It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is what happens when Ford announces they are hiring

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArchPlayer
reply to post by nyk537

The overall fact of the matter is that technology has displaced and even eliminated most of the blue collar jobs. But that is no reason nor any excuse for people like Ford not to give anybody a equal shot. They will understand they need to make jobs in order to pass the buck around and keep it flowing when profit margins sink because there are not enough middle classers buying anything.

Exactly.

I used to grow up in the area of factory towns. The factories laid everyone off and shipped the jobs away to save a buck.

However, since that cut a significant amount of income in the area , the companies lost a lot of money in sales as no one could buy the products , at the inflated prices they were saling them back to the community for.

lol.

the companies are either struggling or no longer around.

It's common sense that in order for people to buy your goods , the people have to have money.

I don't know if these corporations are just thinking "let the other guy stay in america and give them jobs", but they are starting to see that a broke population is not a profitable one.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TitaniumL

For me, the waking up part of work is hard. That's why I engineered my life the way I did, to wake up on my own time.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColCurious
Wow... just wow

Hold on US workers! German car manufacturers VW, Daimler and BMW are all planning to build new automobile factories in the US.

Might as well, the parts come from god knows where and the Germans who can get an decent education, dont work on the assembly line and education is free.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

You have it almost right. I worked for ten years as the annealing furnace operator in a tool factory. My department had to run 24/7/365 in order for the rest of the plant to get the parts they needed for their production. When I first hired in, I worked all the holidays at triple time. I was making about six dollars an hour at the time. And I was loving it. I had the plant all to myself and my co worker and the skeleton maint. and security crews. So the plant has this bright idea to run two shifts for four days on and three off each. They run back to back with one overlapping day in the middle. When we had duplicate operators, some would go out of anneal and run coining presses. Now we are talking about working ALL the holidays for regular time. I was pissed and put a sign in the back window of my 74 Chevy Impala saying it was unfair. The plant manager called me up to his office and told me to remove it or I would be removed. It sucked. Check out Craftsman tools. Most of them have a WF stamped on there somewhere.

edit on 2-1-2012 by groingrinder because: Edited to remove random letters.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321

Wow, just wow. You do realise that the assembly lines of today, those guys wear protective masks so they don't breathe those fumes right? And who said work was easy? It's called work for a reason.
Here's the story about Ford Hiring in Chicago: online.wsj.com...
Personally, I think if you've been out of work for awhile $14.00 is a lot better then no money. But then again selling hotdogs to those waiting in line, wouldn't that make you the same greedy imbecile making your money off people that have nothing?

Ummm, exactly...but wouldn't that be called "entrepreneurship" and "pulling yourself up by the bootstraps" by the GOP?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeeon
What's with the all the negative comments in this thread?

Have we really become this as a people? Deriding and mocking those people who stood in line for DAYS trying to get work? Are we so full of hatred and despise that we feel the need to blind ourselves from the utter truth of the matter? Are we so guilty that we can't see the video for what it truly is?

Then let me spell it out for you:

This video is Inspiration. We should be cheering for ourselves, as Americans - that indeed we are not Lazy sloths who demand hand outs for doing nothing.
That we believe we need to earn our keep and go to work to provide for ouselves and our families.
That we risk harsh conditions and can be EXTREMELY patient as we hope to become productive members of society again.

The second idea that we should take away from this is that people still need jobs!
Regardless of your political affiliations, the fact remains clear that there was ALOT of people trying to get a job! This much is painfully obvious even to those of you who continue to believe MSM lies and allow yourselves to be blinded from the truth.

For me, this restores alot of faith I have lost recently for our society. It warms my heart to see so many people braving those conditions to find a job. America still has hope.

I find your observations refreshing and non-partisan.
And I agree with you, but we still need jobs! The non-productive gridlock in Congress is embarrassing, and lobbyists need to be corralled and eliminated so that we can get our "elected" representatives to represent the hard-working people of this country again.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

In a time of joblessness and poverty people will react in this way. It is a reminder of the times. We cannot deny things are awry.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Not to be sexist. But I wonder how much easier it would be for men to get jobs if women didn't work.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy
reply to post by mossme89

Gingrich says he wants "to teach inner city people how to get jobs" what a joke

Not at all!

Anybody can do it with Newton Gingrich's MEGA MILLION Super System!

Make Money Fast!

a) make friends with billionaires
b) get elected to Congress with their money
c) do whatever they want
d) set up "consulting gigs" when you're done.

if you call now, we'll throw in not one, not two, not three, but FOUR Ginsu knives, the better to stab your allies and your ex-wives when they outlive their usefulness. They each come with a faux-leather hypocrisy-proof scabbard in all the colors of the GOP, red white and blue for patriotic outsourcing, and brown, for the bestest kind of energy ever.

edit on 2-2-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

<< 6  7  8   >>

join