It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is what happens when Ford announces they are hiring

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I don;t see the sadness here either.
We've seen lines like this for concert tickets and the newest Ipads.
Jobs that pay well are scarce and I would presume Ford might pay a living wage.
The scarcity of decent paying jobs is sad but people lining up to try to get one is heartening,
They're not laying in bed waiting for a government check.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

I hate that about employers........

you take the time out to look your best - sometimes even purchase that new suit for the interview, pay money from your own pocket for travel expenses plus travelling time to go to an interview.......

and they can't be bothered to make a simple phone call in return to the unsuccessful applicants like they use to up until the late 1980s!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Any one else notice how it was mostly black people queuing up
in the OP video?
This depression is contrived and the sooner we can get away from the fiat
currencies of our corrupted lords the better.
This is not how life should be, or could be.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I'm really surprised that obama'll allow this, I mean in his world everythings rosy in fact things are so good in his world he can blow thousands of possible jobs with the Keystone pipeline from Canada.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I can understand standing in a line for a good job. The cold part sucks, but when you have to feed your family minimum wage doesn't cut it.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
the saddest part is yet to come. when they are hired, they stand in front of the same machine day in and day out for 8-12 hrs a day.

sometimes for 6 days a week, because the greedy imbeciles who run the show save money by overworking employees, even with overtime.

stale air, no natural light, harmful fumes from plastic, paint and metal.

then only a minutes warning to getting laid off because ford's latest car is sh-t, and they always run at a loss because their main source of revenue is government bailouts.

if i was one of them, i would be selling hotdogs to the people in line. you'd make more in one day than working there a month.

edit on 22-1-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

Wow, just wow. You do realise that the assembly lines of today, those guys wear protective masks so they don't breathe those fumes right? And who said work was easy? It's called work for a reason.
Here's the story about Ford Hiring in Chicago: online.wsj.com...
Personally, I think if you've been out of work for awhile $14.00 is a lot better then no money. But then again selling hotdogs to those waiting in line, wouldn't that make you the same greedy imbecile making your money off people that have nothing?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Ford is hiring! Yay! Didn't watch the video, but Ford is hiring! Things are looking up.

See how easy it is to find something good, when you look?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I'd really wish i'd make 56$ an hour.... i just make 670 aprox... monthly!
And I have a pretty meh life, i can live well and have little and not-so-expensive luxuries like books, comic books, music cds and dvds too... I think that if you all leave the US and come to other countries where the price of living is more cheap (and I'm writting from the most expensive country in South America), there are a lot more job opportunities... And not in cheap places but in big corps. Right now I'm working on a financial holding based on sweden where everybody speaks english more fluent than spanish.
Leave that hole of doom and gloom and come to other countries. We have cookies!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

This was very sad, I hope the people who are within these lines and many other lines like these get to find the financial support for their families they need. The estimated temp. and the overall discomfort of just standing in a long line hoping to be picked for employment is enough to lower a spirits ambition. The people are standing in those lines show they are willing to work and it sad many will return home empty handed....

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caggy
I'd really wish i'd make 56$ an hour.... i just make 670 aprox... monthly!
And I have a pretty meh life, i can live well and have little and not-so-expensive luxuries like books, comic books, music cds and dvds too... I think that if you all leave the US and come to other countries where the price of living is more cheap (and I'm writting from the most expensive country in South America), there are a lot more job opportunities... And not in cheap places but in big corps. Right now I'm working on a financial holding based on sweden where everybody speaks english more fluent than spanish.
Leave that hole of doom and gloom and come to other countries. We have cookies!

670?
I would for sure never move to another
country for 600 bux a month..

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Wow, just wow. Reminds me how great of an opportunity I have here in college working on my Mechanical/Aerospace dual degree. I am so thankful my parents are financialy able to help me pay for college. I only need to take out a few small loans. Now, I will get off ATS and do some Dynamics, Calc, and Mechanics work. Thanks for the push OP. I want to do well so I can find a job when I graduate. I will not complain when I need to study and work over the weekends. The people in that line could only hope for such a chance.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

OMG...A whole 8 or 12 hour day ! Thats heart breaking...I mean to work for a living. I feel for people looking for work its not easy but its a fact that ther are jobs out there...is it what we want no usually....do they pay the bills...not usually since most Americans live beyond their means even when they have a good job. Most factory workers jump at the chance to work overtime...especially union workers.

I have worked crapy jobs that did not pay the bills...so guess what I went and got another crapy job...80 hours a week..did I want too...heck no I would rather be at home...but facts are facts and I would not have a home to go to if I did not work the 2 crapy jobs...when I was in high school when I di not have too I worked three jobs...one full time 40 hours a week and two part time jobs on the weekend...it won't kill you to work hard and it usually pays off as someone that appreciates the work ethic gives you a raise and a better position...you just have to prove yourself.

I have worked for temp services for less than minimum wage after paying the fee...most people work one day and say screw it...I have found that if you actually hang on for at least two full pay periods that they hire you full time at a good wage...its usually how they weed out the people that are not going to work period. its not good right now in the world but we as Americans still have it better than most of the world...gas is cheap compared to Europe....taxes are low compared to the rest of the world...we just need to suck it up and make it better through hard work...its how we got to this point to begin with...Hard Work !

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Interesting thread with lots of people commenting from within the safe confines of their little box. ATS continues to shine

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Scenes like that make me think we are closer to a Depression.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

It just goes to show how many people want a decent job and are willing to do anything to get one eg , camp out over night in very cold weather, to feed there families

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Yes it's very heartwarming to see people out there trying to make a better life for thier family. However, Ford can only offer so many jobs. I worked with people like the people in this line in a warehouse job over the summer. People that work two or even three jobs to provide for thier family. Yes, jobs are out there, but good jobs are scarce. The rather small percentage of people that actually to get the Ford job will definitely be better off, but those who don't will go back to scraping by on the bare minimum. The guys I worked with always had a good attitude though, I must say. They were thankful for what they have even though they work seven days a week totaling around 80 hours of work per week. Thats 12 hours of rigorous manual labor every day of the week. Usually there is a one week paid leave, but that is only after the first three or so months. Alot of guys lose thier jobs or find a slightly better one before then and have to keep finding new jobs. It's a tough life.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

BUSH, CHENEY, RUMSFELD, ISREAL, etc is what happened...Same people in power since the Vietnam war. Bush headed the CIA, learned everything he needed to get all connections, freemasons here, Europe and middle east had big plans. You see them culminate on a daily basis for about the last 15 years brawling out. Game is rigged. As you can see we are a shell of ourselves. Osama said the wars will bleed our economy dry, does anyone not remember this? Can you allow yourself to believe this all just "happened"? It's all a plan, nothing new here

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Not to be rude or anything but how the hell are those people standing in the lines expect to get a job dressed the way they are? Jeans and puffy jackets etc? That is no way to go about getting a job, at least put some slacks on with a button up shirt. Am I the only person seeing that?
edit on 1/23/2012 by Irish614 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by imnothereru

$14/hr decent? I had an entry level position in AT&T coming out of tech college in 1998 making $14/hr. You mean to tell me salaries frozen at 90's levels is decent???

Fringe talent sports players make about $250,000 a year minimum in most sports. Football, 20 games played + possible playoff bonuses. You don't even have to play, just be on the team.

What do the ceo/cfo top exects at Form make with their bailout money? They get millions in just bonus I'm sure.
No one seems to care, no one seems to notice.

Never settle for less, our state of the union reflects the consequence of said actions

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
the saddest part is yet to come. when they are hired, they stand in front of the same machine day in and day out for 8-12 hrs a day.

sometimes for 6 days a week, because the greedy imbeciles who run the show save money by overworking employees, even with overtime.

stale air, no natural light, harmful fumes from plastic, paint and metal.

then only a minutes warning to getting laid off because ford's latest car is sh-t, and they always run at a loss because their main source of revenue is government bailouts.

if i was one of them, i would be selling hotdogs to the people in line. you'd make more in one day than working there a month.

edit on 22-1-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

100% agree but I have been in this position before. Work is work. They will be feel better mentally knowing that they have SOME KIND of income to sustain their family. Before they were waiting in line they had...... what, exactly? Man, I sure hope things start to turn around in this country/world...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join