It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is what happens when Ford announces they are hiring

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish614

they need a job to buy new cloth, can't you see that?

edit on 23-1-2012 by notonsamepage because: pun

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Guess the poor aren't as lazy and people make out...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
the saddest part is yet to come. when they are hired, they stand in front of the same machine day in and day out for 8-12 hrs a day.

sometimes for 6 days a week, because the greedy imbeciles who run the show save money by overworking employees, even with overtime.

stale air, no natural light, harmful fumes from plastic, paint and metal.

then only a minutes warning to getting laid off because ford's latest car is sh-t, and they always run at a loss because their main source of revenue is government bailouts.

if i was one of them, i would be selling hotdogs to the people in line. you'd make more in one day than working there a month.

edit on 22-1-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

Ford has not taken any government money. Unions were created to prevent the abuses you mention from taking place.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Not enough jobs?

Not enough skill?

Too many drug tests?

Not enough sobriety?

Increasing demand for bigger pay for less and less work - or the other way around?

Too much tech. taking over what used to be done by humans - or too many humans?

Too late to fix or too dead to care?

Quite a cocktail - and that's ONE country and ONE problem (jobs).

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
just like in the great deppresion
the good old days are back again
edit on 23-1-2012 by ninjas4321 because: posting mistake

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
You know what it reminds me of? The Great Depression. Job lines during the Great Depression.

But never fear. The Government says we aren't in a recession....

edit on 22-1-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

Seems that we are heading back to those times, not really a surpirse with a false economy and a bunch of trained monkees running the world.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by StayAlert1
Maybe it is sinking in, When you vote for an unqualified candidate and then wonder why the county has gone down the swirl.

Hows that CHANGE treating everyone? The people in that line sure don't feel like they have a lot of HOPE now. November will be our last chance to get the train back on the tracks..................

Do yourself a favor and do some research/ Look at the last forty years of federal economic policy. Then take the time to study up on Milton Friedman. When you've got those two things completed look up IMF development loan packages, their consequences, and compare the deals to American policy and desired policy over the last three decades. Look at how well those loans and development agreements worked out for countries and realize what you are facing.

This a complex issue and if you think it is all about one candidate with a "D" beside his name you don't truly understand what is happening. Obama hasn't really done anything except keep the train on the desired course for yet another term. Now the question is, who is determining the course? It sure isn't me and you.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Your comments are really ignorant, they could replace the people with more cost effective robot machines...at least this way they have a job and are staying productive, showing good work ethic to their children.

When I here comments like yours I can guess you are part of the "laziest generation"...would you rather they collect unemployment and food stamps...?

Sniper

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
you know... flipping burgers was once dreamed of by immigrants as a dream job.
Americans think they have the God given right and its their privilege to have the most reputable jobs, when in reality, some people need to do the "dirty" work.
honestly, i don't think those people are complaining about waiting on line especially in times like these.
there's appropriate times to be angry, and appropriate times to be grateful, in most of those families life, i think its a time to be grateful.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by notonsamepage

Yes I understand that, as I stated I used some of my unemployment checks to get me work clothes, it wasn't that expensive.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Why are people replying with "you take what you can to support your family" to this article?

Did you people not score well on that "context clues" reading text in the second grade? Or is this a stock script?

This is the same response that I see over and over again to any article detailing how T.P.T.B are manipulating the system , and how this is a sad state of affairs.

Obviously these people are attempting to feed their families. The problem is that "good" jobs are too far and in between that an announcement warrants blocks long lines to even apply.

Ok , yes, agreed. You do what you can to survive. No one disagrees with that.

If someone knocks you down you "pick yourself up by the boot straps" and keep pushing on.

But at no point do you ask yourselves:

Who keeps knocking me down?
and
How do I keep ending up on the floor?

There is nothing courageous or admirable about constantly taking a butt whipping to show that "you can take it".

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by femalepharoe

There is nothing courageous or admirable about constantly taking a butt whipping to show that "you can take it".

Bravado, Protects peoples ego's from the harshness of life by making them feel like they're beating it in a way.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Are you making a commentary on the state of unemployment in the nation or are you mocking people for wanting to get a job at ford? Because my response depends on what you're insinuating with this thread...people trying to find work is not sad to me, people out of work is. What exactly is "so sad" to you?
edit on 23-1-2012 by Threadfall because: too hasty in initial response

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
It seems to me that there are in majority, blacks. Whats with this racism? African americans have the same right as any other person to work in order to get something to eat and some clothes to wear... I don't know why, but i think that they turned down most of the blacks in favor of the whites... (this happens a lot nowdays ...)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
This looks like the line ups at the soup kitchens during the depression.

What happened to the Greatest Country on Earth?

Peace

edit on 22-1-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

I don't consider that the US was ever much of a great country. It, like all countries was founded on blood shed. It was rife with slavery and look at the very landscape itself that has been decimated during deforestation. The Earth and the wildlife would do well after our demise.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Threadfall
reply to post by mossme89

What is more truly sad about this OP...that an American manufacturing company stayed in America and is hiring American workers or that these unemployed people have a chance at acquiring a decent paying job? Not everyone can be a surgeon or an engineer, ok? Maybe they should stay home and try to collect welfare, would that make you happy? This is the stupidest post I've read in a while...

"Oh noooooooooo's, unemployed people being hired by an American company, this is sooooooooooooooo sad!"

If I was a betting man, I'd wager that you are unemployed and enjoy it. no money, no prospects, no problems, eh?

again,
the article's motivations goes over your head.

The sad part is that these jobs are so scarce that they cause something of a flash mob. It's admirable that Ford has done what you detailed. But, where are the other jobs?

that is the question.

I would wager you are one of those people who would lap up scraps off a rich man's plate and never once ask the guvna' for some more.

Re read the article please
edit on 23-1-2012 by femalepharoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
What's with the all the negative comments in this thread?

Have we really become this as a people? Deriding and mocking those people who stood in line for DAYS trying to get work? Are we so full of hatred and despise that we feel the need to blind ourselves from the utter truth of the matter? Are we so guilty that we can't see the video for what it truly is?

Then let me spell it out for you:

This video is Inspiration. We should be cheering for ourselves, as Americans - that indeed we are not Lazy sloths who demand hand outs for doing nothing.
That we believe we need to earn our keep and go to work to provide for ouselves and our families.
That we risk harsh conditions and can be EXTREMELY patient as we hope to become productive members of society again.

The second idea that we should take away from this is that people still need jobs!
Regardless of your political affiliations, the fact remains clear that there was ALOT of people trying to get a job! This much is painfully obvious even to those of you who continue to believe MSM lies and allow yourselves to be blinded from the truth.

For me, this restores alot of faith I have lost recently for our society. It warms my heart to see so many people braving those conditions to find a job. America still has hope.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Pretty amazing the lack of care being shown here.

Lots of people passing judgement, don't make assumptions.

when you ASSUME, it makes an ASS out of U and ME. let's stop demonizing these people.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by femalepharoe

I already changed by initial post because I suspected that I may have been hasty. But what do you mean the article went over my head, again? That was my first, and up to this point only post in this thread so I honestly don't know what you're referring to (but I suspect you were attempting simply to be condescending) Secondly, what "article" are you talking about? There was no article in the OP, no link to an article, and the two sentences the OP wrote are not an article, and neither is the youtube video the OP linked to, so again I have no idea what you're referring to. And have you ever thought, perhaps, that things "go over" people's heads because the person saying them does a really lousy job at communicating ideas clearly? Now I know a lot of people around here like to speak vaguely so as to add an air of esoteric wisdom to posts, but it doesn't really help convey ideas effectively. Some people even enjoy intentionally obfuscating things. The OP could have, for instance, written more than two nebulous sentences that do nothing more than indicate a vague sense of disappointment in America--everything else was left open to interpretation. Indeed, nothing went "over my head" but apparently I did misinterpret the OP--which was not entirely my fault.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The American economy is far too focused on consummation,and not enough on manufacturing. In fact, America is getting woefully obliterated by Asia in the manufacturing department.

Throw in currency manipulation by China and boom, you got big problems.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join