It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tired of the Ron Paul Bandwagon???

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

If NK wants to attack SK and truly does not care what the US thinks or about repercussions those 30,000 troops on the border are not gonna stop them, it will just mean more US casualty's. Our troops are not gonna be able to stop those artillery shells from hitting Seoul whether we are there or not.

The FACT remains NK Or Iran can not at this time project their military power on our nation.

Im saying bringing our troops home would make us stronger. We can defend our border, we will not be spread to thinly across the world. This would also help the economy out now which is a real threat to the daily lives of the average joes trying to make ends meet.

To say if we bring the troops home we will wake up one morning next week seeing ICBMS flying over our states and foreign soldiers and tanks in our streets is stupid. My number one concern right now is American citizens not Israel or SK.

And currently the worst threat to our citizens is the diminishing economy, extinction of the middle class, and corrupt politicians with agendas other than serving we the people.

Right now that is more of a threat to us directly than Iran or NK.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

Originally posted by mrgregbusybee

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by mrgregbusybee

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt until you mentioned "Deserved 9/11"

I'm not an avid Paul supporter. I think he has many pros, and many unseen cons. However, I've never seen or heard him say that America deserved 9/11. Quite the opposite.

But if you want to bash a man for pursuing answers to questions that weren't asked by others, then I guess the public should remain blind.

Research ron Paul and his beliefs on 9/11. That's all you have to do. He says america to a degree deserved the events that happened on 9/11. i wouldn't publicly bash something I made up. I have read it, more than once....it's been publicly discussed....

Yet it has been so publicly discussed that you still don't understand that he never said we deserved 9/11. If you really researched this topic like you said you did, you would understand that his sentiments toward 9/11 is that INTELLIGENCE (DoD, CIA, Pentagon, 9/11 commission report) ALL AGREE with his statements that our foreign policy was a MAJOR factor in all of this.

You have been caught on quite a few 'fibs' (being nice to you here) in this thread yet still continue to further spread more.

fibs? did the man not state that america deserved what happened to it on 9/11? did those words or words similar to that come from the mans mouth? yes or no

Uh.....NOPE. He didn't.

This is known, not even the MSM try to attack him on this. He BLAMES the government/foreign policy/military industrial complex and he is CORRECT, like intelligence proves him tobe. He DOES NOT BLAME America or Americans. He NEVER said America or Americans deserved 9/11.

he did in-fact blame americans and later was asked to clarify his statement....yes?

What? He NEVER blamed Americans, what part of that don't you understand?

This is the ORIGINAL Ron Paul vs Rudy Giuliani video clip from the debates in 2007 that is TYPICALLY in question.

Mind you, like I said earlier, the CIA, DoD, Pentagon, and 9/11 commission report ALL AGREE with Ron Paul's questioning of our foreign policy and the role it played with 9/11.

THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE.

edit on 23-1-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

I appreciate you posting this clip... i will also respect you opinions because you seem to be a man of fortitude and strong morals from your posts. I do not understand how you can view that clip and still believe this is the man you want for a president. I'm sorry... giulianni did put those words , "i can't believe you would say that we invited 9/11 attacks because we were attacking iraq....etc"... those weren't his exact words... however; he damn sure didn't dispute what giulianni said but basically said it what do you think would happen...what would we do if they were in our gulf...etc. i agree with you as to the reasons of 9/11 and who was at fault. i believe RP is far to liberal in his views on war and military use to successfully be our president. thanks tho for taking the time to post that and defend your stance on RP and my opposition of him and his foreign policy.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

It is one thing to be objective of Ron Paul's policies (or any candidate for that matter) but spreading outright LIES, enters the level of ignorance.

And the OP was caught on telling many lies and blurring the lines between fact and fiction (fantasy) to back his original points in attacking Ron Paul's foreign policies.

WHAT LIE...my opinion is my opinion. you have yours...right? I have absolutely NO reason to lie. Just because I don't believe in his foreign policy and what I believe it will cause for our future does NOT mean I've lied about anything.... I admitted when I was wrong and mis-spoke about allies earlier...however; i have not posted on comment with an intent to lie or out of ignorance. blurring lines, I haven't blurred any lines. You disagree and believe his foreign policy is one that is what this country needs. Of course you are going to read my points and my arguments with eyes half closed because you are set in your thoughts and mind. It wouldn't matter what I said...or anyone else that is OPPOSED to ron paul...you feel you are right and that's it. everyone else is a liar and wrong....

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010

The FACT remains NK Or Iran can not at this time project their military power on our nation.

Sigh.....

Because our ALLIES are in need of our logistics,and support,we cannot leave in the time frame you desire.

They will PROJECT THEIR military on our ALLIES. PERIOD.

It is easier.

I am done trying to point this out to you. It serves NO purpose to try any more.

PEACE

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt until you mentioned "Deserved 9/11"

I'm not an avid Paul supporter. I think he has many pros, and many unseen cons. However, I've never seen or heard him say that America deserved 9/11. Quite the opposite.

But if you want to bash a man for pursuing answers to questions that weren't asked by others, then I guess the public should remain blind.

Research ron Paul and his beliefs on 9/11. That's all you have to do. He says america to a degree deserved the events that happened on 9/11. i wouldn't publicly bash something I made up. I have read it, more than once....it's been publicly discussed....

Yet it has been so publicly discussed that you still don't understand that he never said we deserved 9/11. If you really researched this topic like you said you did, you would understand that his sentiments toward 9/11 is that INTELLIGENCE (DoD, CIA, Pentagon, 9/11 commission report) ALL AGREE with his statements that our foreign policy was a MAJOR factor in all of this.

You have been caught on quite a few 'fibs' (being nice to you here) in this thread yet still continue to further spread more.

fibs? did the man not state that america deserved what happened to it on 9/11? did those words or words similar to that come from the mans mouth? yes or no

Uh.....NOPE. He didn't.

This is known, not even the MSM try to attack him on this. He BLAMES the government/foreign policy/military industrial complex and he is CORRECT, like intelligence proves him tobe. He DOES NOT BLAME America or Americans. He NEVER said America or Americans deserved 9/11.

he did in-fact blame americans and later was asked to clarify his statement....yes?

What? He NEVER blamed Americans, what part of that don't you understand?

This is the ORIGINAL Ron Paul vs Rudy Giuliani video clip from the debates in 2007 that is TYPICALLY in question.

Mind you, like I said earlier, the CIA, DoD, Pentagon, and 9/11 commission report ALL AGREE with Ron Paul's questioning of our foreign policy and the role it played with 9/11.

THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE.

I appreciate you posting this clip... i will also respect you opinions because you seem to be a man of fortitude and strong morals from your posts. I do not understand how you can view that clip and still believe this is the man you want for a president. I'm sorry... giulianni did put those words , "i can't believe you would say that we invited 9/11 attacks because we were attacking iraq....etc"... those weren't his exact words... however; he damn sure didn't dispute what giulianni said but basically said it what do you think would happen..

You're only seeing what you want to see because you've been subscribing to a lie that Ron Paul said we deserved 9/11 (and many other lies for that matter but we'll save it for another conversation). Now that you have been proven wrong about it, we can move past that, unless you don't want to and have any EVIDENCE you would like to provide in a counter-argument.

And again, you take something GIULIANI said (so he could win the audience) and Ron's response to it (explaining and reasoning patiently without refuting Giuliani outright) as an example of Ron Paul saying that we deserved 9/11. Do you not understand your own logic here?

After that particular debate, Rudy Giuliani went on to say how we were (in summary) attacked for our freedom and prosperity, again, pandering to the pain and suffering of those affected by 9/11. FACTS and INTELLIGENCE prove him wrong, yet you give him so much credence when he attempted to question Ron and was sent packing with REASON, HISTORY, INTELLIGENCE AND LOGIC.

Hell, in a press conference a day or two after, Ron Paul suggested reading material for Rudy Giuliani and was joking about expecting an apology after he READ those books.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kluute

Lol ridiculous thread.

And the fact that you don;t support Ron Paul means you support the worlds most corrupt governmental system!
edit on 23/1/2012 by Kluute because: (no reason given)

and the fact that you do support ron paul indicates your liberal views are so far out of reality and what is really happening around you that there's no point in holding a discussion with you. for your safety and safety of our future, i'm glad ron paul has 0 chance of winning the nomination

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I'm out too.

Hopefully sooner or later they'll get it

PEACE

edit on 23-1-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by ker2010

Sigh.....

Because our ALLIES are in need of our logistics,and support,we cannot leave in the time frame you desire.

They will PROJECT THEIR military on our ALLIES. PERIOD.

It is easier.

I am done trying to point this out to you. It serves NO purpose to try any more.

PEACE

If you think Israel doesnt have the capability to defend itself from Iran when its own leaders said it didnt need the US to defend it it serves no purpose trying to talk to you anymore.

Our allies arent all defenseless ya know, but keep living in fear while the economy tanks. Im sure those allies will welcome you with open arms when things become unbearable here.

edit on 23-1-2012 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Right because every time somebody gets caught selling a lie as fact, all of a sudden it is an opinion.

Three of your lies/delusions off the top of my head:

1) Ron Paul SAID Americans deserved 9/11
2) China and Japan are allies - you tried to explain this away as a mistake but you were caught using this LIE, twice.
3) If we leave South Korea, Japan WILL NUKE D.C. - I've been asking for proof or intelligence from this but you've yet to provide any, only except that you KNOW it will happen because Japanese tourists have been visiting Pearl Harbor to view it's bombing as a victory.

I am positive I can find more throughout this entire thread because I remember being disappointed by your lies way more times than just three.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

I think it's safe to say that we agree that Ron Paul blames our actions against Iraq and middle eastern countries on the 9/11 attacks... that it was a retaliatory attack because of our actions militarily...?? Sugar coat it however you like to....that's the meat and potatoes of his stance on 9/11. The cause and effect scenario, if we didn't f*ck with Iraq and the middle east, the wouldn't have f*cked with us....? Is that fair to say???

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Do you think 9/11 would have happened if our foreign policy had been different?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

i'm glad ron paul has 0 chance of winning the nomination
If it was rigged then yeah. Like one has said before, it's Ron Paul or revolution. And don't dare underestimate what the people have in store. The people are the power, a sleeping giant. You have to be careful what you do and say especially all the other duplicates reading. It only angers the giant and could trigger something unimaginable that you know could ruin everything.
edit on 23-1-2012 by Meaningless because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I don't care who wins.

System is broken. America is beyond fixing.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   

reply to post by Common Good

I don't disagree with you about Newt. I'm not an avid supporter. Read what I wrote.... the man is smart but and he won't put up with the bullsh*t from foreign countries. He's not who I would want as my first choice, but he's better than allowing a NO foreign policy candidate in the white house

Right! Not!

So, to you, when the people and leadership of other nations disagree with what the U.S. government says and does, then it's just "the bullsh*t from foreign countries."

You probably believed and agreed with Hillary when she recently said that the U.S. isn't behind violence in any other country on the planet. I haven't had such a good laugh in a long time. And she said that with a straight face! Don't they even care about their credibility anymore?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Rick Santorium - Out of all the candidates, I think Rick would make the best all-around president.

Just..... WOW

That is the most ridiculous statement right there.

The man is a disgrace.... his views are disgusting.
edit on 23/1/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

I think it's safe to say that we agree that Ron Paul blames our actions against Iraq and middle eastern countries on the 9/11 attacks... that it was a retaliatory attack because of our actions militarily...?? Sugar coat it however you like to....that's the meat and potatoes of his stance on 9/11. The cause and effect scenario, if we didn't f*ck with Iraq and the middle east, the wouldn't have f*cked with us....? Is that fair to say???

Is this really your counter to proving that Ron Paul SAID America deserved 9/11?

Because it is a STRETCH at the very least.

I'll tell you what is fair to say.

It is fair and factual to say Ron Paul predicted the CONSEQUENCES of our foreign policy actions overseas YEARS before 9/11 happened.

It is fair and factual to say Ron Paul is RIGHT about our foreign policy and like I've stated numerous times for you in this thread, American INTELLIGENCE vindicates his positions on our involvement in the affairs of other nations and how that came back at us.

I'm not sugar coating anything, THIS IS THE TRUTH. Whether you like it/accept it or not.

Your original 'supposedly factual statement' was that Ron Paul SAID America deserved 9/11. You've been back-tracking on that ever since and have been trying to get me to agree that it would be fair to say that Ron Paul MEANT this and that.

Whatever it is, you have some odd versions of the truth VERY twisted and need to re-evaluate a lot of what is truth and what is not.

And I seriously think you owe the military ATS member that currently serves in South Korea an apology. He is giving us his personal experience in the very nation that we are currently discussing and you treated him, more or less, like a crazy person because his REAL LIFE military experience in South Korea doesn't align with your fantasies and delusional theories

What did Ron Paul say about chickenhawks?

Oh yea...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Right because every time somebody gets caught selling a lie as fact, all of a sudden it is an opinion.

Three of your lies/delusions off the top of my head:

1) Ron Paul SAID Americans deserved 9/11
2) China and Japan are allies - you tried to explain this away as a mistake but you were caught using this LIE, twice.
3) If we leave South Korea, Japan WILL NUKE D.C. - I've been asking for proof or intelligence from this but you've yet to provide any, only except that you KNOW it will happen because Japanese tourists have been visiting Pearl Harbor to view it's bombing as a victory.

I am positive I can find more throughout this entire thread because I remember being disappointed by your lies way more times than just three.

1) his original statement is open for interpretation and much speculation. anyone can go back the next day, next week or whatever and "fix" or "clarify" what was said. i just did it on #2 below.
2) i used the same lie twice...i am answering multiple comments back -to-back to back pal...it's just not you and I...so if i typed it 2 times, I definitely went back and corrected myself and said, I made a mistake, It should have been China and Russia, not china and japan as I originally had written...but that's okay...mistakes are non-forgiving here and i can handle that....refer to #1 above
3) My comments regarding what I believe can happen if RP is placed in office and keeps his very vague foreign policies in place didn't say 'JAPAN will bomb DC because I said so...." no...during the context of the discussion about foreign policy, my scenarios were my opinions on why we need a much harsher and stronger approach to foreign policy than a vague and defensive policy.... not a lie...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Is this really your counter to proving that Ron Paul SAID America deserved 9/11?

Because it is a STRETCH at the very least.

I'll tell you what is fair to say.

It is fair and factual to say Ron Paul predicted the CONSEQUENCES of our actions overseas YEARS before it happened.

It is fair and factual to say Ron Paul is RIGHT about our foreign policy and like I've stated numerous times for you in this thread, American INTELLIGENCE vindicates his positions on our involvement in the affairs of other nations and how that came back at us.

I'm not sugar coating anything, THIS IS THE TRUTH. Whether you like it/accept it or not.

Your original 'supposedly factual statement' was that Ron Paul SAID America deserved 9/11. You've been back-tracking on that ever since and have been trying to get me to agree that it would be fair to say that Ron Paul MEANT this and that.

Whatever it is, you have some odd versions of the truth VERY twisted and need to re-evaluate a lot of what is truth and what is not.

And I seriously think you owe the military ATS member that currently serves in South Korea an apology. He is giving us his personal experience in the very nation that we are currently discussing and you treated him like a crazy person because his REAL LIFE experience doesn't align with your delusional fantasies.

What did Ron Paul say about chickenhawks?

Oh yea...

first off...i served in the army, i served in afghanistan and later worked for this same government we discuss now for almost 8 years in afghanistan. his treatment was very kind....his real life experience involves juicy girls, saki and getting drunk.

I was asking you a question...do we agree that RP believes the cause and effect of 9/11 was, we were causing problems in the middle east, therefore, we suffered the effects of 9/11?

what are you feelings on the first gulf war? warranted? you support that??

and btw, that soldier's comments are a disgrace...not because he supports Ron Paul, because he doesn't support his mission at hand and wants to be home... read my reply again, i was very nice to him... it wasn't too long ago he could have been hung for comments such as he wrote...just sayin... I was respectful
edit on 23/1/12 by mrgregbusybee because: needed to further answer his question

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

So my perfect president would have the thought processes of Ronald Reagan.

So...you want a president with Alzheimer Disease? A man that will sell weapons to our enemies?

You do realize that this country will have a hard time outspending our enemies into submission like Reagan did with the USSR. Where are we going to get the money for that? We can't even get our legislative branch to raise our debt ceiling without holding the country hostage to add Constitutional Amendments these days.

St. Ronnie of Republican.

As someone who lived through all 8 years of that stooge (as you probably did, also), that is the LAST thought process I want to see emulated in a United States President. Especially in this day & age.

I'm not saying that I agree with everything Ron Paul says, I'm not even saying I would vote for him. But he would be much better than a man with the thought process of Ronnie Raygun.

edit on 23-1-2012 by musicjunkie because: Missed a word

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

My mistake to ASSUME you have not served in the military but my apologies only extend that far to you.

I have already STATED that Ron Paul believes the actions of our government and foreign policy played a major factor in 9/11. I don't have to agree with you on anything because I was the one that supplied you with that information AKA FACT.

If you are trying to get me to agree with you on some loose explanation that Ron Paul SAID America deserved 9/11, then you are surely mistaken.

Stop trying to water down your lie into something that is agreeable to make you seem LESS wrong than you already are.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join