It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome Year of the Dragon - earthquakes, tsumanis?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Call it hocus pocus if you want to, but I believe in Chinese astrology and feng shui. As Chinese New Year begins here in the US tomorrow (Jan. 23), I did some catch up reading today and found some interesting forecasts for 2012. Thought I'd share with ATS - thoughts anyone?

As a side note, beginning early Dec. 2011, BEFORE I read any of this, my dreams have been all about water and flooding, they changed to earthquake dreams the last few days of Dec, and in all of the dreams, I'm getting a strong sense of SOUTH. No idea if its south literally, south of me, or what. Just noting it here...

2012 Year of the Dragon

The year is symbolized with water sitting on top of earth.

The yang water this year symbolizes the ocean and is an element of power, forces and strong energy.

In general we cannot expect a total peaceful world in 2012, but there will not be so much violent fighting and struggles like the previous metal wood years of 2010 and 2011.

But the more worrying aspect this year is natural disasters such as flooding and earthquakes. Yang water is powerful ocean water and Dragon is powerful earth, often associated with earthquakes. In history the most serious earthquake on record happened in the years of Dragon. (Check out the table in the article!!)

In Chinese Metaphysics the term Dragon symbolizes the massive mountain range, the powerful energy of the land and is strong earth element. So an active dragon indicates strong movement of the earth.

Water sitting on earth shows muddy water and it creates circumstance for virus and epidemic spreading. In the coming year we may expect sicknesses such as malaria, food poisoning, stomach and kidney problem

Watch for the hours of the Dragon (7-9 am) and Dog (7-9 pm)

In the last Water Dragon Year, 1952:
7.5 earthquake in CA
8.2 earthquake in Russia, tsunami that went to Hawaii
73 inches of rain fell in one day in Cilao Reunion
North Sea flooding which killed 1835 people in the Southwest of the Netherlands
UFO reported over Washington DC
58,000 cases of Polio reported in the US
Korean War at a stalemate

There's other good stuff in there - check it out?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I don't think we need a "Year of the Dragon" for this to happen.

We already got those in other years remember? BIG Earthquakes and Tsunamis in Indonesia and Japan. Big earthquakes in New Zealand, Haiti etc...

So no, this has nothing to do with some dragon stories

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

In the last Water Dragon Year, 1952:

They cycle every 12 years, and also cycle through the 5 elements, this year water.

1904 * 1916 * 1928 * 1940 * 1952 * 1964 * 1976 * 1988 * 2000 * 2012

Am I going to need a bigger boat?

edit on 22-1-2012 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
The Chinese often consider themselves as descendants of the Dragon.

Sounds very unearthly or ETish to me!

Maybe this is the year of the Dragon when the ET Dragons come back to check up on their Chinese long lost relatives.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
If what you say had any merit, it would be very easy to prove.

Earthquakes would have a historical high over 12 year cycles corresponding with Dragon years.
Malaria and the other things you propose would have a 10 years cycle corresponding to the (yin and yang) element cycle of Water.

You wouldnt have to guess.
You wouldnt have to make a prediction about the upcoming year.

If what you say had any merit, you could give supporting evidence for it to us today.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DanielET

Why?

Finding dinosaur bones after a earthquake,landslide, etc. would easily make people think there were giant mythical beasts that existed.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

I dont see how they could find any relation to a pile of old bones they had never met in the flesh.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
expect something around May 22-24th ... I am going to say 3 significant earthquakes along the coast from oregon to cali...

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

As above so below.

The story of the stars matches the story of the earth, its all in the wisdom of understanding it and how it works.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Love the article OP. I was sorry to hear being born in the year of the dog isn't a good thing this year. Oh well it's 2012 who knows it might not be a good year for lots of people.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by isitoveryet

Put me down for So Cal and/or New Madrid, late spring to early summer... :-)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The first big earthquake of 2012 is going to happen very soon - the 14th of February in Ukraine. Unbelievable? It is. And it will shake the world. Just remember this date and the name of the prophet - Georgy-Iliya.
edit on 24-1-2012 by Ivanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Great I was born year of the dog..... it said to stay away from mountains and I live in the mountains
looks like im in for it lol

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DanielET

Probably because the bones were HUGE and they came up a reason to explain their size.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Many Chinese masters, astrologers and geomancers are making predictions for the Year of the Dragon. Here are a few more (#8 is my favorite :-):

1) They predict natural disasters and financial volatility, especially to crisis-hit Europe.

2) There will good news late in the year for the United States, but charts for Europe make grim reading. Europe will collapse.

3) Russia and China are the best bets for financial investments in 2012. The two emerging markets will be the best performers in a volatile year

4) China will have some political surprises. The Communist Party will hold its 18th Congress to select a new generation of leaders.

5) Chinese astrologers confirm the alien invasion and reveal that in 2012 humans will meet aliens and become “interplanetary friends”.

6) There will be many storms and floods because 2012 is the Year of the Water Dragon.

7) India will become the center for entertainment in the world.

8) Americans will get even fatter.

9) Africa will rise as a continent and China will make many deals with African countries.

10) There will be tragedy at the London Olympics this summer.

11) Neo-hippies will be seen everywhere in America in the Summer of 2012.

12) The Mayans were right.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Somebody said quakes?
Things have been a little shaky here in Chile (lots of mini-quakes), the most powerful one was 6,2. For us that's just a "middle intensity" one, but still (in other countries that would have been a big one, maybe even with casualties... but here...). I expect a new big one here this year, probably at the north this time.

here's the USGS link of south america with the last quakes we've had.
earthquake.usgs.gov...

top topics

join