It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Video Games Predict The Future.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Hello ATSer's

When you think of video games what comes to mind? Violence, nerds, fun? I bet it isn't prophecy! In this thread I am going to bring to light 3 creepy, insane and damn right cool prediction made (and comfirmed) by video games.

1. Fallout 3

Fallout 3 was a fantastic game that was released in 2008. It was based on surviring in a post nuclear apocalypse. While wondering the nuclear wasteland of Wasington DC cutting up bandits and rummaging for food, you can listen to a radio station hosted by a DJ called 'Three Dog'.

And here's where it gets weird....

Now I know what your gonna say, "Well, your saying that Fallout is predicting nuclear war!". Well maybe it is but thats not what I'm saying. No, Fallout 3's predictions are smaller and more obscure.

While listening to Fallout 3's in game radio, strange messages written in morse code can be heard:

Apparently there are four of these messages, two of which have come true and two that have yet too. One message reads:

one-two-five-five-two-eight-two-zero-one-zero. What you talking about? You’ll be missed.

Do those numbers and words make any sense to you? No? They should, they are the catch phrase and time of death of the legend that is Garry Coleman. Who died 12.05 (“one-two-five”) on May 28th (“five-two-eight”) 2010 (“two-zero-one-zero”).

Still not convinced? How about something a little bigger! How about the correct prediction of the Deepwater Horizon disaster:

nine-four-five four-two-zero two-zero-one-zero. Accident in the gulf, several dead. Oil spill apparently averted

The date of the Deepwater Event was 9.45 (nine-four-five) April 20th (four-two-zero) 2010 (two-zero-one-zero). Now for those of you who say "Screw you, there was an oil spill" remember that BP originally said a spill was highly unlikely.

There are still two prediction that have yet to come true:

four-zero-two-one-nine-two-zero-one-four. The Queen has died today. The world mourns as on days like these we are all Brits

This message is predicting that queen Elizabeth will die at 4:02 (four-zero-two) 19th (one-nine) 2014 (two-zero-one-four). And then theres an even weirder perhaps even more horrifying prediction:

two-one-three-three-two-seven-two-two-zero-two-three. I can’t believe Britney’s won an Oscar

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, we have a new 'end of the world' date!

2. Deus Ex

Deus Ex

Deus Exwas released in June of 2000. A game set in the future, it was all about conspiracies involving MJ12, The illuminati, terrorism, basically it was made for everyone who reads ATS. But what could a game about the worlds shadowy elite have predicted?

And here's where it gets really weird.....

Well, 9/11 of coarse:

During sections of the game where the New York skyline is visible in the background, the two towers of the World Trade Center are noticeably missing; the real towers were destroyed a year after the game was released. Harvey Smith has explained that due to texture memory limitations, the portion of the skyline with the twin towers exists in the game's data files but had to be left out of the final game, with the other half mirrored in place of it. According to Smith, during the game's development, the developers justified the lack of the towers by stating that terrorists had destroyed the World Trade Center earlier in the game's storyline

So due to the lack of the graphical powers of the time, they had to leave out the twin towers and instead say they were destroyed in a terror attack. Sounds fair but what with its connections to the Illuminati, I thought Deus Ex had to make this thread.

3. Final Fantasy VIII

Released in February 1999 Final Fantasy VIII was the 8th installment in the long running RPG franchise. Boasting some top notch graphics (atleast at the time) the game sold just over 8 million copies. But appart from its ability to shift units FFVIII had the power to predict the future of technology.

[And here's where it gets really wierd.....

Now not all games have to predict current affairs (if they have to predict anything at all). Some games like to predict more mundane things, more practical things.

In the picture above you can clearly see Squall (The main character) correctly predicting the end of standard defination broadcasting and the use of internet based communcation. FFVIII predicted this a full 5 years before Europe even started broadcasting HDTV.

Pretty cool.

At the moment these are all I can find but I'm sure, out there in the weird and wonderful world of video games lies the truth to not only the future but the Universe and God as well.

Hope you enjoyed it.

ALS

edit on 22-1-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-1-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
1. Fallout 3
Apparently there are four of these message, two which have come true and two yet have yet too.

Not true.
A hoax from years ago.

Is this the most elaborate gaming hoax of all time?
Ridiculous Fallout 3 conspiracy theory debunked

gamesradar

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Ah you trashed my thread on the first comment.

Guess I should have done my research better, oh well this was never meant as a serious thread anyway.

ALS

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Jungle strike & desert strike for sega genesis (92-93 era)
1st level: terrorist w/ suicide bombers (that wore turbans) invaded d.c
And are destroying the historic sites of D.C

Remember those?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

In the picture above you can clearly see Squall (The main character) correctly predicting the end of standard defination broadcasting and the use of internet based communcation. FFVIII predicted this a full 5 years before Europe even started broadcasting HDTV.

Google "tomorrows world" it was a science & technology program on tv in the UK during the seventies and eighties.......HDTV had been on the cards for decades......many years before FFVIII came out.

Not a triumph of a thread to be honest.......no offence intended.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
In Call of duty Black ops you kill castro in a way that was later mirrored by seal team 6 killing bin laden.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
First post...

I just wanted to comment that Ghost Recon, the first one, is a bang-on prediction of the Russian attack on Georgia

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Well even if one turned out to be a hoax, kudos to you for including two of my favorite video games. I will be interested in seeing if anyone else has any interesting games to contribute.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
In Call of duty Black ops you kill castro in a way that was later mirrored by seal team 6 killing bin laden.

Your right it does. I might add that to the op.

ALS

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I played Fallout New Vagas and it predicted that I will be the new leader of New Vagas as soon as i kill Mr House
Look out world im going to be your next leader

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

interesting will be saving this for later

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
While not spot on Homefront came eerily close to predicting Kim Jong-il's death. They were only off by two weeks.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I think Call of Duty MW3 needs to make the list. That game pretty much predicts the future just by it's slogan alone: WW3. And in the game the fight is against the Russians....

Also BF3 needs to make it too.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
good job OP, proven hoax or not I never paid attention to the fallout 3 messages. good eyes

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
While not spot on Homefront came eerily close to predicting Kim Jong-il's death. They were only off by two weeks.

I was going to add Homefront but it was slightly out so I didn't l.

ALS

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

Yeah, even though it seems it's a hoax I well worth a read for fictional purposes.

ALS

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL

Your right it does. I might add that to the op.

ALS

Scariest part of all is that Call of Duty, Battlefield 3, Bad company 2, to name the most popular, all have groups staging false flag framing terrorist attacks that lead to nuclear bombs being detonated in New York City that enevitibly leads the world to war. The common theme is the U.s and allies versus China, Russia and the Middle east coalition to name a few. In either game the U.S takes it hard and the world is at war again with Russia and China plus many other countries as the AXIS.

Battlefield 3 -This next video shows the Russians trying to stop a Paris Nuke meant to look like the Russian did it. They find it but it was a decoy. Nuke goes off. World hates Russia

Call of Duty MW3 - Again. Paris bomb.

MW 2 - The re taking of the white house from the Russians before they nuke the skies.

edit on 23-1-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I'm sorry but I have to completely disagree with you. In Black Ops you're inserted in the antagonizing country pre-raid and have to fight your way quite a distance to get to "Castro" before you storm in and kill him. When Seal Team 6 killed Osama they were in and out on stealthy choppers if we're to believe the story we've been presented. The only similarity between the two is the fact that you have to bust down a door and the antagonist is with a woman.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
How about the game Homefront? Watch the trailer.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Space invaders?
you shoot down alien craft ,but the more you shoot the faster they come as well as destroying your bases ,I believe it was set on the moon

edit on 23-1-2012 by 12voltz because: this was cutting edge at one stage

top topics

<<   2 >>

join