US carrier enters Gulf after Iran tones down threats

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

www.jpost.com...

WOW!!!! Look at this all you WARMONGERs. The US sent a carrier right through Hormuz and totally called Irans' bluff. Guess what Iran did? NOTHING!!!!!! LMAO

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Awesome news!

The US is walking...the rest just talking!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I wonder how all those jackasses feel now. You know all the morons on here fantasizing about Iran being a super power able to topple the US. I hope you feel retarded
Im gonna say what I always say when democrats are wrong...**ahem let me clear my thoat cough cough ....TOLD YA SO!***
edit on 22-1-2012 by LongbottomLeaf because: fixin a typo

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
there not the only ships in the gulf.
Australia is also there but doing anti-piracy

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Give it a while. I'm sure that this will embolden the lunatic fringe in Israel (mostly a decent nation with decently sane politicians, but constantly put at risk by crazies in their government). Once the Iranian people get wind of this, they're also going to probably to demand that something be done.

Either way, I fail to see how those who thought that Iran would do something are warmongers. Honestly, a lot of the same people seem to simply want to stay out of the whole Iran affair, making them quite the opposite of warmongers.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace

www.jpost.com...

WOW!!!! Look at this all you WARMONGERs. The US sent a carrier right through Hormuz and totally called Irans' bluff. Guess what Iran did? NOTHING!!!!!! LMAO

So what's your point? Of course their not going to do anything, but we're keeping up with our end of the bargain, we're not going to either...just yet. They know what needs to be done to keep peace. And we're giving them a very long opportunity to do so. When they shut down their nuke program, we'll turn our carrier's around.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by J.Son79
When they shut down their nuke program, we'll turn our carrier's around.

What if there is no nuke program, outside of energy?

Aircraft carriers going to change their postal codes?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
iran wont want to look weak so its got something brewing

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf

I wonder how all those jackasses feel now. You know all the morons on here fantasizing about Iran being a super power able to topple the US. I hope you feel retarded
Im gonna say what I always say when democrats are wrong...**ahem let me clear my thoat cough cough ....TOLD YA SO!***
edit on 22-1-2012 by LongbottomLeaf because: fixin a typo

What those "jackasses" mean is, if Iran acquires nuclear capability, it will make Iran a much stronger nation with far more sweeping political powers. Of course Iran can't topple the U.S. right now, nor does the U.S. want to topple Iran. We don't want Iran having nukes due to the problems they will cause through out the middle east. With the world depending on some many of middle eastern resources, we can't take that chance. Too much at stake.

You haven't proved anything yet, so don't jump the gun just yet. But hopefully we'll see Iran come to their senses soon through diplomacy and we'll never have to see the day Iran become nuclear and what they may do. Or what it will do to the region. If we ever see that day, I promise you will wish you'd thought different about this. You will wish the U.S. and Israel would have acted.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Well, there are some things going on in the country that's not right. There are many underground facilities that don't want us seeing what's going on. If Iran's true purpose is nuclear energy, then lets have them meet our president and talk things out. Work out a treaty of sorts. Let them come to the international stage and promise the world through a contractual agreement that that's not what their after. Let all areas be inspected by different organizations.

But for some reason, they won't do that. They've been trying to acquire nuclear weapons for a long time now, or at least since the early 80's. They also would love nothing more then to see the U.S. breakdown along with our allies. I'll bet the farm and all the cows, chickens too, that Iran is going for nuclear weapons, not energy.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Set up for the false flag excuse? Seems possible to me. Here's a link, and well worth reading-

whatreallyhappened.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

You seem a little too excited in your OP. From the article you linked:

The carrier USS Abraham Lincoln completed a "regular and routine" passage through the strait, a critical gateway for the region's oil exports, "as previously scheduled and without incident," said Lieutenant Rebecca Rebarich, a spokeswoman for the US Fifth Fleet.

Sounds pretty mundane to me. What did you think was going to happen?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Well, there are some things going on in the country that's not right. There are many underground facilities that don't want us seeing what's going on. If Iran's true purpose is nuclear energy, then lets have them meet our president and talk things out. Work out a treaty of sorts. Let them come to the international stage and promise the world through a contractual agreement that that's not what their after. Let all areas be inspected by different organizations.

Okay mate, the US and Israel can do the same for the rest of the world then.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by J.Son79

Are you not on top of things or just slow? The US steamed into Hormuz and Iran turned tail you tell me what happened...

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace

Who are you to call anyone a warmonger? I haven't gone by one day without seeing blatent hypocrisy lately. You are laughing at and seem to be enjoying a provocative act which could effectively lead to the death of thousands of civilians. You are the warmonger my friend.

PS; What is the bluff? I can't work out what you are reffering to. If you refer to the closing of the hormuz straight, then you are way off on your timelines. Iran mentioned that if Oil embargos/sanctions are imposed against it, then they will attempt to close the straight AS SOON AS THE SANCTIONS "COME INTO EFFECT".

Guess what, the sanctions have not been applied yet, not for the US imposed ones and neither have the EU (puppet) sanctions.
Heres a credible source on this matter; www.parliament.uk...

The US sanctions (oil embargo) do not come into effect for another 6 months and the EU ones have not even been agreed upon.

If you were reffering to the "bluff" (still don't get what your at, by saying that). in which Iran said if the US aircraft carrier which left previously was planning to return to the gulf of oman, then it "should not come back". MSM have repeatedly spun this statement into a franchise of warmongering rhetoric in the west. Making it appear as some kind of threat issued by Iran assuming a missile strike or pre-emptive attack. This is what the US wants, and the reason Iran has not engaged with these aircraft carriers is because it wants the world to see that the US are the only warmongering provocateurs within the gulf's region at this moment in time.

It is nothing more than a statement of a nation who wishes to keep their sovereignty. Besides the translation can easily have been written into one of these messages; "Don't come back"... "This is our land"... "You don't belong here"... "You have no authority in this part of the planet" or something along the lines of that. It is a message saying they HAVE NO RIGHT.

Don't you see, the US thinks it can walk over nations, Iran knows it cannot. This is why Iran has not attacked the US vessels in the region. Because that is exactly what the US wants in order to justify Israels joint invasion with the US, UK, and NATO.

Fast asleep with the fishies.

PS; Same goes to the others who find this amusing or seem to be making some kind of pathetic entertaining sport out of it all. Wake up.
edit on 22/1/2012 by InsideYourMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

reply to post by J.Son79

Are you not on top of things or just slow? The US steamed into Hormuz and Iran turned tail you tell me what happened...

Sure, I'll tell you what happened. The U.S. is projecting power, that's what is happening. The U.S., Britain, and France are showing Iran that they are serious about this issue and what will possibly come next if diplomacy fails. You guys are acting as if we attacked Iran by going through the straight, no, we didn't attack Iran. We're just showing them that they're running out of options here.

This should be proof to all of you that call us "war-monger's" that we are trying our damnest to give the Iranians a chance. Why don't you see that? Because Iran says so? You believe them? Go live with them then, I'm sure you'll find a new kind of peace and soon enough see that the grass is not always greener.

So what happened is, Iran said, if America comes through the Strait again, they won't be warned a second time. Issued that statement twice I believe, right after they threatened to close the strait. But it looks like Iran was just full of it. Full of it, you know? As in, their full of it when they say their nuke program is peaceful as well.
edit on 23-1-2012 by J.Son79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by posthuman

Okay mate, the US and Israel can do the same for the rest of the world then.

Why should the U.S. do the same thing? We have way to many other countries and interests out there to protect from rogue countries like Iran going nuclear. So we should dismantle ours so some other country can rise up and do what Iran is trying to do? Then who will protect them?

The U.S. has many countries and allies it's vowed to protect because of specific interests that are vital to the American engine. Just as the American engine is also vital to many other countries for specific reasons. Iran does not have this responsibility, therefore, they do not need nukes. Someone, rather you realize it or not has to moderate. The U.S. should do it rightfully so. Especially because of countries like Iran.

Nope, sorry, we have to many to account for to just up and lay down our arms. Not going to happen. Iran on the other hand does not. Big difference.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

reply to post by J.Son79

Hey read this again, I think you missed out on something.

arrival comes after Iran backed away from earlier threat of action; US Navy says transit through Strait of Hormuz routine.

When i read this. I Read that the arrival comes after Iran backed away from earlier threats.

As long as the carrier group is in the strait, there is no danger of at leas the US attacking Iran. But its a big advantage for Iran to have the carrier this close. They can use a larger specter of weapons to attack it, because of less range to target.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by J.Son79

Thats what I'm saying Iran, Russia and China even when combined are a joke. All the tough talking haters can put that in their pipes an smoke it.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

China crapped their pants and called off support, Russia not wanting to depend on a worthless middle eastern country that depends on wooden boats and prop planes followed suit. Iran is just that. I RAN.None out of the three have seasoned troops. I'm not supporting war or Imperialism at all I'm just saying don't be stupid the US culture and society is based on bloodshed.
edit on 23-1-2012 by LongbottomLeaf because:

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join