It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we inside a black hole?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Not sure im on the ball here ,but could the black hole that sucks everything in also spit it out the other side in a big bang?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ITSALLGOOD

Another possibilty.
Although i am thinking big bang happens inside.
This could account for dark energy. I am first to bring this up, I checked.
It also has some very REAL implications.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Two thoughts. Light can't escape a black hole. Yet we can see light. Second, we know there are black holes in the universe and even in our own galaxy, so can black holes from within a black hole?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

That should read "Form"

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

Light is inside a black hole.
Why is light escaping from our universe/ black hole?
Also even this would work:
Light can indeed escape black holes.
It is part of the information leakage, off course it get broken down on exit.
Either way this could still work with multiple plausible explanations.
It is still not established if light cannot leak out as information, or a I mistaken?
Wether black holes exists in our universe is still debatable.
But either way, why can it it now exist inside?
This would be a multiverse theory: black hole within black hole, etc. till infinity.
However I have another idea.

edit on 23-1-2012 by BBalazs because: (no reason given)

REPHRASE: the question should really be, CAN LIGHT escape our UNIVERSE?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
well what do you think came first the galaxy or the black hole? or do they go hand in hand...

the way i see it is the black hole is the result of quqillions of stars, planets etc.. swirling around, thousands and thousands of miles a minute, at all times, during all time, creating all time..., and it is this amazingly powerful cycle of spin with tremendous forces, that create this unimaginable "eye of the tornado" like void, but since space is heavily linked with time and all surrounding action, forces like mass and gravity are linked with space itself, the void has been given ridiculous properties directly because of its surrounding circumstance .the space in the center of the galaxy is just a cluster *&$% of all galactic forces and movement, the apex of all eventual reactions, ... because this galaxy is also as an item, traveling through space in relation to surrounding galaxies and space... the black hole is kind of the center which keeps balance,,,

it seems like the universe is controlled by its set of rules, and its ways are far more complex, mysterious, numerous, wonderful, incredible,subtle, precise, chaotic, intelligent, beautiful, then humans could now close to close to close to^7 fully comprehend,

images.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Are we inside a black hole?...you mean my wallet???????? YES

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

just wow!
what a large black hole.
we could fit in there for sure!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I just posted a thread extrapolating this theory a bit

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

Read up on Walter Russell and his Cosmology. I keep saying this. I think you would like it.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by cplouffe

Thanks will check it out.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

showing that picture, i dont think we are in a black hole, why would that matter or mean anything? things are as they are with where we are now, in that picture we are a tiny rock following the drag of one of those stars, miniscule... but to us, which is important the rock is not that minescule,,, how would us being in a black hole, or a tuna fish sandwich, or riding a particle inside a microchip of gods computer, make any difference to the reality of what we are and what we can do?

im not tryna be a deek, speculating, deep thoughts and insights are awesome,, but what would it mean or matter??

what would that belief that we are in a black hole do for you?
edit on 23-1-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Oh it makes a huge difference.
And i have know checked out that a lot of leilgitimate physicists also think so.
Very big difference.
Does light leave our universe?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

can you throw me a bone? what difference? im tryna understand

does light leave the universe? ... ahh so your saying the whole universe on the macroest level imagined( the universe) maybe what is represented when we look at a black hole?

does light leave the universe? as far as we know light is created in the arena of universe, by stars,, light from stars just almost instantly blasts off in all directions at all times constantly... it travels as far and as everywhere it can,

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Philosophically it would make a huge difference. And also scientifically.
Now lets say we are in a black hole, where light cannot leave, just like the universe, and dark matter is a constant pull from outside (real universe).
Now we are faced with 1 question:
Are we inside a black hole inside a black hole (ad infinity) or is our black hole universe inside the universe rare (maybe a few exist)?
Now hole in hole would support multiverse theory. It is an infinity loop. Quite possible, why not?
Now if there are only a fe blackhole universes within real universe, why?
Obviously we cannot figure this out, but we can speculate.
How about an advanced species engineered the black hol universe for themselves, we just came about, by accident...

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

advanced species yea yea, so say we live in one of multi universes, is that what your suggesting? or you think that all universes are linked very closely so when we are living in this universe we are living in others as well?

in the observable universe, there is a certain uniformity, a pattern, a trend, a way, when we view the macro levels, leading many observers throughout history on this planet to believe that there was one artist, one creator,
we also believe that the laws we observe, and the ways of forces and energies, are "relatively constant" or consistent throughout, there may be areas where we cannot interpret the laws ruling the functions and forms, there may be an infinite number of areas like this,, but observing what scientists believe is a point in time billions of years after the birth or bang of the universe they believe that they can decipher and understand reoccurring patterns and themes that occur on all scales of "this" universe..

What do you hope is the truth? there are multi universes? and then what? what is the difference between that and there being quadrillions of realities of consciousness and dimensional scale on planets like ours and planets throughout the universe? or is it that you hope there are universes that are just completely different then this one, different ways of space, energy, color, combinations of pattern, time, size, just a universe of feeling, a universe that is jello, a universe where everything is you and of your accord,

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I would tend to belief that we do not live in a black hole.

Actually I think we live in the "opposite" of what a "black hole" is.

Considering cosmologists think that every Galaxy has a black hole, than it's reasonable to say that the black hole and galaxy are opposites at best and related at worst.

Isn't a galaxy the inverse function of the black hole, or something like that?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Z
You write:
"in the observable universe, there is a certain uniformity, a pattern, a trend, a way, when we view the macro levels, leading many observers throughout history on this planet to believe that there was one artist, one creator, 
we also believe that the laws we observe, and the ways of forces and energies, are "relatively constant" or consistent throughout, there may be areas where we cannot interpret the laws ruling the functions and forms, there may be an infinite number of areas like this,, but observing what scientists believe is a point in time billions of years after the birth or bang of the universe they believe that they can decipher and understand reoccurring patterns and themes that occur on all scales of "this" universe.. "
This makes no sense. If we are in a black hole, what we observe is our universe. I see no paradox.
I dont even understand why you write this in al honesty. I think you misunderstand me.

Then, my answers are written is:

What do you hope is the truth?
??????????????
Why do i need to hope or even believe to speculate?
What is the truth?
There is No such thing as the truth.
We observe and our observations become more accurate.
Thats all folks.

there are multi universes? and then what?
Exactly. Multiverses is of no consequence at this moment.
I dont speculate on unconsequencial stuff.
Even is there are multiverses, we have to live here.
At least until we advance to possible undertsand better, however that seem far away, especially as it is a theory so far. It is vert cool though, but why do tou think i care. I dont! I just like to understand.

what is the difference between that and there being quadrillions of realities of consciousness and dimensional scale on planets like ours and planets throughout the universe? or is it that you hope there are universes that are just completely different then this one, different ways of space, energy, color, combinations of pattern, time, size, just a universe of feeling, a universe that is jello, a universe where everything is you and of your accord,

Again no hope here.
I am thinking and offering possible explanations.
It seems you think i am searching for something.
I am not.
It seems more like you are looking for truth and god, then me.
I have no need for such things.
Thinking about the improbable opens your mind and creativity.
It is what makes us gods.
It should be practiced every day.
So what are your points?

I have on my own thinking come up with black hole explanation that is shared with many scientists.
I ahev also offered a multiverse explanation.
And another one too.
All on my own accord and thinking.
Why do you think i attach feelings to this?
Why?
Because you do?
Ps: the universe may not be of my own accord, but it is within me and you. This is a fact. We are part of it.
And our thinking is of our own accord.
Dont you think so?
Or is someone thinking for you?
Now that would be ridicolous.
edit on 24-1-2012 by BBalazs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

edit on 24-1-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a speculative idea you yourself came up with, i was simply trying to understand why it was relevant to you.. you didn't prove there are multiverses or that we live in a black hole in a black hole, you just proclaimed it as an idea so i was questioning what or why that idea was attractive to you, in terms of meaning, or relevance, or usefulness..

i agree there are multiple universes, there have been infinity number of universes created right before this one, and be fore that a million more, and in this moment of time, a billion more were created somewhere outside this one,
we are very late to the party, but it is our kinda party.
edit on 24-1-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join