It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

90 whales stranded on New Zealand beach

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
yeah i to have been lead to believe that a mass often strandad on a beach could be a sign of a natural event, I would assume a BIG EQ at sea to be honest,

but I think it ,may have something to do with the electro magnetic field on the sea bed though, i guess using this thread we could try and post up as much as possible and maybe FIND a pattern, Maybe we can find a heads up for people on this site from there?

edit on 23-1-2012 by intuitive because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2012 by intuitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Yesterday, we also had small Earthquakes from north of Wellington (within 100 kms of stranding I suppose) up to Hastings which included Taupo.

Many/most of the Earthquakes are in Taupo from Sunday until today but these are very small sub 3.0 quakes. Wonder if there is a connection to the stranding.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Ive always personally thought that it eas because of these creatures resonance chamber.

If there were vibrations being sent though the water and my body was built to amplify those vibrations then it could get suicidaly uncomfortable being pounded 24/7 from all angles by the loudest thing ive ever heard.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

The unpredictability of the beachings does not lend itself to easy research, ...

It would be easy to dispatch a team of engineers to collect the whales and cart them in refrigerated trucks to the nearest capable university for study. Engineers are no fools, if the samples need to be dissected, they are more than capable of being guided through the process by a marine biologist (via a satellite uplink) without damaging the samples. Once the cause of death was know, the meat could be snap frozen and sold to business 's licensed to handle and distribute.

The initial profits from the sale would be more than adequate to reimburse the engineers/biologists for the time and resources used. The data would go to the public domain and Jane and John Smith could enjoy a plate of whale-burgers in any country, knowing that the money that they have just spent is utilised in an environmentally friendly way.

... and the japanese are known to hunt the whales for food, oil, etc, not for research. And why the Japanese at all?

The whole premise that the Japanese use to hunt whales is done as scientific research when in fact, the evidence seems to indicate that the whaling is in fact commercial. Wiki I am well aware that other countries are also whaling but only Japan is openly lying about it.

Personally, if Japan had a breeding program in place that replenished whale stocks, I wouldn't have a problem at all with whaling. To me, it is no different from eating beef or chicken, bar that the current methods of catching the whales is absolutely inhumane.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I recommend people to read these external articles which point to the possibilities of natural or man-made sources.

factsanddetails.com...

There is some evidence that mass whale groundings may linked with solar storms. A team from the University of Kiel compared records of sperm whale stranding in the North Sea between 1712 and 2003 and found that in many cases they coincided with period of high solar activity. In a report published in the Journal of Sea Research scientists theorized that geomagnetic storms associated with high solar activity disrupts the whale internal navigation system and caused them to run aground.

In July 2004, 150 to 200 melon-headed whales were observed milling around Kauai Bay in Hawaii, confused and disoriented, after mid-frequency sonar was used during military exercises about 20 miles offshore from there. The whales are normally found in deep water but were swimming packed together within 100 meters of the shore, showing clear signs of stress. Action by local citizens prevent the whales from beaching themselves. The Navy acknowledged that it used the sonar periodically for 20 hours before the whales nearly beached themselves.

www.earthportals.com...

THE MEDITERRANEAN SEA NEAR GREECE - In 1996, twelve Cuvier's beakedwhales documented to be exposed to NATO sonar at 150-160 decibels werefound stranded. At the same time about 200 stranded dolphins were suspectedof suffering from tissue explosion. (Nature, 1996) LFAS levels to be usedby the U.S. are reported to be 180 decibels in areas near shore and couldgo considerably higher, once deployment is underway and this program is classified.

Governments of the world pretend not to know (with the help of mainstream media).

May mother nature delivers its blows to those countries of human destroyers soon. Amen.

edit on 1/23/2012 by wisdomnotemotion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee

Originally posted by steaming
The following is dated February 2011 - - - Prior to large N.Z Earthquake,

Is this another such warning ????

www.mirror.co.uk... 41618/

I didn't see a story that relates in your link, but my first thought was Large Earthquake Ahead.

Me neither, so I Googled it...

www.mirror.co.uk... 41618/

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join