It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skull found on Apollo 11 Photograph

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
This one is staring back at the Astronaut. And the Astronaut is having a closer look at it.

Position in Original Image

Original Link

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Dude, the likenesses are getting more and more obscure now.

This is bordering on a mental disorder. Take a step back and get a grip?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
that crouching body one looks pretty creepy
i mean... chances are it's just a rock
but what a creepy one

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Final picture from the set. A skull of an animal like creature.

If you look at the rock in sleeping position, it looks like a right half side of a face of a being with large eyes and a slit face.

Once again let me assure you i am not sitting on judgement what these rocks are. But from the Apollo 11 transcripts, there is mention of a cat paw like rock and other images but none of these images have caught their attention or have decided to ignore it.

And there are one too many images to ignore...even if it seems like Pareidolia.

And even if these are rocks, it is fun to explore the images instead of just staring at a barren landscape.

Position in Original Link

Original Link

edit on 23-1-2012 by guyfrom2007 because: new information on the image

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim
Sometimes I wonder if the entire "life on the moon", "life on Mars" debate would disappear if people would just learn what pareidolia is.

This very well could be a case of pareidolia but too often we just throw that word out there. Maybe it is a skull? Even if it is just a rock, it's pretty interesting. Not every instance of an object looking like something, is pareidolia.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by amazing

Originally posted by humphreysjim
Sometimes I wonder if the entire "life on the moon", "life on Mars" debate would disappear if people would just learn what pareidolia is.

This very well could be a case of pareidolia but too often we just throw that word out there. Maybe it is a skull? Even if it is just a rock, it's pretty interesting. Not every instance of an object looking like something, is pareidolia.

Okay, but a few things of note here:

1) put in context, the likelihood of there actually being skulls on the moon, and NASA flippantly publishing photos of them without comment, is extremely unlikely
2) these look very much like rocks, and only pose a vague resemblance to the things the OP is suggesting they do
3) if it is just a rock, and we have absolutely no rational reason to think it isn't, then it isn't interesting at all, it's just a rock

Rocks that vaguely resemble faces are all over the place.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

doubtfulnews.com...

www.kurzweilai.net...

2.bp.blogspot.com...

www.thefolklorist.com...

webecoist.momtastic.com...

The above are way better examples of pareidolia, but there is no thread on them because they are here on Earth and we know they're obviously not skulls, or alien buildings. Let's deny ignorance not encourage it.

A very big warning sign that you are spouting BS is when 99% of ATS members won't even get on board with your ideas, and these are people who truly want to believe.
edit on 23-1-2012 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I guess the only good thing about this thread is that anyone who thinks these are skulls will at least have to concede we really went to the moon

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by guyfrom2007

Let's assume, suspending disbelief, that a dead body was on the moon-- a near vacuum.

Exactly how might the flesh and sinews disappear? Would not we expect the body to be mummified seeing how there would be no living microbes to consume it?

And while finding a skull on earth without the rest of the skeleton would be due to carnivorous animals (or weather) taking various parts to different locations, how would that happen on the moon?

The above items to contemplate (along with the impression I have that it does not resemble a skull even with averted imagination) I think it would be safe and reasonable to rule out the existence of a skull on the Lunar surface.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Here, I have some gifts for you. Are you aware of this guy on YouTube? Maybe you two should get together?

His name is Dave Stacey, former "Army ASA Intelligence Veteran".

Apparently he lives in Richmond, VA. He has written to his Senators, he has written to his local paper

He thinks he's on a "mission from god" (**)....

(**) I can't help but be reminded of that phrase, here:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

Who'd have thunk...Smurfs on Mars....

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Finished with Apollo 11 Pictures and started with Apollo 17.

Nothing interesting so far with the Apollo 17 pictures and so far no color pictures only B/W and of low quality.

Why?

And in some pictures you see the stars in the night sky and in some you do not in the same location.
edit on 23-1-2012 by guyfrom2007 because: (no reason given)

Going backwards and now coming across color medium resolution pictures. While the Apollo 11 landscape seemed virgin, the one where Apollo 17 landed seems like a waste land. And the buggy that the astronauts roved over leaves no traces of anything moon like.
edit on 23-1-2012 by guyfrom2007 because: new information

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

You joking?

Nothing interesting so far with the Apollo 17 pictures and so far no color pictures only B/W and of low quality.

You aren't looking at the proper sources, obviously. Odd that.....since this very thread has them posted. Funny how someone will make that claim of "no color pictures", when it is an obvious falsehood.

This leads to a disturbing conclusion, and it has been raised previously RE: this OP.........

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird

You joking?

You aren't looking at the proper sources, obviously. Odd that.....since this very thread has them posted. Funny how someone will make that claim of "no color pictures", when it is an obvious falsehood.

This leads to a disturbing conclusion, and it has been raised previously RE: this OP.........

This is what happens when an OP puts their fingers in their ears and goes....lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala.....

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Found a cow on the Moon or so it seems.

Original Link

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by guyfrom2007
Found a cow on the Moon or so it seems.

Original Link

OK...I'm officially calling troll.....

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Another Skull like rock.

Original Link

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

this picture clearly shows a small skull on the surface of the moon as Neil Armstrong Steps on the moon on Apollo 11.

Edit: this picture vaguely shows a small rock on the surface of the moon...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Why does the earth look so small from the moon as compared to the size on the moon seen from earth, when the earth is many times larger than the moon.

That is a good point that my girlfriend recently brought up!! just note i never made fun of your post but i do also see the anomalies you see while at times i don't see what you see, Don't let people laugh at you, you are bringing up some really good points.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Wow! That amazing!
Is that a singing chipmunk skull!?
Good work!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by camouflaged

Thanks. I do not and cannot make any conclusions on the findings I offer. These are just impressions and have to be further investigated.

Sometimes I do like to lighten up the mood specially when it is late night and one is feeling very sleepy.

Cheers

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join