It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

R.I.P. FileSonic & Uploaded.to ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Many of the more shady file hosting services are probably a bit startled by what happened to MU. I doubt services like Rapidshare and Dropbox are too worried.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatsinaname
this isn't exactly the predictions section or even anything related to metaphysics but heres one for ya.

youtube will go, and it will happen after tuesday (because of whatever transpires then, not a temporal referance. [time])

I wouldn't worry about the not avaliable in this country thing either, it'll "catch on" like americanization always does, and the uk will be next followed by the rest of the "free" world.

why I wonder do we still care.

Forgive me if I'm missing something but what's going to happen on Tuesday? Dare I ask?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Grifter81

sopa goes back to congress

(call it a gut feeling)

ed: I apologise if that was vague as hell, heres a link explaining what happens on tuesday, the rest is my gut feeling. www.macworld.com.au...
edit on 22/1/2012 by whatsinaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Set up your own FTP servers, bypass all these folks:

lifehacker.com...

Use FileZilla, share your information.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsinaname

Ah I see. So they're basically going to return it time after time until it goes through? Sledgehammer legislation.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
at least we will always have magicfuntimeupload. they wiill never find it. I promise.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Set up your own FTP servers, bypass all these folks:

lifehacker.com...

Use FileZilla, share your information.

Its how i operate for a several years now. The group of us all share amongst us encrypted files and only encrypted files in the manner you described and obviously some other methods that a slightly too complex for ats. Key's are normally sent into the net but are actually never delivered as decryption keys. So yeah, to who ever reads this..for the love of god learn and use encryption for everything across the net.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by 3xil3

OK so the US tries to assert its control over stuff it doesn't own.

The world at large responds by cutting the US off from the internet.

The US has just hammered a few more nails into its own coffin.

The American Empire fades into a technological backwater just faster than expected.

... and they're winning the war on drugs too. NOT. Stoopid is as stoopid does.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

Yea I am a very big advocate of PGP encryption, but it seems only those who want secure file transmission bother to take the time to interest themselves. My best friends could care less about these things, it is like a foreign language to them.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Meanwhile, P2P file sharing is going as strong as ever - I personally like using uTorrent. Passing draconian laws or shutting down sites like Megaupload isn't going to do anything to stop file sharing.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Watch these sites pop back up in another place.

I will guarantee that majority of these file-hosting sites willbe moving their servers and datacenters (along with any staff) to countries which oppose any kind of US law, or extradition treaty.

This whole megaupload will be collateral damage soon enough... look at services such as Amazon S3, iCloud, UbuntuOne etc. They are going to be either wrapping up or get "extradited".

Although, when it comes to Apple or Amazon... nothign will happen and then we can all know for sure it's the MPAA / RIAA scum picking off the businesses they don't make money themselves from.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I know what you mean,.... a cyber fart is picked as malware on these new antivirus platforms...and its so freaking ridiculous that hundreds of millions of computers are all running similar algorithms for cyber protection. Hey here is something you might enjoy with your buds. Send them an encrypted file with the various alg/ms available to you and see what antivirus platform picks it up as cyber fart. But hey dont tell me what you get just a yes it picked it up or no it simply let it through.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

That's what I see from Portugal.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by Hellas

That's what I see from Portugal.

Greece the same as I heard.. Europe rules!!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 3xil3

When I worked in the music business we used these services to ship files back and forth. If a band in Nashville wanted a singer in Seattle to sing on the track these services saved a lot of time and money. The singer downloaded the track. he recorded the vocals, and then sent back the session files.

If this continues it will hurt independent art and small business all across the country.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Even if I don't use them, out of curiosity I checked it and this is the current situation in Canada:

- Filesonic.com is not available
- Uploaded.to seems to be OK

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by casperiumnebula
Even if I don't use them, out of curiosity I checked it and this is the current situation in Canada:

- Filesonic.com is not available
- Uploaded.to seems to be OK

lol so it's JUST the USA

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread800579/pg1#pid13292975]here is what it says at megaupload and if it based in other countries dont me crap them corporate stooges will find away to f with it. obama doesn't run crap neither do congress department of so called justice is paid off by corporate interests.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 3xil3

I never used it but ya its down. Apparently the only access is personal info for people who have stored their info there.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I saw this coming ;( Filesonic down....that is BAD.... and i am in Spain where downloading is legal!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join