It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is what happens when Ford announces they are hiring

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
A line 3 blocks long in 10 degree weather of people hoping to get a job.

I don't think this is the America you or your children would want to live in. Truly sad.
edit on 22-1-2012 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I don't know if its the music or what,
but for some strange reason this seems heartbreaking.

David Grouchy

edit on 22-1-2012 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

Omg, six blocks, and the line just... keeps ... going...
edit on 22-1-2012 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Indeed very sad, lots of people in need of work, not enough jobs.

Does this prove to some people now that out of work people are not lazy? I hope so at least, people need to pay attention in this concerning time and quit buying what the msm throws.
edit on 22-1-2012 by dreamingawake because: vid added

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Your link "contains a malformed URL." I can't see what you did wrong though (tried to fix it for you).

youtube.com/watch?v=UTGh5iMXtc

The orange text is generally what you'd enter into the youtube embed dialogue...so when you check your URL you should see what you did wrong.

I can imagine the lines though.
Took me over 2 years to find work.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MzMorbid

Fixed. There was an underscore _ before the U

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Any idea how many jobs were available?

I hope a lot.

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
This looks like the line ups at the soup kitchens during the depression.

What happened to the Greatest Country on Earth?

Peace

edit on 22-1-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I didn't listen to the music and I find
it very sad. They and we know that
only a small percentage of the people
waiting in line will actually get a job
with Ford - that is the sadest part.
They are trying and nothing is coming
their way - breaks my heart.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Wow... just wow

Hold on US workers! German car manufacturers VW, Daimler and BMW are all planning to build new automobile factories in the US.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
the saddest part is yet to come. when they are hired, they stand in front of the same machine day in and day out for 8-12 hrs a day.

sometimes for 6 days a week, because the greedy imbeciles who run the show save money by overworking employees, even with overtime.

stale air, no natural light, harmful fumes from plastic, paint and metal.

then only a minutes warning to getting laid off because ford's latest car is sh-t, and they always run at a loss because their main source of revenue is government bailouts.

if i was one of them, i would be selling hotdogs to the people in line. you'd make more in one day than working there a month.

edit on 22-1-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Pah-leese......who said "work" was supposed to be easy? Thank god they are hiring and people will get jobs. Don't worry, the unions will take better care of them than they should.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Missed your other comment.....Ford never took a bailout, even though the unions are probably breaking them.

Oops...that was meant for randomname.

edit on 22-1-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
A line 3 blocks long in 10 degree weather of people hoping to get a job.

I don't think this is the America you or your children would want to live in. Truly sad.
edit on 22-1-2012 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

No, I'd want my kid to live in a world where willy wonka is real, and there is no global currency.

Are you kidding me? Your statement of "I dont think this is the america you or your children would want to live in" is one of the most ignorant statements I've ever read on ATS.

It is what it is. . .christ.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
the saddest part is yet to come. when they are hired, they stand in front of the same machine day in and day out for 8-12 hrs a day.

sometimes for 6 days a week, because the greedy imbeciles who run the show save money by overworking employees, even with overtime.

then only a minutes warning to getting laid off because ford's latest car is sh-t, and they always run at a loss because their main source of revenue is government bailouts.

if i was one of them, i would be selling hotdogs to the people in line. you'd make more in one day than working there a month.

FORD never took a bailout. Why do you think they are doing so well? The job you described sounds better than sitting on my ass eating cheetos, but that's just me I guess.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink

Pah-leese......who said "work" was supposed to be easy? Thank god they are hiring and people will get jobs. Don't worry, the unions will take better care of them than they should.

Yes, of course. There are plenty of corporation-haters here, even when the corporations are all who are hiring.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
You know what it reminds me of? The Great Depression. Job lines during the Great Depression.

But never fear. The Government says we aren't in a recession....

edit on 22-1-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Don't get me wrong because I'm Canadian but when I see things like that, truly it makes me want to shove a foot up any politician's rear that use the word "American Dream"

Ron Paul doesn't count!!! lol

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname

That's just work. If you want the money you do the time, simple as that.

Believe me I've done some bad jobs to feed the family. I'm lucky now I have a good one!

Besides, factory work aint that bad. Also a job is as good as the people you work with.
edit on 22/1/2012 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Well, that's hardly the corporations fault.
It's because you don't have proper balanced labor laws which would ensure better working conditions.
Corporations will always push the boundaries as much as they can to be as competitive as possible.
edit on 22-1-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

What's sad about working for a living? What do they expect? Are people hoping to get jobs where they do nothing all day and get paid like kings for it?

Work is hard...if you don't want to do it then don't stand in line to apply. Simple as that.

And yes...I can say that because I work for a major automotive manufacturer.
edit on 22-1-2012 by nyk537 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join