It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US carrier enters Gulf after Iran tones down threats

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Correct me if I am wrong however Iran only threatened to shut down the straights if they were attacked. They haven't been attacked. Despite all the tough talk they do not want war either. Sure they are probably bluffing however what has Iran done to us that we should be threatening war with them?
edit on 23-1-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Just as I suspected about Iran, all mouth and no trousers. Also now Chinese support has evaporated they only have the russians to rely upon, which isn't very reliable in itself.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

The Vodka wore off and they remembered they've had a bulls eye on them since the end of ww2.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
This is at everyone that tries to downplay the Iranian threats, and also a reminder of what these threats were:

Iran threatens US Navy

Iran threatened on Tuesday to take action if the U.S. Navy moves an aircraft carrier into the Gulf

Well, there it is.

Army chief Ataollah Salehi said the United States had moved an aircraft carrier out of the Gulf because of Iran's naval exercises, and Iran would take action if the ship returned.

"Iran will not repeat its warning...the enemy's carrier has been moved to the Sea of Oman because of our drill. I recommend and emphasize to the American carrier not to return to the Persian Gulf," he said.

Well, THERE IT IS.

"I advise, recommend and warn them over the return of this carrier to the Persian Gulf because we are not in the habit of warning more than once."

Hahahaha.. hear that? They don't warn people twice! Lmao.

So anyway this was the original threat by Iran. Saying things like "Nooo they didn't say THAT, they said that IF the US will do [this and that] ONLY THEN they will attack", is BS.

Iran threatened, US called their bluff, and now what?

I wonder who's going to be the next clown starting a 50 page thread detailing how the US will be destroyed in Hormuz, or how China/Russia are the best superpowers in the universe and they stand strong with Iran no matter what.

Well, here goes your bedtime stories. Courtesy or the US Navy. Now what?

Originally posted by hawkiye
Correct me if I am wrong however Iran only threatened to shut down the straights if they were attacked. They haven't been attacked. Despite all the tough talk they do not want war either. Sure they are probably bluffing however what has Iran done to us that we should be threatening war with them?

I suppose you can consider yourself to be corrected now.
edit on 23-1-2012 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Iran said they will shut down the straight regardless. But that bravery evaporated when China realized the allies weren't joking around.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

Sometimes in war arrogance is a required tool. In your case I salute your arrogance, it was in the right place.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

I find it sad that the world is fascinated with Iran's wooden torpedo boats and prop planes. Meanwhile the allies can strike a moving target the size of a football on the other side of the planet or from outer space. They think they can approach without us hearing, No morons, US police departments can plant little speakers that can pick up the sound of gun shots from miles away, tell you exactly where they came from and what caliber the weapon was. This is the tech we sell on the street for anyone to buy, there is no telling what the army has up its sleeve.
edit on 23-1-2012 by LongbottomLeaf because: typo-

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
Sometimes in war arrogance is a required tool. In your case I salute your arrogance, it was in the right place.

Well I can't really be arrogant of anything related to this incident as I'm not American, but yeah it was mostly addressed at the arrogance that was displayed by avid Iran supporters for no apparent reason.

It was shameful really.. We are going to kick US's ass in the upcoming war, sunburn this, Russia that, blah blah blah fast attack boats, yadda adda super undetected Iranian subs, *yawn* China supports us.. and so on.

Someone had to shut down this idiocy.

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf
I find it sad that the world is fascinated with Iran's wooden torpedo boats and prop planes. Meanwhile the allies can strike a moving target the size of a football on the other side of the planet or from outer space. They think they can approach without us hearing, No morons, US police departments can plant little speakers that can pick up the sound of gun shots from miles away, tell you exactly where they came from and what caliber the weapon was. This is the tech we sell on the street for anyone to buy, there is no telling what the army has up its sleeve.
edit on 23-1-2012 by LongbottomLeaf because: typo-

You should start a countdown until some ATS celeb sees your post and starts babbling about Russia's Nanotechnology and Iran's chemical weaponry and China's EMP and how they are going to completely destroy the US and it's allies in less than 24 hours.
edit on 23-1-2012 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Don't you love it though? The allies do not bluster or brag about what they have or can do they warn you what will happen if you do not comply if you dont listen they DO IT. Russia is full of hot air fresh from a pile of hot steaming crap. China is a disgrace to Asian intelligence and Iran is led by a cross eyed inbred with boats that would have been out dated in WW2.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

It is because Iran is not a threat. That is why the US wants to attack now. Iran is a easy game.

If Iran becomes a threat, its to late.

This is geopolitical strategy. Its about having total control over middle eastern assets. The US have a empire to take care of.

But it probably wont last as long as the Roman empire.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf

Don't you love it though? The allies do not bluster or brag about what they have or can do they warn you what will happen if you do not comply if you dont listen they DO IT. Russia is full of hot air fresh from a pile of hot steaming crap. China is a disgrace to Asian intelligence and Iran is led by a cross eyed inbred with boats that would have been out dated in WW2.

America is dominate, right?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Iran told the US not to send another carrier back through Hormuz and that they were only being warned that one time. This has nothing to do with shutting down the strait this was Iran specifically telling the US not to send a carrier back through. Well the US did and and called Iran's bluff and the carrier sailed through harmlessly. As we all knew it would.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sHuRuLuNi

No....Commies are worthless

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Iran is weak and spineless. Funny how PRESSTV was SO quick to post all of the bellicose rhetoric in articles about how the US shouldnt dare send a carrier back through the strait, then the US does and guess what? Nothing!!! PRESSTV has STFU.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
And so the war propaganda goes oh Iran is a threat to us so we have to play the bully. It's like a 10 year old threatening to beat up a 25 year old so where is the threat? The warmongers/profiteers, banksters, and oil tycoons just want to shore up thier oil markets and make sure Iran does not sell oil in other then dollars like Iraq did.

Iran is no threat to us have done nothing to us yet idiots think we ought to go to war with them... Sigh! Just shows you how many people still believe the lies put out by government and the MSM...

edit on 24-1-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Iran has no Air Force and no Navy.

They couldn't close the Straits unless we decided to let them drive their little Jon Boat and drop 1 jalopy sea mine at a time....

Who are the fools that thinks Iran has a military?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
US carrier enters Gulf after Iran tones down threats

www.jpost.com...

WOW!!!! Look at this all you WARMONGERs. The US sent a carrier right through Hormuz and totally called Irans' bluff. Guess what Iran did? NOTHING!!!!!! LMAO

Geez guys are you serious? Every time i log on i see a new thread about the same..stuff

same story different day. What does Saudi have to say about it. You dont think about that one do ya?
edit on 24-1-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Well, Iran have every right to feel threatened. Especially with the nut-jobs in control of America threatening other countries.

The people of the USA should take down their own corrupt government and get rid of those vile, war-mongering idiots who run the pentagon / white house.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Iran is weak and spineless. Funny how PRESSTV was SO quick to post all of the bellicose rhetoric in articles about how the US shouldnt dare send a carrier back through the strait, then the US does and guess what? Nothing!!! PRESSTV has STFU.

Were you wanting to see the Americans get their arses kicked?

I admit, it would be kinda refreshing to see.

Iran have done the cleverest thing and not taken the bait from the childish Americans and their toys.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
Iran has no Air Force and no Navy.

They couldn't close the Straits unless we decided to let them drive their little Jon Boat and drop 1 jalopy sea mine at a time....

Who are the fools that thinks Iran has a military?

Actually, they have a decent Navy for that region with their fast boats and subs. Their AF is ok, but how much training/flying are their pilots getting.

They could close the Straits any time they wanted to. The thing is, they wouldn't be able to keep them closed for long.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join