It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's Guard Years Raises Issues

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   
US News & World Report wrote a article dated 9/20/04, stating a review of the regulations governing George w Bush's guard service during the vietnam war shows that the White House used inappropriate Air Force standards to determine that Bush had fullfilled his his duty.

From reading what this article stated and what Lawrence Korb, a former top defence department official had stated in the article, it seem s to me that George W Bush should have received a "dishonorable" discharge, NOT an honorable discharge.
What also gets me is these swiftie- veterans are lying about John Kerry and stating he was not trust-worthy and blah blah blah, But their not throwing a tizzy-fit, about Bush and his service record

Opionions please !

Some experts say they remain mystified as to how Bush obtained an honorable discharge. Lawrence Korb, a former top Defense Department official in the Reagan administration, says the military records clearly show that Bush "had not fulfilled his obligation" and "should have been called to active duty."

Bush signed his commitment to the Texas Air National Guard on May 27, 1968, shortly after becoming eligible for the draft. In his "statement of understanding," he acknowledged that "satisfactory participation" included attending "48 scheduled inactive-duty training periods" each year. He also acknowledged that he could be ordered to active duty if he failed to meet these requirements.

www.usnews.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Nanna, honorable discharges can be bought. This is all a sham and we know it. They cant debunk this news, so they bash us here and question our love for the country. Its the same thing everyday. What happened to your neat avatar? Hope you can get it back

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Let's see the records.
Then we'll analyze them.
Right now it's US news' analysis.

Could be true. Could be untrue.

dgtempe, quite an avatar!
Is that the Evil Queen Nicotina?

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 04:08 AM
link   
What happened to your neat avatar? Hope you can get it back

dgtempe, my avatar is showing up on my screen,uuuummmmm, if your not seeing it, something must be screwed-up somewhere in my acct. I'll have to check it out. Thank you for bring it to my attention

I just don't understand some people though, why would anyone want Bush to remain in office after he made fun of the not finding any WMD in Iraq, my God,........ . Bush must also think it's funny that we've lost over a 1000 soldiers,too, How can that man claim that he's a christian and "one of the chosen" by God, when he acts that way. There is definately something wrong with Bush's brain,......... he's got to be Hitler re-incardnated, only Hitler would be sick enough in the head to think it's funny and to make fun of something he claimed was there but really wasn't.

He needs to be in the hospital with other lunitics that think their god.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by nanna_of_6
US News & World Report wrote a article dated 9/20/04,

Um, why was this article written 6 days into the future?

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I noticed that too. The date
It IS a weekly magazine..I'm assuming thats the next
Publication date.

OR, Nanna.....Is an Insider.....

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
I noticed that too. The date
It IS a weekly magazine..I'm assuming thats the next
Publication date.
OR, Nanna.....Is an Insider.....

Insider,
, I wish ! What you are asuming about the magazine must be it, spacedoubt, because I had nothing to do with that article being written or published,.... oh and the date on it is correct

new topics

top topics

join