It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extremely strange Lucid Dreaming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
To start this post off I would like to state that I have been into lucid dreaming for almost 6 months now. I have always been ardent about it, but I never seemed to get some techniques down on it (WILD, etc.). Needless to say, I have successfully dreamed lucidly about 6 times. I also have been listening to binaural beats for a while, mostly theta, alpha and beta. But for a week now I have been listening to delta waves as well as epsilon waves (Epsilon waves are 0.5 Hz and lower), as well as certain collections from the Monroe Institute. I have been a great dream re caller, and have picked up great details whilst dreaming. For the past week of listening to only delta waves, I have noticed my dreams are much different than when I normally dream. My dreams are much more vivid, and childish. I have also noticed that my dreams are complied from my memory and experiences (I can point out many experiences from my dreams), contrasted to when I normally dream.

Now for the lucid dream. The dream began, and I was near my dining room downstairs. I asked myself, am I dreaming? At that moment I became aware that I was dreaming. To make sure I was dreaming, I looked in the mirror and saw my reflection. I looked normal, but a little zoned out. This confused me quite a bit knowing I was dreaming. I then looked over to my living room to find that chairs from our table were placed in a circular manner. I contemplated at the chairs. I then proceeded for a strange reason to lift up the chairs using psychokinesis. I tried this and got a sensation that something was floating. I then realized in a dream, you can't control your environment, so I have up the superfluous task. I questioned myself weather I was actually dreaming, because it seemed very realistic. I finally tested the floor to see if it was soft (another reality check in lucid dreaming/ astral projection). I have hardwood floors, and I felt nothing but the wood supporting my feet. I became frustrated and confused at the conclusion, so I punched at the wall. I felt elusive pain when I hit it. After striking at the wall. I gave in and realized that I wasn't lucid dreaming, but at the same time I knew I was.

Has this ever happened to any of you?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Warpthal

Lucid dreams can take all kinds of forms. Dreams are heavily influenced by what you think, expect and fear. So it was probably your mind that affected it.
Either way sounds like a interesting dream.

Dream control is something i had issues with as well, until i realized that it was all about confidence and expectations. If you even have slight doubt when you try to do something then it might affect the outcome.

Have you by the way tried out the DEILD technique? It is basically nearly same as WILD but much faster and easier for some.
edit on 22-1-2012 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I actually tried to recover my account one night to reply to this because I can help you so much so quick and I cant believe nobody else has said what I'm about to say!! You seem to understand reality checks, but let me just make sure. Throughout the day you randomly do a reality check to see if your dreaming or are awake and you do this until you develop it as a habit and then you end up doing it in your sleep. Your missing the easiest test of all, a truly amazing trick which has changed my life. Just plug your nose... Right now, and try to breath through your nostrils.... if you CANT breath through theny our awaake.. see if your sleeping and your in a dream and you do the test you can actually still breath through your nose because your actual nose isn't plugged!!! it works EVVVERRYTIME!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I don't remember when I started lucid dreaming it was so long ago. I usually don't remember my dreams unless I sleep a lot. I remember several dreams I didn't like something and I woke up out of them and then realized I was dreaming and revisited those dreams changing things. I believe eventually I stopped waking completely up and only woke up enough to realize I'm in a dream. A lot of my dreams are different. The level of control can vary a great deal as well. I've had so many lucid dreams that flying or having other super powers in my dreams doesn't always make me realize I'm dreaming so my dreams have been the stuff of movies no one has seen except me.

Several dreams I recall learning to float or levitate up into the air. Some dreams didn't seem lucid at all but I was still altering the dream without thinking about it. In a few dreams I was able to alter everything. I felt all powerful. My mind even seemed to be outside my body spread out to every atom in the universe. That was interesting.

I suddenly remember in one dream I was learning how to levitate and wanted to see how high I could go. I was in Earth orbit before I knew it.

Other dreams I barely floated 2 feet off the ground.

new topics

top topics

join