a community to get through whatever we can.

See, that's what I think has happened, when people picture a SHTF situation they panic and automatically think about themselves, whereas when they are actually in that situation they would have different attitude.

If you walked by a person who tripped and fell and you saw they were in visible pain, you would help. If you wouldn't, then, let's face it, your a bad person. So, if your willing to help a complete stranger, why wouldn't you help your neighbor? That's right, you probably would.

So, if in a bad situation like an economic collapse people stuck together and helped each other (like the vast majority probably would) then there would be no worries.

Yeah, it would be a big change, like we would not have the modern conveniences of today, but think of it this way, you would be working to live, rather than living to work.

I also think the government wants a collapse to happen so the people will fall into shambles and be looting and killing each other so they can take more control over us and 'save' us from ourselves. If we all worked properly and took care of our communities, kept ourselves fed, warm and nourished, what would be the need for the government?

There would be none. So by people panicking, seeing them build bunkers, they are winning. They are instilling fear in us. We are worries about money when it is fictitious to begin with. Think about that, people are panicking when something fictitious goes away.

I for one embrace the change, I think the bunkers are for the paranoid, I think humanity would take care of themselves as we have done throughout history and the world would be a better place.

Bring the doom and gloom on.

Some people say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.

Pred...
edit on 23-1-2012 by predator0187 because: Added more

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I agree 100% with what you are saying, the nay sayers like my husband insist this happens every generation, the feeling that it is the last. I think this time something real is going on.

I caught a very odd sign today, I was going to start a threat but worried it might not be big enough to carry it's own spot.

The history channel had Nastradamus specials on all day, mixed with other prophecies and 2012 scenarios. Well in the one special they were interviewing this NASA guy and he very quickly said "we wouldn't have a week's or even a month's notice" I assume he was talking about something celestial coming at us?

I found it frightening because everyday NASA is putting out the disinfo....no,no,no,no, nothing is happening truuuuuuust us!

I am sure this little interview never caught their eye.

What does everyone think?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trillium
Well i do not have to go anywere i am as far north as the road goes

NORTH is not a good place to be

What is coming is the next ICE AGE... that is why we see 'global warming' and changes on the sun and earth's magnetic fields.

Ice core samples taken from layers of ice (at Lake Vostok, Antarctica) show the pattern covering 415,000 years. Look at the chart below and you will see where we are today.. You will also notice that the reversals are NOT gradual, but sudden flips over a few years

Want to get prepared? Buy warm clothes

Now I have a wood stove, lots of firewood, about a years supply of food and other things I keep just in case of any emergency... and I have machine guns so that when all those people I told to be prepare who didn't come looking for my stash

And yes they ARE legal in NEVADA
And I 'borrowed' a sign from one of my neighbors

edit on 23-1-2012 by zorgon because: Gremlins did it :shk:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
I agree 100% with what you are saying, the nay sayers like my husband insist this happens every generation, the feeling that it is the last. I think this time something real is going on.

I caught a very odd sign today, I was going to start a threat but worried it might not be big enough to carry it's own spot.

The history channel had Nastradamus specials on all day, mixed with other prophecies and 2012 scenarios. Well in the one special they were interviewing this NASA guy and he very quickly said "we wouldn't have a week's or even a month's notice" I assume he was talking about something celestial coming at us?

I found it frightening because everyday NASA is putting out the disinfo....no,no,no,no, nothing is happening truuuuuuust us!

I am sure this little interview never caught their eye.

What does everyone think?

Sure a comet could hit us tomorrow and we wouldn't see it until it was too late, if it was on the suns side. See we cannot study the suns side like we can night time.

But why worry? If it is a small one humanity comes back from a terrible tragedy, and if it's a monster, were dead anyways.

Russia is going to set up an asteroid deflector though, so in about 10 or so years we will be able to deflect the ones we see.

Pred...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

The part that irks me though is NASA saying if anything was coming they would pick it and know, I mean unless it pops through a wormhole it won't be upon us instantly, and they don't travel faster that the speed of light. So my question is...are they not looking...or do we not have the technology they say we do? Why wouldn't we have even a days notice? Opposing stories from the same entity......shouldn't be surprised it is the gov't...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I am trying to be more prepared but find it hard in terms of time and money.

Ok even if I do survive the first few months of what ever may happen then what ? Do I really want to live in survival mode of which from experience is not nice.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

We can see the majority from the night side, as not only do we have most of the telescopes in the world looking but lots of amateur astronomers as well.

The day side is a little different, when you look through a telescope during the day, it doesn't work. So the space between the earth and the sun cannot be seen or studied like the night time can. That is how we could only have 1 days notice.

But don't over analyze that though, for if a comet or asteroid were to come from that side it would have to get there somehow giving us a chance to view it from the 'dark' side. Some would anyways.

Pred...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

I would at least like to have a chance to duck or run away!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

Here's NASA's near earth list....just in case.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
For me the big picture is oil. It is inevitable that we'll run out one day whether it be 10 years, 50 years or more. I believe we've got another 20 years tops of affordable oil. After that everything will change. I'm not worried about all the 'end of the world' scenarios so much but I am worried about how the next couple of generations are going to survive.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

Sorry to the OP for going completely off topic but it's super annoying when people post links to "similar" threads like this. If you're going to post why not include your opinion with the referral? I think it's rude and minimizes the OP's thoughts, feelings, and opinions. If you're "just trying to help" then perhaps a U2U but honestly it's still rude.

Rant over!

As for the OP I think many people are starting to realize this, and we will see things pick up the pace as we move through this year. The one thing you left out as far as being prepared is getting your mind and spirituality in line for the changes ahead. Extremely important IMHO.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join