It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tired of the Ron Paul Bandwagon???

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrgregbusybee

Originally posted by TupacShakur
reply to post by mrgregbusybee

have you ever served your country??
No, and how is this relevant? But Ron Paul has!

so you don't know what patriotism is... you don't understand sacrifice and you haven't seen sacrifice first hand. the reason i ask and it's relevence is because of your comment, "IDGAF" ... you would give a f*ck if you served.

i AM currently serving and in South Korea right now. your whole 'sacrifice and then you will give a f*ck' argument is ridiculous. you dont have to be in the military to understand what is going on around the world. i have been in the active duty Army for almost 7 years and believe Ron Pauls foreign policy is right on. we dont need troops everywhere just for the hell of it, and fighting pointless, yes POINTLESS(ive been there) wars has not made us any safer of a nation. Paul wants to bring troops home and not waste lives and $$$ on b.s.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

I feel sorry for you, you betrayed America and want these bought and paid for politicians like Obama or Mitt in office.

Congratulations.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010

Lets get of the NK/SK thing for a moment.

Do you believe Israel has the military might to deal with Iran by themselfs?

ummmm NO...absolutely not.

Dude, are you making this stuff up!?

You do realize that Israel is ARMED with NUKES and American Patriot missile defense systems.....??????

Iran has NONE of those, they don't even have ICBMS.

We've sold American PATRIOT missile defense systems to Taiwan, Egypt, Germany, South Korea, Greece, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Netherlands, Saudi Arabia, and United Arab Emirates.

Go on Google Maps and see for yourself, HOW MANY of those countries are in direct line of firing sight between Iran and Israel?

And that is already going too far considering Iran never threatened to 'wipe Israel off the map' like you claim they did.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

What you are suggesting is just what the MSM and TBTB want. They want us to live in fear.

Their has to be a middle ground. No one should think the world is all roses and peaches but on the other hand we all shouldn't think every country is out to get the USA.

You guys crack me up, you are so worried about us being beaten militarily when that is not gonna happen. No country is gonna beat our military in a conventional war. THEY CANT BUT DONT HAVE TO.

All they have to do is sit back and watch our economy collapse due to endless wars and over spending.

You guys have been so brainwashed into fear of other countrys you fail to realize we are playing into the hands of our enemies. We are literally bankrupting ourselves.

America will not be defeated from the outside with bombs and military might, it will be defeated from the inside by corrupt over spending politicians and a American populace who puts its head in the sand while our current CORRUPT bought and paid for congress drives this nation further into debt and steadily towards destruction while trying to take away our rights.

But keep thinking Iran is the biggest threat. A country with a navy no bigger than a local port.

Iran isnt bankrupting our country and trying to pass laws like S.1867.

By placing the fear elsewhere these politicians are able to run amok and do whatever they want while the sheeple stand by aimlessly and let them fleece our once great country.

Im no longer playing into their hands.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SGTSECRET

so you don't know what patriotism is... you don't understand sacrifice and you haven't seen sacrifice first hand. the reason i ask and it's relevence is because of your comment, "IDGAF" ... you would give a f*ck if you served.

i AM currently serving and in South Korea right now. your whole 'sacrifice and then you will give a f*ck' argument is ridiculous. you dont have to be in the military to understand what is going on around the world. i have been in the active duty Army for almost 7 years and believe Ron Pauls foreign policy is right on. we dont need troops everywhere just for the hell of it, and fighting pointless, yes POINTLESS(ive been there) wars has not made us any safer of a nation. Paul wants to bring troops home and not waste lives and $$$ on b.s.

Great, a voice of reason has joined this conversation.

But I don't think your personal experience, serving onsite @ South Korea will be changing any minds tonight. War propaganda is a very strong tool for continuing the games of the military industrial complex.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by PriestOfAries

I haven't seen or read anybody here in this thread say "Nuke the Middle East"
But your last paragraph brought up something I do see where RP plan may have some merit. Germany and Europe. They are all growed up now and rebuilt from the ashes of WW-II [The EU] their combined wealth is more than enough to be a global power in their own right.

It wasn't really directed towards a specific comment in the post,I hear it a lot while I'm on the road for work. And from several family members. Also I should have clarified, we don't need bases and troop in all of those places to strengthen them or watch over them, some of the bases are simply just tactical common sense. Germany would be a great launching pad if we ever did have to go to war with any country in Asian or Europe. I've never been to Germany so I'm not entire sure the of the amount of resources we have there, but it would be a safe assumption to say your right for the most part and we could with draw all but the basics and save a good amount of money.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
mrgregbusybee, "what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

-Happy Gilmore

This quote sums up what I thought about your post. Wow - You're so out of touch with reality. Vote for Ron Paul!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Again folks, thanks for the posts...it's been enlightening to say the least. I'll summarize one more time...then I'll be done. Ron Paul has some solid and good points in his campaign. I personally do not agree with his foreign policy and I personally believe it will lead us down a path of vulnerability and give the perception of weakness. At this time in our country's life, with all the world turmoil, we absolutely have to have a stance of strength and support our allies and remain in our tactical locations. I think Ron Paul would be a great president half a century ago or 20 years from now...but it's not a foreign policy that I see beneficial for our country and our immediate future....meaning next 4,8 and even 12 years.

You will vote for you candidate RP and I will have to pick someone else strictly based on the foreign policy. Does that make me stupid, no...does it make you stupid, no. it means our views on our country's future is different. at least we have the option to argue it... well at least we do for right now.

If I offended anyone, was not my intentions. I know debating something, especially if there's passion involved can get downright ugly sometimes. I apologize for my ignorance and mis speaking of china and japan being allies, I meant china and russia earlier.

truthfully speaking...i wish all the corrupt politicians were replaced at one time....the problem with that is there aren't enough honest, caring and good politicians out there to take their spots. I think the chips are gonna fall where they are and we will suffer the consequences of our actions and lack of actions.... hopefully we end up on a path to recovery and hopefully we are at the bottom looking up now and still not digging deeper before making that turn.

take care everybody....thanks for the comments, arguments, insults, help, kindness and support.

until next discussion....

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

I don't even know you and am already sick of hearing you. F off.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

The path of recovery starts with Ron Paul and his foreign policy.
THE threat that you are imagining is put there for you to imagine
edit on 23-1-2012 by Indigo2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Values_Truth
mrgregbusybee, "what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

-Happy Gilmore

This quote sums up what I thought about your post. Wow - You're so out of touch with reality. Vote for Ron Paul!

I'm glad you think his foreign policy and golden rule will work. i hope for your sake he doesn't get into office...I don't think you'd know what to do if war was in your neighboring state.

again, this is a non-issue...enough of us that are in touch with reality and see the bigger implications of electing Ron Paul will in-fact NEVER vote for Ron Paul...so you my friend are in the minority which makes this argument futile and non-important.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Very well said sir!!!!!

Im gonna catch some flak but i think most of these Neo Cons are cowards. Anyone who lives in the USA and is scared of Iran and think they are a threat to us is a coward. Iran is a piss ant military compared to us..
The Fear mongering is nothing but years of brainwashing incorporated by the MSM and the puppet masters who pull their strings. The military industrial complex, big banks and those who have a vested interest in endless wars.

How the hell can someone be scared of a country that has a military 1/1000 the size of capability of the USA?

Do you guys wet your pants when the neighbors ankle biting Chihuahua chases you down the street? LOL
edit on 23-1-2012 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2012 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SGTSECRET

I 2nd that, but I stand by my statement of keeping strategic bases around the world. Won't touch the SK angle though I have family members who grew up in/ lived in SK before and during the Korean War so my view is extremely skewed.
edit on 23-1-2012 by PriestOfAries because: I need to go to bed Screwed the posted all up lol

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo2

The path of recovery starts with Ron Paul and his foreign policy.
THE threat that you are imagining is put there for you to imagine
edit on 23-1-2012 by Indigo2 because: (no reason given)
[/quote

really...? that's what you have to contribute to the conversation? some of you RP lovers are out there beyond the scope of formulating a non-biased opinion that has matter and that can provide a respectable argument as to how and why his foreign policy can work. you just think that is sounds good...the golden rule..the golden rule is bullsh*t that only exists in a world that would abide by the same golden rule and that will NEVER happen...I would imagine a lot of you never even picked up a gun in your life or even served in the military for that matter...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt until you mentioned "Deserved 9/11"

I'm not an avid Paul supporter. I think he has many pros, and many unseen cons. However, I've never seen or heard him say that America deserved 9/11. Quite the opposite.

But if you want to bash a man for pursuing answers to questions that weren't asked by others, then I guess the public should remain blind.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010
reply to post by sonnny1

What you are suggesting is just what the MSM and TBTB want. They want us to live in fear.

Their has to be a middle ground. No one should think the world is all roses and peaches but on the other hand we all shouldn't think every country is out to get the USA.

You guys crack me up, you are so worried about us being beaten militarily when that is not gonna happen. No country is gonna beat our military in a conventional war. THEY CANT BUT DONT HAVE TO.

All they have to do is sit back and watch our economy collapse due to endless wars and over spending.

You guys have been so brainwashed into fear of other countrys you fail to realize we are playing into the hands of our enemies. We are literally bankrupting ourselves.

America will not be defeated from the outside with bombs and military might, it will be defeated from the inside by corrupt over spending politicians and a American populace who puts its head in the sand while our current CORRUPT bought and paid for congress drives this nation further into debt and steadily towards destruction while trying to take away our rights.

But keep thinking Iran is the biggest threat. A country with a navy no bigger than a local port.

Iran isnt bankrupting our country and trying to pass laws like S.1867.

By placing the fear elsewhere these politicians are able to run amok and do whatever they want while the sheeple stand by aimlessly and let them fleece our once great country.

Im no longer playing into their hands.

So because I dont believe in Ron Paul's FOREIGN POLICY,I am now a zombie of what TPTB,and MSM want me to be?

Opinions are NOT facts. I have given you more then enough of my time,researching it out for you.

NK and SK are at War,regardless if you want to believe it or not. We leave,and the odds of NK destabilizing the region,is almost certain.

This is the exact reason WHY I have stopped supporting Ron Paul on ATS!

This is almost as bad as"if you aint with us,your against us" attitude of the Occupy movement.

You wonder WHY those opposed to Ron Paul have a field day !

YOU DONT HAVE TO AGREE WITH EVERYTHING A PRESIDENTIAL HOPEFUL SAYS OR BELIEVES IN !

Even if YOU do,you dont have to lambast someone for not agreeing !

I personally wouldnt be on this site,if I believed what MSM or TPTB said !

Sheesh.......................

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorKarma

I don't even know you and am already sick of hearing you. F off.

i don't even know you and would physically like to rip your face off and feed it to a dog..... f*cking hippie RP liberal f*ck

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

truthfully speaking...i wish all the corrupt politicians were replaced at one time....the problem with that is there aren't enough honest, caring and good politicians out there to take their spots.

until next discussion....

Your right their isnt, because when they run people like you dont vote for them aka Dr Paul

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Ron Paul is looking to get our of world conflicts and playing world police. The other candidates do not seem to want this and Obama is definitely not going to end anything. The Iraq war did end on his watch but he had nothing to do with it, but he did okay the Libyan/NATO conflict and so much more.

Yeah Ron Paul has a loyal fanbase and he's earn every single one of them, and they are more diehard than any other candidates fan out there. You can't tell us Ron Paul is not the favorite by the current establishment or the media. There is a conspiracy against him, Jon Stewart even airs it on his show it's that obvious. So if you don't like the bandwagon simply ignore it. Who do you support?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Yeah thata all i need to contribute to your thread. You are delusional and i could sit here all day arguing with you why i think that is so but it won't get me anywhere because you seem blinded by the United states being threatened by other entitys.
We dont want war and we certainly dont need people like you who offer no real opinion outside of MSM.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join