It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Source Pulls Support for Memos on Bush Guard Service (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   
The main source that CBS news used to back up the authenticity of President Bush's guard records has recanted his support of CBS's claims.

www.foxnews.com
WASHINGTON � A key source who was named to back up CBS News' claims about the authenticity of documents used in a report on President Bush's (search) Air National Guard service has recanted his support, saying the network got the information wrong.

Retired Major Gen. Bobby Hodges (search), a key source behind a "60 Minutes" story that claims Bush shirked his guard duty, said that now that he has seen the memos, he does not believe they are authentic. Hodges told FOX News that CBS did not call him until two days before the piece aired on the network last Wednesday night, and never offered to show him the memos. He said the network only wanted to discuss their content, not their authenticity.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Hmmm, looks like Dan Rather (who has an axe to grind with the Bush family) seems to may have jumped the gun big time on this one. Add this to the questions about whether the documents were typed on a modern word processor with perportional spacing and superscripts, and the story is taking on more water than the one about Kerry in Cambodia

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Something definitely isn't right with this whole affair. Credit goes to Gurnio for posting this in another thread:

Link

This guy has quite an impressive resume and has done an exhaustive analysis of the memos in question. Anyone interested in this controversy ought to take a look at his site. Oh, btw he doesn't like Bush.

First off, before I start getting a lot of the wrong kind of mail: I am not a fan of George Bush. But I am even less a fan of attempts to commit fraud, and particularly by a complete and utter failure of those we entrust to ensure that if the news is at least accurate. I know it is asking far too much to expect the news to be unbiased. But the people involved should not actually lie to us, or promulgate lies created by hoaxers, through their own incompetence.

Really great read.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Bleys he should post it up on ATS. It would be a lively debate to say the least. Boy if they can establish a link to the Kerry campaign with this it could be a huge deal in a very short period of time.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   
That fellow sure did an excellent job on the document question. Add to that Hodges, the family and all the other experts and ol Dan isn't looking real good right now. Shame the liberal posters on this board have decided to let this story die a quiet death. So much for denying ignorance...

top topics

join