It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Joe Paterno REALLY dead?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I certainly mean NO disrespect for a dead man, and I am sure I will be raked over the coals by some, but I am just throwing this theory out there. The man was perfectly fine and the coach for the unforseeable future, just a few months ago. How ever, as soon as this whole penn st. molestation thing came out, he was becoming caught up in the contreversy due to his "non handling" of the situation. Shortly there after, word came out he had lung cancer. Now, he is dead. Now I have had an uncle die of lung cancer, and it really did not seem that fast! Considering this man was perfectly fine right of to the point of this case breaking. So I was thinking perhaps he is taking a page out of tupacs book and going into hiding, so he is not publicly defamed in a court of law, and he will not jepordize his heroic, storied, career. Just a thought anyway.www.foxnews.com...
ETA: I mean I saw my uncle go through quite a bit of treatment and stuff before he died. I mean, we have heard nothing of this fight with lung cancer he had. Again, I mean no disrespect, but, it is quite suspicious IMO.
edit on 22-1-2012 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Ah Tupac. we miss him dearly

I was also wondering earlier why he magically acquired cancer after the scandal broke out. He could have had it before but i haven't seen anywhere to suggest that

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DankKing420

I too thought about him having it already as well, however there was not so much as a peep in the media prior to this case that he had it and his storied coaching career was about to end. Not a word about retiring due to health problems, anything.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
reply to post by DankKing420

I too thought about him having it already as well, however there was not so much as a peep in the media prior to this case that he had it and his storied coaching career was about to end. Not a word about retiring due to health problems, anything.

Well in his age, stress can can lead to acceleration of his disease

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
He was 85..I thought I had read on CNN the other day he had been under treatment some time back as well...let me look for the article..this one isn't the one I read yesterday, but has the same quote from his family..

The longtime Penn State head coach was diagnosed with what his family had called a treatable form of lung cancer shortly after the university's Board of Trustees voted to fire him.

He had been hospitalized in December after breaking his pelvis in a fall at his home and again in January for what his son called minor complications from his cancer treatments.

www.cnn.com...

I had seen yesterday that he had been hospitalized..it's to bad his legacy is somewhat tarnished now..I wonder if he shouldn't have retired earlier..as he didn't seem to handle the situation or follow up on the story as he should have..he trusted others to take care of it..to bad really..RIP Joe..

Cheers/hugs Coco

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I was thinking the same thing. Keep in mind, the exact same thing happened to John Edwards. He recently came down with a life threatening condition right when he has to appear for a trial:

www.reuters.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I know I shouldn't laugh, but as soon as I heard this news I joked to myself that someone would make a thread that questions his death. Anything's possible though so I'm not shooting down your theory. I just thought I would brag about my psychic abilities

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
i dont believe in hell
but would gladly accept to be proven wrong
because that scum deserves to rot there

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Uh, who cares? He was accused of deplorable acts... People die every day, would rather mourn people that are worth it. At that age and sick...he's probably better off anyway.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

I too found his death a bit coincidental. Granted that such a maelstrom of accusations would put enough pressure on most anyone to age them and he was already in his 80's so it may have been that final straw.

At the same time, something about it still seems odd to me. If his wife decides to sell everything and move to a more tropical location outside of the US, that would be a rather telling event.

Considering the allegations, death is deserved in this case by any and all who were involved and did nothing to stop what was happening.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
If it was small cell lung cancer it can kill very quickly after it's detected.
We also found out he fell and broke his pelvis shortly after his diagnosis. Maybe he threw a blood clod. Maybe the fracture allowed an infection in. That combined with the cancer would have had his immune system in the trash.
No. His dying now is not suspicious at all.

He was also very disturbed and upset about what had happened. He knew he handled it wron. It could have contributed to his death. Even if it wasn't small cell all these factors would have hastened his death.

There's no conspiracy here. He is dead.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Yes, I thought the same thing!

What I think happened was .... well it was football that kept him alive for so long. You know, like when a spouse that someone has been married to for a really long time passes then not long after that person passes ..... kinda like that! My great grandmother lasted for about 6 years after my great grandfather died, it was a shock to me, I thought she would pass not long after him......

I'm not sure what was going on with him, but he was 85 .... so

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

f it was small cell lung cancer it can kill very quickly after it

It was not small cell. I was originally reported that it was a very treatable form of cancer.
edit on 22-1-2012 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

I know. I was just trying to explain how he could have died so fast after diagnosis. Small cell moves very fast but is almost exclusive to smokers.
Street, the hip fracture...which I didn't know about until after he died, not to mention the fact he was 85 and was still fired after saying he would resign for something he didn't do and he admittedly could have handled better all contributed.

There's just no conspitacy here. He died. I think the fact he lived 85 years and worked up until 2 months or so before he died is a bigger story than IF he is dead or not. Also...there are some people who seem to died just because they have stopped working. I've always said my father-in-law is one of them. He will work until he dies. Or if he does finally retire, he will die very soon after.

top topics

join