It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Unemployment Corruption

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resentedhalo08

My main gripe is the FACT that when your working for an agency you have NO workers rights, what has been fought for for over 100 years has been circumvented by work agencies, you can have a job one day and find out it's gone the next, this happened to me, I was working with Virgin Trains through an agency, it was the best job I've ever had and I came in on the monday at 6am only to find I had been sacked on the friday... the agency did not inform me or anything.

That's what i have noticed with all these new agencies propin up everywhere.

They recruit and sack workers as it suits them best and they make you work like dogs in factories for pennies.

Things weren't as bad until UK joined with EU and all these immigrants started flowing in, in their millions. Now i am not blaming the immigrants as they are here to get a better life but i blame the government for using these people as slave labor leaving the Brits with no option but to work as slave labor too due to ''immense competition''.
edit on 23-1-2012 by forklift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britman

One more thing, to be far the staff at my local job centre they are actually nice people, they seem to understand how sh!t the job market is at the moment and some seem to be aware of the scams and false job adverts.

I have always found it handy to be polite to the staff, never get angry and treat them like fellow humans

Yep, I'm always polite, thats how I got the comfirmation concerning the £400 payment.
Good luck with the meeting.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

reply to post by VoidHawk

So, to repeat what I wrote at the top. What do you think I should do about it. Where/whome should I write to cause as much fuss as possible?

Dont go to the government - Both labour/conservatives are self serving right wing socio-paths. They dont care about you, your life or any problems you may have. Its up to you - as an individual - to survive in the world they have moulded.

I think this is absolutely right.

While it might seem unthinkable for most of us to not care or think about the welfare of other people, I honestly believe that those who weild the power just do not care.

They are interested only in their own welfare, we do not count, we are just statistics and numbers with an attached value or cost.

Who cares how bad crime is, whether the health service doesn't work, or how bad our lives are, etc.

Why should they spend £Billions of pounds sorting out these problems for us when they can just keep the money instead, share it around themselves and have the best of everything they want.

I honestly believe there is a 2 tier world - the illusionary tier that we live in where all of these services are provided for our welfare and benefit, and politicians etc care about us and society;

And the top tier where those in power have everything they want and spend their time thinking about how to maintain the illusion, and how to come up with new schemes designed to squeeze more money out of the rest of us.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I so understand where you’re coming from. I recently found a job after being unemployed for 5 long depressing months. I know I should be grateful to have fulltime work --- and I am --- except that it is the same type of #ty job I used to have before I completed University and then college. So in other words, I wasted 6-7 years of my life (and am now ridiculously in debt from student loans) only to get a very low-paying tech support job. (That needs no more education than grade 12)

I’m glad you were able to recognize the hypocrisy of the system, because many people think that these programs are sincerely for their benefit and might not think to question jerks like that “psychology worker.” Talk about kicking people when they’re down.

I hope that you find a decent job soon!
(And you’re 100% right --- employees should be valued and treated with respect --- because without us --- the big corporations wouldn’t exist.)

edit on 23-1-2012 by OwenandNoelle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
No jobs, threats of gettin benifits stopped if u can't find work in a certain period of time, benifits gettin capped
our government treating us like lazy slobs with no intentions of working!
It's the governments fault our country is like this not the other way round.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
the entire thing is very sad, there are a couple of things i would like to say, good and bad:

when i was unemployed for at least 12mnths i was sent to Working Links, the basis being that they were allowed to use up to 10 weeks worth of benefit money to help you get a job. This was a great scheme and i really enjoyed it and here is why:

I told them i wanted to get my taxi license as it was a good way to go from unemployed to making 30k + a year. So they said "right, you go off and get the details of how much it would cost and come back and we can tell you if we can help" So i got he costs (less than 10 weeks benefit money. So they said " fine, you go ahead and start doing the courses and start doing what you need to do, bring us receipts and we will reimburse you"

So that was a fantastic way to do it, they never once tried to send me on some useless course or funnel me through endless scam/bs, they just said, ok you go away and get it done and we will repay you.So, if the OP had have been given the same chances, to do things himself he would have ended up better off and cost the government less money.

The sad thing is that what happens is just classic really, the government come up with a good idea (in principle), but by the time it gets contracted,sub contracted, pass around all the channels, the end result is just a pile of trash that has already been sucked dry and is of no good to anyone. imagine it like this:

you're in a room and the host wants to pass round an amazing box of chocolates, sounds good, looks good. The only problem is that, by the time it's been passed round the room and all the fatties have stuffed their hands in there, when it comes round to you there's nothing left but a mangled box with a coffee creme left!!

unfortunately for us uk setup right now is about taking off what you can for free and pass it on to someone else. I thought the quote from an earlier poster was very key, they say how 16 companies have been awarded the deals to provide these services, and those companies will likely sub contract the work again.

It's just filtering, these 16 companies will steal as much free money as they can before passing on the whole point of the thing to someone else, who will then do the same, until we end up with some 5th level company being left with the problem of actually having to deliver the whole point of the scheme in the first place, while the other 4 levels just steal as much as they can for as little cost as possible

very sad indeed, and for what it's worth, the jobcentre people have always been very nice with me, they are just normal people doing a job just like anyone else, and the impression that i get from all of them is that they know how # the system is, they know it doesn't work, but there's nothing they can do, that's what they are told they have to do, so i always felt like they wanted to help , but knew the system was no good , or easy to understand
edit on 23-1-2012 by Equ1nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Sounds like your Local Council is pretty much screwed, any time ive been a doley to renew my health and safety tickets they send me localy and pay it, takes half a day.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherHumanBeing
reply to post by PW229

shes fat because i see her stuff her face all the time and i can see her rubbish in the garden.. i cant afford luxarys such as ribena i had standard juice.. my quarrel was the fact i work to get the same if not less.. not because she is poor i am poor too FFS!

i never said nothing of the sort... look at you jumping on your high and mighty horse trying to give knowledge.... i was simply stating the fact that i work 5 days a week so she can afford BETTER food... she has M&S carry bags FFS!
edit on 23-1-2012 by AnotherHumanBeing because: (no reason given)

also just want to add that im skinny! so all this about "diet linking to poverty" is BS. i have never earned enough money for FRESH fruit and veg all the time i just dont stuff my face with 10 packets of crisps instead of 1 like everyone else
edit on 23-1-2012 by AnotherHumanBeing because: (no reason given)

Wow, what a response, and yes, I was trying to give knowledge but not from a pedestal on high, you just took it that way. You managed to take a simple explanation and turn it into a personal affront. Who's the fool here?

Allow me to explain myself (before you bash your keyboard with another rant). I am a working man here in the UK. I pay taxes and National Insurance just like you. But I am well aware of something, at some point in the future it may be me in that dole queue, it may be me trying to feed my children and keep them warm on the pittance the Daily Mail brigade deems acceptable. There but for the grace of God go I.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equ1nox

imagine it like this:

you're in a room and the host wants to pass round an amazing box of chocolates, sounds good, looks good. The only problem is that, by the time it's been passed round the room and all the fatties have stuffed their hands in there, when it comes round to you there's nothing left but a mangled box with a coffee creme left!!

Thanks I needed cheering up

But I know you were being serious.

Originally posted by Equ1nox
unfortunately for us uk setup right now is about taking off what you can for free and pass it on to someone else. I thought the quote from an earlier poster was very key, they say how 16 companies have been awarded the deals to provide these services, and those companies will likely sub contract the work again.

It's just filtering, these 16 companies will steal as much free money as they can before passing on the whole point of the thing to someone else, who will then do the same, until we end up with some 5th level company being left with the problem of actually having to deliver the whole point of the scheme in the first place, while the other 4 levels just steal as much as they can for as little cost as possible
When its so blatently obvious how criminal it all is it realy brings it home.that we are led by criminals.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Actually just to add to this thread about corruption, ALOT of people are having there benefits stopped because they didn't turn up an appointment - Yet they claim they were never told about it. Think there's foul play there by the benefits office, finding any reason they can to boot people off and save money.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by PW229

She made me smile too, I think she sussed it a bit later in the thread though.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DutchBigBoy
What the OP has put here is happening all over the world. People are getting fired to make room for younger and cheaper workers. After a while it will become more difficult to get a job because you were out of work to long according to the employers. Companies don't give a sh*t how people try to get an income. Their only goal is getting richer and when you think you are in, then you will be fired again. I personally experienced this for several times.

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Originally posted by Dartelheden
reply to post by funnybones

Is there any place left on earth where you can live off the land without TPTB bothering you?

Only your grave. Mind you they'll probably want you to pay rent for that too.

In the Netherlands it is common to buy a grave for 30 years after that the contract is broken and the grave will be used for someone else. Also it is possible to lent a grave. most of the time these are 5 year contracts.

Ha ha so what will they do if you dont pay your grave sue you?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Thanks for the Thread VoidHawk, lot's of helpful info!

...We were then told that for the next two days we were being given a little treat!!!

The man arrived. He is private company #3.
When we walked into the room we found he’d set up a projection screen. On the screen were the words
PSYCHOLOGY – CHANGING AUTOMATIC RESPONSES.
This set alarm bells ringing in my head, I watched and listened very carefully.
The first thing he said was “It’s your own fault your unemployed, you need to set your sights lower and be prepared to work for less”

Intimidation!

He went on to say “The corporations are doing everything they can to help us”

Coersion!

I watched in disbelief at what was taking place. He was using psychological techniques to change peoples opinion on why we go to work. According to him we go to work for the good of our country and that is it.

Towards the end of the day I poked my nose in again and asked if he had any qualifications to practice psychology and he avoided my question. The next day the first thing he told me was “I don’t need a qualification because I don’t call myself a Psychologist; he’d obviously gotten advice from his masters.

NLP in action.

Originally posted by lostjohnny

Sounds like a lead-up to "Cameron's Big Society" which means that our Gov't leader wants us to carry on working, but for no money - like we did in the war.

Only this time, we won't be working to keep the Nazis from our doorstep, it's because our Gov't has failed us by allowing the economy to be ransacked by hedge fund managers and investors.

Big society, where everyone pulls together and accepts austerity? Just like we did in the war (is a racket) with the Nazi's? Only this time the racket involves redundancies in the armed forces and rumours of the introduction of some form of National Service. It would not suprise me to learn that the longterm unemployed are earmarked for testing mandatory draft.

Originally posted by mr-lizard
I've just this minute received a phone call from the job centre - they wish to arrange a home visit (because I've just changed addresses) - Any idea why they want to visit me at home?

I'm wondering if it's because i'm living with two other people in a house share - are they checking to see if i'm still entitled to my benefits?

Very odd.

Not to alarm you but the only time the DWP wanted to visit me at home it was because they 'had reason to believe there was an anomolie with my claim', ie, it was a fraud investigation. When you speak to them to arrange the 'meeting', ask them to confirm the appointment in writing along with confirmation of the reason for the meeting. I did not have to endure a home visit and the investigation was dropped so I cannot offer any real info etc about how they work this one but to be honest I think you have either been randomly selected under some performance quota type arrangement or you have been referred to them for fraud.

Originally posted by lukeUK
we will have to change the number we've had since having a phone line.
Also Im getting 2 letters a week from them

The latest these guys have been phoning recently is 7pm at night.

I get the feeling when I answered them and asked them to stop, they kept talking crap ' you have to attend' I have to give details' etc...It gotten to the point now that I think they are phoning just for the fun of it.

This one works with 3 counts and you're out! Firmly request that they desist from calling you, offer an explanation if you will but keep it succinct and at some time, mention the fact that they are in fact, harassing you. Tell them again and if you like, confirm this in writing. Keep records of all calls/correspondence. If they contact you again after 3 requests to desist, sue them!
edit on 23/1/2012 by teapot because: format

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

scotland here. and yep just as bad ive been messed around for 2 years in feb now, cant get any interviews. theyve put me on a back to work programme 2 year mandatory! all i need is my cscs card renewed but they tell me no its a waste of time. go work in a call centre, i cant because im in debt ... yeah whats that all about!? the courses are a disgrace "how to dress" "how to sit" "search 10 jobs a day" your lucky if theres 10 jobs advertised in a week. they told us to draw pictures true story.
now im being told its my fault there are jobs everywhere. now im being told to go work for free and at the end of it ill have a job if they like me. when i told them im not zipped up the back of the head theyll just get someone else to work for free they told me im wrong and there are things in place to stop that happening.
havnt met one person that got a job yet thro this scam... i mean scheme.
when i brought up the point youve made last year i was laughed at. feel a bit better knowing im not a total paranoia case. john lydon hit the nail on the head in the 70s with god save the queen.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Its amazing what humans are capable of,im reminded of the jewish ghettos and think of the 'Jüdischer Ordnungsdienst' i then move onto the concentration camps and think of the 'kapo's'.Sadly we are on the verge here clockwork orange open your eyes. the total dissemination of social cohesion, community is an archaic term.What constitutes 'right' or 'wrong' is measured by compensation or worth not worth as a principle but marketable worth.When a top r n b singer can buy off a hospital to the tune of 1.4 million dollars to ensure a whole floor is cleared for thier own self indulgent self serving sense of entitlement so that privacy is ensured.whats more shocking?that while numerous children perish from neglect or abuse at the same time another is given a 1 milion dollar privacy space.Or anyone or anything can be bought? let me tell you everybody has their price i dont mean at all to be offensive or inflammitory but how many potential kapo's are on ats?.The pseudo psychologist worker in this OP is one of many of the new kapo's springing up.One term ive heard asked or mused over thousands of times "How could the holocaust happen in 20th century?what we know now it would never happen again"?loool you kiddin there is a gossamer thin veil between order and bestial anarchy.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
My first question would be: WHY did the British public vote in the Conservatives? Don't they realize yet that the Cons are in bed with Big Business and always have been?? It scares me that the British public was stupid enough to fall for The Cons blaming Labour for a recession (depression) that is very much global in scope! You get what you vote for...

Sorry to hear all this - but it doesn't suprise me in the least.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AlanQaida

agree with a lot on this thread, but I know plenty of people on low incoms who are skinny/not fat, you can buy big packs of pasta for very little money.

Just on a sidenote with regards being obese, I think it is more of a "mental" issue where you maybe just have low self esteem because of the situation and give up hope,

Some people are also greedy whether rich or poor

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Now do you understand why the government needs to stay out of the market?

Quite the opposite: This is why Big Business should stay the hell out of politics! The more the UK has privatized it's Gov., the more inefficient and corrupt it has become. Big Biz is there to make money - period - NOT help people out or offer useful services...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Now do you understand why the government needs to stay out of the market?

Quite the opposite: This is why Big Business should stay the hell out of politics! The more the UK has privatized it's Gov., the more inefficient and corrupt it has become. Big Biz is there to make money - period - NOT help people out or offer useful services...

Increased govt regulation goes hand in hand with big business- only big business has the finances and capability to deal with the myriad of regulations and requirements and the little man gets squeezed

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999
My first question would be: WHY did the British public vote in the Conservatives? Don't they realize yet that the Cons are in bed with Big Business and always have been??

Only 36% of voters actually voted Tory, the vast majority did not.
But they did have the biggest share and the Lib Dems, despite (apparently) having the polar opposite ideals and values, decided to jump into bed and **** the country.

*sigh*

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join