It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toddlers & Tiaras, does it make you sick as well?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
My gf is sitting here watching this show called Toddlers & Tiaras, a show where parents push their children into beauty pageants. To me, this show is disgusting, demeaning and teaches CHILDREN to be materialistic.

Here is a 6 year old CHILD that should be playing with her Barbies or stuffed animals, instead she's all about "A dolla to make me holla"
is anyone else disgusted with this exploitation of children?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
It is disgusting entertainment fit only for pedos. It also damages their psyche, making them believe that only outer beauty matters. They should not involve children in such spectacle. I wish their parents were less shallow.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
this is [snip] gross..... i hate seeing these [snip] moms doing this to theyre kids.

this makes rapist wanna rape these lil girls even more this is jsut disgusting
edit on 22-1-2012 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Yes, that show nauseates me. The parents are freaky and they turn their little girls into baby tramps. The girls are very poorly behaved and have an undeserved sense of importance. The parents live vicariously through their daughters and don't seem to have a life of their own.

It is a freak show that nobody should watch.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
White trash begets white trash. You can't blame the kids - look at their fatass loser parents.

Beauty pageants for any age should be ridiculed relentlessly. Those for minors should be illegal..

By the way - I've never seen the show - I haven't had cable for almost 10 years.

edit on 22-1-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
It is disgusting entertainment fit only for pedos. It also damages their psyche, making them believe that only outer beauty matters. They should not involve children in such spectacle. I wish their parents were less shallow.

One would have thought with the tragic death of JonBenét Ramsey, shows like this wouldn't exist. Unfortunately, it only brought more attention to a self perpetuating slice of twisted life, that exploits children for money.

Will they ever learn? Not as long as there is a buck to be made, and an insane stage mother living vicariously through their child, dragging their kids to these events......

edit on 22-1-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
A popularized example of child abuse/indoctrination.For the benefit of the mother who didn't make the cheerleading squad or homecoming queen. Clearly an expression of mental illness stemming from self esteem issues.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I can't STAND this show.

This trash does not belong on tv. It's glorifying child abuse in the form of the parents forcing their lost dreams on their kids. Every one of those parents has issues. What sane parent would put their child through this? I don't want to see a little girl dancing like Madonna or Lady GaGa. It's not cute, it's disturbing.

I knew a few child hood beauty queens and they didn't want to do it but their parents made them til they were old enough to just flat out not go. These parents are ruining their kids childhood and that is sad.

I would sign and petition to get this crap off tv.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Of course it makes me sick. It is a gross show where parents dress their daughters up like little whores and parade them around for adults to judge their looks...

There are so many things wrong with this show and the adults that do this to their kids.

It's a bunch of disgusting pageant moms forcing their own dreams onto their children. I saw one show and the girls they were talking to were saying they didn't even want to do these pageants...

And then for this crap to be put in TV for god knows who to watch... Truly disgusting. I bet pedophiles love these shows.....

Let kids be kids!

edit on 22-1-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Let kids be kids!

I couldnt have said it ANY better myself!!!

ETA: here a mother INJECTS her child with BOTOX, God this makes me want to vomit

Now these parents build their children up for winning these pageants, that when they lose, these children lose it completely

edit on 1/22/2012 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Yes its abhorrant anything were the loss of a childs innocence is involved , making children behave and act in an adult and provocative way is child abuse and these events and organisers should be exposed.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Dressing a baby to look like a saloon whore?
Why would that bother anyone.
/end sarcasm
I believe that was a major factor in Jon Benet Ramsey's death.
Yeah pretty sick of the folks involved.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The sick thing is (on top of all this), these child beauty contests were actually invented by a paedophile.

They should be illegal - this is just parents living their unrealised dreams through their children, before the kids get old enough to question.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
The realy bad part is this.
It would not be on the tv if it didnt get the ratings.

That means there are MILLIONS out there that like this stuff.

We live in a sick world.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
This show absolutely makes me sick. I saw ONE episode, and it wanted to make me gag.

I call it Pedophile TV. Every one of the parents that put their babies through this should have them taken away.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

ETA: here a mother INJECTS her child with BOTOX, God this makes me want to vomit

Yeah, I saw that. It's truly gross! There is something wrong with that mom. Botox is for old people with wrinkles. What 8 year old has wrinkles? These kids are going to grow up with all kinds of issues.

These kids are going to think that beauty is only skin deep and are going to have issue at the first sign of a zit!

It's crap like this that teaches young girls that they have to be anorexic and full of silicon and dress like a whore before anyone will like them. Is it any wonder we are seeing little children committing suicide?

It's a truly messed up world.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I'm of two minds about it. I think that it can be a fun thing for the kids to do sometimes if they've got the nature for that sort of thing.

On the other hand, how far these things have come in the last 10 or 15 years is sickening. The mothers put so much pressure, way too much pressure for such small children, on these kids. Beauty pageants when I was a kid were bad enough, but it's become ridiculous these days.

And televising it? Why don't you just call it "pedophile buffet" and have done with it?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Yeah, I don’t think it teaches children the right values. Children shouldn’t be ranked against each other based on their physical appearance. No matter how well adjusted --- these kids, can’t help but internalize (even just a little bit) that they’ve been found lacking in some areas, be it beauty or talent or both.

I’ve heard these parents say that it’s their children that enjoy it and that it’s their children who demand to take part in these pagents. But that’s BS to me. If the children do indeed want to participate it’s because the parents have hyped up how much fun these spectacles are.

I understand that when kids enter talent shows and/or sporting competitions they are also judged against one another. And yes, kids can suffer crippling blows to their self-esteem if they lose in these areas as well. (Depending on how much emphasis their role models place on winning)

But imho, beauty competitions have the potential to be much more damaging to a child's psyche --- because one’s perception of their physical appearance is something that they're going to carry with for the rest of their life and for little kids to think at such a young age that they are not “pretty” enough ---- makes me feel so sad.

Personally I think that these parents whore out their kids either for the prize money or to fulfill some broken dreams from their own youth. (Or both)

Oh and don't get me started on the pedos...
edit on 22-1-2012 by OwenandNoelle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Shows like this are truely disgusting and whats even worse are the people that watch these shows and enjoy them and T&C stops me from telling you all what i really think of the parents that abuse there kids by sending into these pagents.
But the worse thing about programs like this is that there IS an audience for these types of programs, so what does that say about some people and the world that we live in????????????????
These shows should be taken off the air.
The companies that produce such shows should be fined and lose the rights to produce such shows.
This is one F****d up world when shows such as this are given air time

edit on 22-1-2012 by WozaMeathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I had the misfortune of seeing this horrible show once. I guess I should consider myself lucky because I was watching it without audio since it was at the gym, so I was listening to my iphone while the person next to me put this garbage show on.

The moment that I saw of this show, at least in my opinion, showed me blatant child abuse. Apparently a five or six year old girl didn't want to participate in one of these pageants. Instead of realizing that children need a break sometimes the woman said something like "come drink your special soda" and I watched in horror as the mother poured a can of red bull into a large cup of soda and gave it to the child.

Red Bull has 80mg of caffeine per can. The soda she poured it into probably had some of its own as well.

According to most guidelines I found online (there's no formal gov guideline) that's more than double the amount of caffeine any child should ingest in an entire day. Excess amounts in children can cause dehydration, headaches, high blood pressure(!!) and all sorts of other problems.

So instead of this "parent" realizing that her daughter needs to sleep she poisons her.

I am not a lawyer so I'm not going to say whether or not that "parent" should be arrested or have her kid taken away, but I'll say for sure that for a network to put this sort of behavior on TV and encourage it is disgusting.

new topics

<<   2  3 >>

join