It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Footwear Affects Your Mood.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
This has been something that I have realized my entire life, but I felt like sharing it with you all.

Have you notice how footwear affects your mood? I will start with a personal anecdote.

About a half a year ago, I bought a really awesome pair of shoes. They were totally my style and they matched me nicely. But after I while, I realized that these shoes were slightly too small. Of course, this was a few weeks after I bought them and they were already dirty and such, so there was no chance of returning them.

I notice that when I wear these shoes, I am a little more on edge, mostly because they are cutting of the circulation in my feet a tad. I can never really feel completely comfortable and at ease while wearing them.

On the other hand, I have these amazingly comfortable pair of slippers. When I wear them, I feel much more relaxed and my feet feel very free and comfortable. I am wearing them right now, and I feel much more comfortable than I did last night when I wore my shoes.

Last night, I saw a woman wearing these ridiculously high heel shoes. I could see her face grimacing as she hobbled around uncomfortably. I actually went up and asked her "Why would you put yourself through that?" She said "I am breaking them in."

I thought it was rather silly.

I don't hate all shoes. In fact I have a pair of boots that I wear when I'm out trekking in nature. They are very comfortable and I don't mind wearing them.

I think the message here is, we need to make sure our feet our happy, even if it means looking slightly less fashionable.

So to conclude this thread, does anyone else here find that your choice of footwear affects your mood and your being?
edit on 22-1-2012 by SolarE-Souljah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

i agree 100% i have a pair of shoes i have to wear to work and they are too big and uncomfortable and whenever i put them on I'm more irritable i greatly prefer no shoes at all times but that's just not possible

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I went camping like a year ago, what was different about that camping trip was I spent the entire trip barefoot.
I noticed the difference too, the bottoms are not sensitive like they were, I can walk in the snow, wet grass etc and it takes much less time to adapt to the cold, or I can walk on rocks, concrete and it's not like it used to be.

as for shoes, I spend a lot of time barefoot now because of how it feels, but I wear slippers sometimes or nice black dress shoes when I go out in public, but nothing feels like barefoot now that I went it for so long in the wild

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
When I'm wearing my sexy strappy 5" open toe sandals in the summer...I feel like a little vixen...

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
whn i put on my converse (clown shoes) i feel like a freaking murder

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Shoes and different moods resulting from them is a female thing. Men, er a most men, put on a pair of shoes and as long as their feet feel fairly comfortable while wearing them or working in them, they will be in a good mood.

Women and shoes is a different story apparently. Females are strange creatures when it comes to foot-wear. Super strange.

edit on 22-1-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

When i take off my heavy boots and lie down ,i feel like a little vixen as well

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 22-1-2012 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
When I'm wearing my sexy strappy 5" open toe sandals in the summer...I feel like a little vixen...

I can't handle a one inch heel.
Shoes do make a statement about you, especially woman's.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

Originally posted by Destinyone

I can't handle a one inch heel.
Shoes do make a statement about you, especially woman's.

I have the Imelda Marcos shoe collection. I love my shoes...and don't get me started on boots.....

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
As an older citizen I can tell you that I long ago discovered this and dress accordingly. Only what feels good goes on my dogs. Don't care about sexy, or even nice, no one looks at us older folk anyway. Comfort is the thing that matters!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
now i know nothing of this subject but i have heard that the feet are very powerful points of chakra energy... totally makes sense to be honest, i'm definitely going to think more in the future about my choices of shoe

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I rarely where any footwear anymore. That means I have trouble finding work but 95% of the time I am barefoot. Has been this way for roughly 6-7 months now and by god it feels good.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Th0r

You may be interested in this
www.earthinginstitute.net...

"There is mounting evidence that the lack of contact with the earth’s surface is detrimental to
man’s health. Recent research shows that connecting the human body to the earth’s surface
during sleep normalizes circadian cortisol profiles and reduces or eliminates stress-related
symptoms, including sleep dysfunction, pain, digestive distress and anxiety"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I agree that footwear can affect your mood. I notice this mostly when I take off my shoes and put on slippers or go barefoot. It's a very relaxing, soothing feeling when you come home from a day out and take off your shoes.

top topics

join