It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible S.America/Egypt relation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 10:08 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

It appears both cultures emphasizes the importances of cats....this could support the theory that S.America and Egypt once traded.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 10:12 AM
link   
DNA testing of Egyptian mummies found traces of coc aine & tobacco, that would suggest global trading routes.

The obession with pyramids and star systems also suggests a strong link between those cultures.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Reminds me of the theory where there are cycles in life... and life starts over, from the beggining every couple million years or so...

Maybe their was once a global economy like now...

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 11:16 AM
link   
academic historians tend to be a bit blind sided here. They tend to stick on the point that ancient peoples were not capable of advanced sea travel. Yet there is a catalogue of strikingly similiar things on both continents (pyramids, stylistic and religious motifs) and of course the presence of coc aine in Egyptian mummies, and also tobacco. Whenever I have watched, listened to or read about the presence of these two the historians in question have with out exception said "this can not be explained...". Well BS I say, there is a one explanation that makes sense, they traded.

"Beyond the pillars of heracles" is how plato put it, I think there is a seriously good chance that ancient reference to Atlantis is a reference to South America.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 11:40 AM
link   
www.msnbc.com...

got a picture of that artifact recently found in s.america

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 11:51 AM
link   
What if they didn't travel across the sea. What if they flew. It could be possible that they learned the art of flight before sailing. You've heard of those ancient indian texts before right? They talk about ancient flying machines.

I could get a link if you want one. But for now I'll assume you've heard of them.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Joe I suppose its entirely possible that they were able to fly. But personally I think they were a bit more advanced in sea travel than historians think. Seems incredible that the would be able to conquer flight but not master the sea.

The Indian texts, the Ramayana, you refer to are very interesting. There is also the NASA photo of the mysterious land bridge thought to be some 1.7 million years old, which it is believed is referenced to in the Ramayana.

www.rense.com...

The picture is on rense but in this particular case it does not mean its BS. May be ancient man (or whoever did these things) had a range of skills we are not aware of.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 12:43 PM
link   
modern historians have built ships using the same materials as the ancients, and proved that it is entirely possible that such ships could make the journey from Egypt to South America, using the circular currents. They proved it by actually doing it! (saw it on one of the education channels...I'll look for a link sometime soon). Personally, I have little doubt that South America is Plato's home of "Atlantis", and that Egypt was a distant trading partner...with the trade ending after the destruction of the CITY of Atlantis (note, it was never claimed the continent was destroyed, just Atlantis). The evidence cited above also lends credence to this.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Read They Came Before Columbus

The Egyptians did sail to the Americas thousands of years before Columbus did, and they did have a global trading economy with the Americas.

The Mayans are said to be descendants of the first Egyptians who sailed to the Americas thousands of years ago.

There's pyramids in Central America that are perfectly aligned with a pyramid (forgot which one) in Egypt.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 01:01 PM
link   
i think it's possible the ancients learned flight before advanced sea travel. if they were in fact visited by an advanced civilization from another planet as many say, it would make sense that this advanced culture would be able to teach them flight before seafaring as this culture may have advanced past the point where sea travel was even relevant. i don't know, it's a thought.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 02:09 PM
link   
ancient South Americans were familiar with gliders. Personally, I think this is pretty likely, and probably what gave rise to tales of Atlantean "gliders". The ancients of South America revered flight, and it stands to reason that they sought to emulate it....and eventually figured out simple glider construction... Such gliders would not stand up to time well, and broken, might be hard to infer purpose wise, if found at a site.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Many times in life we come across these convictions and held firm by them. Why??? Because we assume that the standards in the ancient times couldn't possibly have exceeded the standards of today's times. Such an attitude is ignorant and selfish. Selfishness and ignorance are the two great sins.

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 11:12 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
It just seems logical that the two civilizations must have traded . There is no other way to explain the presence of coc aine and tobbaco without trade occurring between them. Assuming that the evidence is conclusive that the plants or there byproducts are indeed present in Egypt.

And we must avoid simply assuming that these great early cultures weren't capable of traversing the oceans.

The similarities shared by there cultures is indeed striking!

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Is it possible the coc aine and tobacco originated with the first people to uncover the mummies? Were they doing snuff? a popular mixture of tobacco and coc aine in the 18-19hundreds.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Homo Erectus was capable of Ocean Travel at least 1 million years ago, as is the evidence of stone tool on the island of Florres.

www.bradshawfoundation.com...

There is also a good global genetic evolution map at

www.bradshawfoundation.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
Read They Came Before Columbus

The Egyptians did sail to the Americas thousands of years before Columbus did, and they did have a global trading economy with the Americas.

The Mayans are said to be descendants of the first Egyptians who sailed to the Americas thousands of years ago.

There's pyramids in Central America that are perfectly aligned with a pyramid (forgot which one) in Egypt.

I am going to side with 'Illmatic67' on this one (at least somewhat). I believe that a group of people did come from the Africa/Europe region (the part where it borders), mainly around the Jerusalem area. I believe that the Mayans are the descendants of those people. "And I believe that ol' Chris will be be lucky if they name in Ohio after him..."

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I disagree with the theory that everyone came from Africa. I beleive that we came from 4 different types of Humans.We have the Africans that came from Africa and spread though out Africa. The Chinese who came from China and spread through out Asia and the Americas,Indians who came from the Indos Valley and spread through Asia and Australia. Europeans (Neandrathols)Who spread through out Europe...........I also have another theory in which we came from Antarctica and spread through India,Africa,Australia and the surronding Islands and in the North we have the Neandrathols and Mongoloids which spread through out Europe Asia and the Americas.
I do beleive in the past the Native Americans did trade with the Egyptions and there was a world trade market. I saw a documentary on the discovery channel about south americans building boats and traveling to Egypt to trade. I also saw a program with the native peoples of South America who built hot air balloons to see there art from the sky. I believe its art made from rocks that is about 200 miles in size and the only way that they could of seen it was from the sky. I think the designs are of animals.
I dont beleive that the people of the Americas are Ancestors of Ancient Egyptions.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Egyptian Pyramids have alot in common with the Pyramids of the Mayan's in Mexico there is a linkage between them.
I think we are from the stars as were the Pyramids.

top topics

join