It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 550 significant earthquakes in the last 30 days.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Soruce:
www.iris.edu...

This is a website displaying the global earthquakes with a magnitude of for or greater than 4. I do not have historical data at hand, however I have been watching this one for about 4-5 years now.
At the bottom of the earthquake list, the website always states the total number of earthquakes in the last 30 days. As I noticed, starting with the earthquake in Japan, the total number of earthquakes for 30 days has been on the rise.

Back 4-5 years ago, a typical value would be 200 to 300 , actually averaging 250 significant earthquakes on a 30 days period. Now it seems to exceed the value of 550 .

If we put this in conjuncture with the noise phenomena recorded around the world, we can conclude that something is changing deep under our feet however we do not know what is changing and what causes the change..

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
interesting... but mo major ones along the cali coast!! I am hoping that changes soon!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by steve95988

Eh , why the hell would you want that to change , you want lots of people to die

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Romanian

So the number had doubled for this month.

I wonder what the numbers will look like as the year progresses, what with the solar max?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
this is not an explaination of the sudden increase...but is only meant as a item to think about with the situation..
perhaps i will present the idea in other threads (so as to raise our consciousness of the events around us)

I am wondering..... is the current practice of 'fracking' doing unexpected damage

consider that Abiotic oil produced from deep in the crust of the Earth has had eons of time
to seek the porous cracks & levels of the Earth geology...and poo; in some places, rise to
the surface in other places, dry up as coal in other places, even get mixed in the oil-shale layers
of very big fields/deposits.

Fracking, which is forceably pumping a great volume of displacing fluids so as to force out
the residual gasses or oils from the strata..after the commercial value of the resource has been
exhausted. So, the exploiter is 'squeezing' the last bucket of hydrocarbon from the deposit

Now... will that pressurized fluid used in 'Fracking' stay-in-place, and will the porous rock
never again replenish itself with 'new' abiotic oil that upwells from the deeper layer Earth
(beyondthe deepwater horizon level or the very-deep wells that Russia has sunk already)

Are the Fracking Fluids causing the newly generated abiotic oils/hydrocarbons having to find newer
pockets of porous rock and strata on its way to the surface?

If so... then oil field replacement oil will be immeasurably delayed.
Then also, the Earth itself will begin bulging in areas where the abiotic oil is being created
underground and pooling up under pressure. Maybe not noticeably bulging, but then the obvious hint
might just be the new strata fractures and stresses that are causing the very much increased
instances of 'earthquakes' in areas that are not historically to be earthquake prone...
along with long dormant earthquake areas in the distant past.

i think i see a connection to the increased volcano activities...
which then increases the creation of more abiotic oil...
a oil or gas that has to find new cracks in the Earth to pool up in
because the older and more easily accessible fissures and pathways to
the older deposits are now blocked or inaccessible.

i also deduce that the Russian ultra-deep oil wells
and the attempts like 'deepwater-horizon' are attempts to tap into the source'
instead of drilling in fields that took ages for the oil to migrate into those pools
and fields of oil, that are relatively close to the surface.

the time frame the apocalyptic books write of as 'the beginning of sorrows' & 'the birth pangs'
are referencing this present 60 year period we are now in.
a period when the Earth itself convulses...because the natural Law was tossed aside for gain & profit
exploitation has reached it's zenith and the planet needs to reset-reboot in an orderly manner

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I would say they (earthquakes) are everywhere, but we see them especially located around the pacific coasts, from the south pole to Alaska..

Also in Romania we had one quake right on the 1st of January (mag. 4) then another one of 4.5 several days later. At the same time, we record countless small quakes every day, but they are less than 2 on magnitude. This thing is not quite usual here , yet we are not on Cali!

link romanian earthquakes
edit on 22-1-2012 by Romanian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romanian

If we put this in conjuncture with the noise phenomena recorded around the world, we can conclude that something is changing deep under our feet however we do not know what is changing and what causes the change..

I'm glad that you can so easily come to conclusions, but I think it's probably a wee bit premature of you.

First off, you give no data to support what the 'average' amount of earthquakes is. You overlook that it's normal for such things to stray from average occasionally. And your sample for geologic processes is a mere 30 days long. If you were to make any slightly credible conclusions on geologic processes, you should give samples at the very least, several centuries long. Preferably you should look at millenia to notice any actual patterns that aren't just standard deviation.

Lastly, I think you should look up the word 'significant'.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
We can add Kenya to the list now as it just had two 5.2... How much fracking can be going on there?

Sorry forgot the LINK
edit on 22/1/12 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
we would have a problem in giving data from centuries ago, simply we did not have the tools to record the data. I am nor jumping into conclusions , lets say I am speculating
but yeh, you are right , cant know if this is just a normal spike . As I mentioned on the OP, I am aware of the 4-5 years data. Also I am sure, the high number of earthquakes under magnitude 4 in Romania is not something usual either, it looks like it is kicking up everywhere.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Kenya is situated next to the Great African Rift. It looks like all the areas that can have a quake, decided to have one!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

are you sure about your numbers? On average there are over 14,000 4.0+ quakes a year. This means that we should be experiencing over a thousand such earthquakes in a month. So, not only is 550 below the monthly average the 250-350 claim is extremely below the monthly average.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I am not sure where the 14 000 figure comes from. We only exceeded the value of 1000 one week after the Japan quake, I remember having a thread about it ( www.abovetopsecret.com... ). If you are right, this would mean that the last 4-5 years were unusually quiet and now it is just going to normal

edit on 22-1-2012 by Romanian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romanian
Back 4-5 years ago, a typical value would be 200 to 300 ... Now it seems to exceed the value of 550 .

Over in the quake watch threads for the last couple of years, earthquake numbers are discussed and investigated on a regular basis.
The numbers you state do not exist.
The increase you state does not exist.

Maybe, if you wish to disagree with the previous analysis of historical trends, the currently running thread would be a good battle ground.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
If i could find a similar list with the one from IRIS , covering the last 4-5 years, i could plot a graph able to clarify if I am right or not ! Just a little Excel macro would do it.. any idea where I could download the data covering the last 5 years?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by FullMetalAlchemist

Eh , why the hell would you want that to change , you want lots of people to die

the majority of people in this state are sinners, and bad people... so i think it would be justified!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve95988

the majority of people in this state are sinners, and bad people... so i think it would be justified!

I'd like to believe this is a joke...But I know how screwed up people can become through religions (cults).

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

In the last week and a half, according to your link, there have been 13 with a magnitude of 6 or higher!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve95988

Msn this site has gotten overtun by weirdo religous hypos over the last couple years. Maybe u should get off the computer buddy, I guarantee you a lot of that hardware was thought of or created in this great state.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
1. A magnitude 4 is not significant, a magnitude 4 is classed as "light"
2. 5's are moderate and are only considered "significant" if someone is killed or there is damage to structures
3. 6's are classed as strong and only "significant" if they are near populated places.or cause damage
4. 7's are significant.
There has been no increase in Mag 7's, in fact they are on the downward trend right now
Major World Eq's 314-2012

We have had 9 mag 5's here in New Zealand which is higher than usual for January, but that doesn't say its a rising trend.
Just NZ, just 4's (not 5's,6's or higher)
2011 - 504
2010 - 391
2009 - 467
2008 - 266
2007 - 290
2006 - 234
2005 - 256
2004 - 267
2003 - 267

but you can't just look at 4's in isolation, and 9 years isn't long in the scheme of things either.

so to conclude there has been ONE significant (magnitude 7) earthquake in the last 30 days, not 550

edit on 22-1-2012 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
The question would be well settled once and for all....
Surely there must be x years of data....
The data we have is perhaps tainted, but why not just for kicks somebody plot it out and give us a graph or whatever....
Just by the 4 figures, its obvious that if the figures are correct, we have had a signifigant increase in fours for three years running now...
What the rest of the data says would be good to know definitively.....
Everyone seems to have an opine as to the frequency on the increase or wane etc...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join