It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is what happens when Ford announces they are hiring

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Its Bushes fault.

Sorry, I had to.

Hows that hope and changey thing workin out for ya?

This is what happens when you elect Corporate Whores. They sell your nation out.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
UAW (United Auto Workers) is among the most powerful U.S. unions. The people who get hired certainly will not be working in sweatshop conditions, and 6 days a week means overtime pay on their already $56 an hour pay. These lines are so long because the job is a dream job for a blue collar worker.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I live just outside of Chicago, it is bad around here. When Ford hires everybody runs to fill out that form! I remember those days. No I repair computers, and build web site. ahhh. No more dirty.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
reply to post by randomname

What's sad about working for a living? What do they expect? Are people hoping to get jobs where they do nothing all day and get paid like kings for it?

Work is hard...if you don't want to do it then don't stand in line to apply. Simple as that.

And yes...I can say that because I work for a major automotive manufacturer.
edit on 22-1-2012 by nyk537 because: (no reason given)

It looks like to me that these people in the lines want to work, why else would they be there in the first place.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Deja`Vu

That was exactly my point. I was responding to previous comments that stated things would get "worse" for them after they got hired.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
Yes, of course. There are plenty of corporation-haters here, even when the corporations are all who are hiring.

for logic.
Cuz corporations aren't all that's left? I've worked plenty of jobs in my short life and every single one of those was to a mega corp. I'm sure many others here can say the same. Just because someone feeds you doesn't mean they love you.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
You should see it over here in my neck of the woods. I get your point athough after the clarity, I just recently got laid off when the company closed down. Let me tell you... it is crazy hard trying to find a job. Everywhere I go there is about 50 people ahead of me. Hopefully things will turn around.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

I wish people would go to grocery stores and apply, or even to any of the gas stations or fast food places. I say this, because a lot of them are taking full or part time employment.
People that were making 50k or more a year, many...not all...think that a job that is paying half of what they use to get ...isn't worth doing...well people, a job is a job, take what you can get and be thankful for being able to work. Thare is no job that I wouldn't do, to support my family...
It just gets me mad to see people that should be working ...but won't...because they want a job like they use to have or that THEY think they are qualified for...

Reach down grab your boot straps and pull em up!
Go to a different area, state...whatever...there are jobs out there, many people are just not willing to take them...thats what is sad!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

And everyone said....AMEN.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
reply to post by randomname

Are people hoping to get jobs where they do nothing all day and get paid like kings for it?

Pretty much.
They are just not those who you think they are:
What does for example Walmart CEO Mike Duke do, when it comes to bonus calculation time, and same-store sales numbers don't look good enough for a fat package?
Right: Stop looking at same-store sales numbers
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Deja`Vu

What makes the lines even worse is the fact that companies and organizations are changing requirements. Because of the competition for jumps positions that once required a high school diploma now require an associates degree.

Four yeas ago my wife could have went from entry level to head of her division with an associates degree and experience. Now you can't move to the third level (of seven) without a bachelor's degree in one of three fields. You can't make it to the top without a master's or doctorate degree. What they do at her job has not changed. The only thing that has changed is the number of college graduates without a job. HR and the directors of her division have been very honest about that.

So, a lot of those people in line might not even qualify for a job that two years ago they were "over qualified" for.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by narwahl

And what does that have to do with the topic of this thread?

If you want to rip on CEO's there are other threads for that.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
this is reliance in clear view, they have forced themselves upon you america.
policies enacted which force you to be a begger

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
The point isn't that these people don't want to work, or even that they're lazy. The point is that it's sad that our society, the human race in general, is forced to work miserable jobs for low wages simply to make a living. Before agriculture and iron (wheat and warfare) the human race only worked for as much as they needed - they went a hunted and gathered for food. They survived. Then they got scared of scarcity and tried to save food, and wha-la, farms and stealing and slavery and WORK. Toiling day in, day out, hours upon hours, for what? A pithy amount of money that will barely put food on the table? There is clearly enough food out there for everyone to have some and enough to be left over. The problem is we live in a society that allows some to have it all and forces the rest to beg for the leftover scraps. We literally beg for these crappy jobs just so that we can have a bit of food and survive to live one more day working our life away for a little bit more food. What kind of life is this?

"Please, Mr. Millionaire CEO, may I have some more?" It's ridiculous that this is the way we're living. Are we really incapable of learning to share? Is it really ethical that some have nothing while others have it all, and the ones who have it all hoard it so the rest can have none? It's sad. Human existence, except for the privileged few, is pretty darn pathetic.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by spacekc929

This isn't a miserable job paying low wages.

Working for a major automotive manufacturer is a dream job for a ton of people. This is a great job that's worth standing in line for.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

I've applied at grocery stores, fast-food, and gas. I never even got a call back.

Maybe people are doing that, and there are simply more applicants than there are positions.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

There's contributing factors to that and all I will say is it's the Union. Hyundai/Kia, BMW, and Honda plants have been hiring for a while. BTW those are Non-union factories. Just saying....
edit on 23-1-2012 by PriestOfAries because: Can't spell today.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Don't wait for a call back call them, the day after you apply, 3 days later, and so on Until you get a specific direction "no" and there's always Truck driving Prime Inc( in house), Swift, C.R. England (in house) all have paid training and employ you after training. And they pay for you to get out to the facility. All 3 are hiring, and as long as you can get a CDL and can pass a drug test you've got a job. Rough out there but there are places that pay well and are always hiring. Just got to get out of the typical boundaries.
edit on 23-1-2012 by PriestOfAries because: Typos why do you haunt me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

This looks like the line ups at the soup kitchens during the depression.

Actually those lines are back too. Same percentage in fact. Only this time the lines are in our wallets and they are called EBT (Foodstamps) cards. As a manager of a grocery store I see a lot of them each day. It was rather surprising when I first started working there. They just figured out how to make the lines invisible.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Its Bushes fault.

Actually it's Clinton's fault for bringing in NAFTA.

But then again it's our fault for not listening to Ross Perot.

But then again it's Reagan's fault for "trickle down" economics and breaking the unions.

But then again Bush pretty much ran the White House in that administration, so yeah your right.

However let's give Milton Friedman honorable mention, don't ya think?
edit on 23-1-2012 by Ittabena because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join