It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tired of the Ron Paul Bandwagon???

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mrgregbusybee

Nice centralizing with this "the people that are riding and hoping for Ron Paul are anti-war, pro-drugs, anti-gay marriage."

I'm anti war as EVERY PERSON SHOULD BE WHO HAS SENSE, LOL.
I'm anti drugs as every one should be xD
I'm pro gay marriage cuz love is love no matter what.
And?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Newt absolutely is the smartest of the candidates....I honestly don't think you'll get another candidate to disagree with that. Romney and Santorium have said that he's an intelligent man. I really don't care for newt either....i do believe he wouldn't leave our country weak and vulnerable. but the fact is we have to choose a candidate that on a % wise, has more good qualities than bad and at this time in our country, I believe foreign policy is very important for our future.

I think newt is an asshole actually

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Newt absolutely is the smartest of the candidates....I honestly don't think you'll get another candidate to disagree with that.
Did Newt Gingrich predict the economic collapse? Nope! He was busy making millions advising one of the major companies associated with the foreclosures! But Ron Paul was there, warning the country that an economic collapse was right around the corner. He's the intelligent one, not Jabba the Newt.

In a debate question, most candidates, including Newt World Order, said that they would be doing something like watching a sports game if they weren't at the debate. What did Ron Paul say he'd be doing? Reading an economics textbook.

edit on 22-1-2012 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833

Nice centralizing with this "the people that are riding and hoping for Ron Paul are anti-war, pro-drugs, anti-gay marriage."

I'm anti war as EVERY PERSON SHOULD BE WHO HAS SENSE, LOL.
I'm anti drugs as every one should be xD
I'm pro gay marriage cuz love is love no matter what.
And?

What do you want me to say here......lol. that your right?? war is never going to go away...it's sad but it will be there. so you have to protect our country and be prepared for it. that's the fact and truth. you need a president that's gonna allow your freedoms to remain in place so you can be who you want to be. foreign policy is an important topic....paul's foreign policy is naive and ignorant.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I think he just wants you to acknowledge that you made a massive generalization by assuming that all Ron Paul supporters are pro-drugs and anti-gay marriage, and I would like the same.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

Newt absolutely is the smartest of the candidates....I honestly don't think you'll get another candidate to disagree with that.
Did Newt Gingrich predict the economic collapse? Nope! He was busy making millions advising one of the major companies associated with the foreclosures! But Ron Paul was there, warning the country that an economic collapse was right around the corner. He's the intelligent one, not Jabba the Newt.

In a debate question, most candidates, including Newt World Order, said that they would be doing something like watching a sports game if they weren't at the debate. What did Ron Paul say he'd be doing? Reading an economics textbook.

i'm not on newts train here.... not in the least. i'm undecided to be honest with you. i'm simply stating the things that i believe in. no, i don't know each one of their iq's but i've seen their debates and i've listened to what each one has said about one another and i've heard a couple candidates publicly state that newt is a smart man....that's all....lol. i personally think newt is arrogant and narcissistic ... i like his foreign policy and his military stance

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

You have not yet connected your own dots....how do we become weak and vulnerable if North Korea takes the South....please explain.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Probably one of the best responses I've read. Very well thought out and informative. I can agree to a degree.

Thank you. I saved the lengthy quote.. too much scrolling..lol

I will also agree to disagree. My viewpoint on the world is such that I am ok with the Koreas uniting again (even if it is through war) and other things of that variety. Sadly, corrections need to happen and people will ie as a result. I am a pragmatist to a fault. I would love it if there was a painless way for everything to eventually go back to happy and peaceful, but there isn't. In my view, eventually something will give.. either we let people sort things out on their own terms, or they drag us down with it.

My first priority is my family. Thinking long term, how can I support perpetual war knowing that it condems my family to a lifetime of ever draconian security restrictions and tyrrany? I simply cannot. Since the cord must eventually be cut, better to cut it now, than delay the inevitable.

The biggest test of our resolve is not what we are willing to fight against happily but what we are willing to fight for even when it hurts. It hurts me to admit that the right way to go leaves millions in other countries to die; however, I believe it is the only right way to go.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

I think he just wants you to acknowledge that you made a massive generalization by assuming that all Ron Paul supporters are pro-drugs and anti-gay marriage, and I would like the same.

oh...my mistake. i shouldn't put every ron paul candidate into a category. my point with that opening line about ron paul was basically to say that there are many points that people can pick and choose to argue about ron paul or any candidate. i know not everyone believes in everything a candidate believes in. so i wasn't trying to imply that everybody that votes for ron paul believes in all his policies. I was trying to say i'm only gonna argue one fact and that was foreign policy and how it's basically naive to believe it's plausible to happen and not leave us vulnerable and open

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrgregbusybee
reply to post by sonnny1

...i do believe he wouldn't leave our country weak and vulnerable.

Seriously???

The USA with its massive spending budget, is the principal determinant of the current world trend, and its military expenditure now accounts for just under half of the world total, at 43% of the world total;

World military expenditure in 2010 is estimated to have reached $1.62 trillion in current dollars;

LINK

Kind of hard to leave the country weak and vulnerable,with these type of statistics.........

We both know that faucet wont close anytime soon.

I will say this. Ron Paul says he will bring the troops home. How will he accomplish it?

Congress wouldn't let him. MHO

Great quote from source................

Of all the enemies to public liberty war is, perhaps, the most to be dreaded because it comprises and develops the germ of every other. War is the parent of armies; from these proceed debts and taxes … known instruments for bringing the many under the domination of the few.… No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare.~James Madison

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Reposted because you chose not to respond the first time.

"The word you used was "deserves" I believe? Deserves and maybe a reason for the "supposed" 9/11 attacks are to different things all together.

Mr Greg, tell me what you think of this anology?

Let's use dogs!

The US is a pitbull. Random Muslim country, let's say Iran, is a Chihuahua.

In a fight, not too much of a contest between the Pitbull and the Chihuahua.

Now poke that Chihuahua with a stick a few times. Will it attempt to bite you? Sure, no matter how big you are. "

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

i'm not on newts train here.... not in the least. i'm undecided to be honest with you. i'm simply stating the things that i believe in. no, i don't know each one of their iq's but i've seen their debates and i've listened to what each one has said about one another and i've heard a couple candidates publicly state that newt is a smart man....that's all....lol.
Oh, so now you're just saying that you heard he was a smart guy. You remind me of that YouTube video posted on this website recently where some guy was being interviewed, and he talked about voting for Gingrich because he heard that he was smart and could beat Obama.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

There you go again!

Interjecting sensibility and reason!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

lil old me??

nah.........

BTW,I have to think a little harder,before I post strong-armed opinion.

Dont want to dilute the response with facts,you know....................

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

Probably one of the best responses I've read. Very well thought out and informative. I can agree to a degree.

Thank you. I saved the lengthy quote.. too much scrolling..lol

I will also agree to disagree. My viewpoint on the world is such that I am ok with the Koreas uniting again (even if it is through war) and other things of that variety. Sadly, corrections need to happen and people will ie as a result. I am a pragmatist to a fault. I would love it if there was a painless way for everything to eventually go back to happy and peaceful, but there isn't. In my view, eventually something will give.. either we let people sort things out on their own terms, or they drag us down with it.

My first priority is my family. Thinking long term, how can I support perpetual war knowing that it condems my family to a lifetime of ever draconian security restrictions and tyrrany? I simply cannot. Since the cord must eventually be cut, better to cut it now, than delay the inevitable.

The biggest test of our resolve is not what we are willing to fight against happily but what we are willing to fight for even when it hurts. It hurts me to admit that the right way to go leaves millions in other countries to die; however, I believe it is the only right way to go.

And to you sir, I can respect your opinion. I also believe in my family and family is number 1. I think you are more optimistic than I am in regards to having faith in other countries. I believe 50 years ago, if we would've taken Ron Paul's policies, we would be a better country today. I think he's too late. I also believe that war, as bad as everyone hates it, will be a part of this country for many many years in the future.

Yes, your way would condemn millions of people to die that we said we would protect and give allegiance to. I don't know if that's the right answer...I do believe we as a country would be naive to believe though that by us minding our business and remaining out of any diplomatic, acts of aggression or any type of assistance is naive because of the other countries that we know condemn us as a country. By your thought process, a president could get into office and say, if you aren't with us, you're against us and wipe those countries down to rubble...then we can have peace worldwide. I don't know..... i really don't know the answer to world wide peace!!

ya know, my favorite band is PJ (off topic i know) and Ed Vedder believes that the people should take every leader of each country, throw them in a room until they sort all the bullsh*t out and don't let them out until they do. I would like to think that human beings could do this but the sad fact is...there are radicals that will never appreciate or believe in our countries policies and ways of life. I really don't have an answer buddy...I wish i did. For now, I think we have to be prepared and able to attack until something changes and that doesn't necessarily mean changes with us.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

you made the statements - it's not anyone's job to disprove you. he has a long record of votes that are pretty clear. it's funny that political debates devolve into the techniques of pseudoscience - "prove i'm not right"

BS

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
The biggest evidence imo that you're simply dead wrong that we need to maintain or expand military expenditures is a vast amount of support Paul has from the military. They are weary of being corporate pawns. They know first hand none of our actions "keep us safe" .. that they are not a detriment to attacks against us, that they cause hate and anger because of political folly's from DC. They are used and abused by politicians for corporate interest.. and asshats like you call it "defense" .. it's not defense, it's offensive econo/political maneuvering for the sake of the bottom line, it doesn't keep us safe at night.

They know this. They've known it. And are obviously tired of being used, abused, then cast aside when not needed anymore and left with subpar care when they get home.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

i'm not on newts train here.... not in the least. i'm undecided to be honest with you. i'm simply stating the things that i believe in. no, i don't know each one of their iq's but i've seen their debates and i've listened to what each one has said about one another and i've heard a couple candidates publicly state that newt is a smart man....that's all....lol.
Oh, so now you're just saying that you heard he was a smart guy. You remind me of that YouTube video posted on this website recently where some guy was being interviewed, and he talked about voting for Gingrich because he heard that he was smart and could beat Obama.

Look pal, what substance do you want? remind you of a youtube video...? I could care less if you hate Newt. I said I wasn't riding his train either what i did say is I believe newt would not leave our country vulnerable and weak to attack because of his foreign policies as I believe Paul's foreign policies will.

RP quote for you: “Freedom is not defined by safety. Freedom is defined by the ability of citizens to live without government interference."

That's the kind of statements that your RP makes.... does that sound like a man that is going to protect our country and be prepared for war. or better yet...do you think ron paul will pull the trigger when it's needed and we should be at war?? when his policy allows attacks in our homeland...and you get pissed off and want us to retaliate...will he pull the trigger? i don't believe he would....

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrgregbusybee
ya know, my favorite band is PJ (off topic i know) and Ed Vedder believes that the people should take every leader of each country, throw them in a room until they sort all the bullsh*t out and don't let them out until they do. I would like to think that human beings could do this but the sad fact is...there are radicals that will never appreciate or believe in our countries policies and ways of life. I really don't have an answer buddy...I wish i did. For now, I think we have to be prepared and able to attack until something changes and that doesn't necessarily mean changes with us.

There was a great quote from the movie "The Postman"

Wouldn't it be great if wars could be fought just by the assholes who started them?

I appreciate the sane and rational discussion/debate with ya on the matter. I would like to think that I am right on this issue, but to be perfectly frank, I really don't know. Neither does Paul, Romney, Gingrich, Santorum, or Obama. I think the best thing we can hope for is to have a good person in the oval office and some level of sanity.

There's always hope for compromise and diplomacy, so long as noone is slashing anyone's throats.

Just occurred to me..

If North Korea invades South Korea and South Korea asks the United States to help stop them, I do believe that Paul will view that as being in the interest of US National Security and would decimate North Korea.. then come home again. Perhaps that sheds a differant light on the matter? It's ok to intervene when a friend has aked you to and you are not hurting yourself or your family in the process.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Your ignorance is plenteous.
I have but two questions.

Are you a Christian?
Have you ever been outside of the U.S.?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join