It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Unemployment Corruption

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkofmimir

Originally posted by mc1km

There is even a mention of their 'fraudulent activities' in their wiki page, they blamed this on a few bad eggs but I can assure you it's normal practice by these companies.
edit on 22-1-2012 by mc1km because: correction

While I never had to deal with a4e I can tell you from personal experience that several of there competitors are quite happy to commit fraud too! of course its the tax pay paying for this fraud, and the jobseeker suffering for it.
edit on 22-1-2012 by monkofmimir because: (no reason given)

I don't doubt that they're all at it, it's become big money these back to work contracts... they don't even have to find people work to make a ton of cash. It's probably better for them to just leave people on the unemployed conveyorbelt to come back around so that they can make even more money.

Look at this gem from the wiki page:

More recently, A4e have been taken to task by a Social Security Tribunal for halting the benefit payments of claimants who wished to be accompanied by representatives of their choice at meetings run by A4e. The report also states that members of A4e lied to the DWP in order to cut the benefits to claimants.

So if you don't play ball and they can't make any money from you they will simply lie to the DWP to get your money stopped.

edit on 22-1-2012 by mc1km because: grammar

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I realised years ago mate, someone should phone the police.
Its all sewn up in university, these posh gits with their mates interns. Its not what you know its who know. These are very clever people, they have it all sewn up. They learnt it from our rampant capitalist country the u.s.a.
Over there in the great old u.s.a they make money out of everything, prisoners, the poor, the sick.
Judges getting back handers to jail teens so they can make money for the prison Comapany. A young girl got 18months for flicking food at her stepfather. And we are the 51state.

The british people have been sold. there's maybe 3grand to make out of someone unemployed even more for the long term unemployed.
Then there is extortionate rise of council rents that then get took over by housing associations, Aha profit more profit, no one can afford to work and pay rent. Genius.
Now they are after our n.h.s ,they have already got our bins, transport, utilities etc etc.and they have a good propotion of our schools with these new Academies where they are about to recieve the new pupil premium for children on free school meals, meanwhile children now have to buy their coursework books. Someones profiting and its not the people.
Welcome to broken britain.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

Found a page with a list of the main contractors with the goverment and which area they operate in.
I really didt think there were this many companies in the unemployment business.

The page is dated 11th april 2011.

The government has announced the main contractors who will take on the task of delivering the new Jobcentre Plus welfare-to-work programme, due to start going live in June and July this year. The 16 private and two voluntary-sector organisations named as Work Programme preferred bidders will now go on to award sub-contracts and recruit staff to do the actual delivery.

Linky

Now if A4e made this much profit last year.

A4e’s top management received £4.7m in the year to last March, up from £2.2m the year before. Revenues rose to £234m, up from £190m, and pre-tax profits hit £15.1m.

Another Linky

Then its safe to say a LOT of money to be made in unemployment.

edit on 22/1/2012 by skuly because: linky typo

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Why would the government refund you expired plane tickets?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
This basicly makes you working for the state. They own you and can keep you in the mess as long as they wish. This reeks of the game the USA was pulling with the prison workers. Give them long sentances and then farm them out to the big business at a profit.
Expose it, don't do business with it and it will fold up.

thay

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

Who said anything about REFUNDING PLANE tickets???

ah I see what you've done. Expired permit to drive might help you understand. We often refer to them as tickets over here.
edit on 22-1-2012 by VoidHawk because: coz I could

edit on 22-1-2012 by VoidHawk because: coz I could

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
the worse thing that the wages are so low that every family in my area have to claim benefits to top up their wages.
Unemployed people work at asda/walmart for 10pound a week. They stand in the car park with a sign saying '' empty space''. if they don't they get their benefits cut.
Every fake vacancy has 20applicants.
everyone knows that the higher up you are the more corrupt you have to be........
no hope , no social mobility only the criminals and corrupt succeed.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by allintoaccount

You know, what realy boggles my mind is the average joe in the street is unable to see whats happening even when you poke it in their face. It's like the people I met while on the course, a totaly blank expression.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Sounds like a lead-up to "Cameron's Big Society" which means that our Gov't leader wants us to carry on working, but for no money - like we did in the war.

Only this time, we won't be working to keep the Nazis from our doorstep, it's because our Gov't has failed us by allowing the economy to be ransacked by hedge fund managers and investors.

BTW, if anyone is looking to invest, put some money into training companies. It sounds like they are making a few quid!

Oh, and when we complain that the Gov't has failed us, they can blame us for voting in a Hung Parliament

edit on 22/1/2012 by lostjohnny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
i have been unemployed now for over a year due to redundancy. the jobcentre don't help, the companies they send you to don't help, the system is broken. i too am up for manditory work and i am not looking forward to it. my brother did it once with the promise of a job at the end and he got nothing after a month of working for a particular building and garden material supplier, and to add insult the people that did actually work at this company didn't do much work and often jokingly referred to him as "the slave" which technically he was along with everyone else that receives jobseekers allowance.

WE MUST OBEY OR THEY TAKE IT AWAY!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeBombDiggity
reply to post by skuly

My Scottish gf works for the job centre. She says that supermarket giant Tesco are paying off their own staff to take on unpaid unemployed workers instead through the Work Experience scheme. She and her colleagues are horrified by what is happening but there's nothing they can do about it, it's a national government policy.

Haven't read further, but...

Can anyOne say... Slavery?

How many of those slaves think doing that work is Their bliss?

As MY job on this planet is to spread the word that free energy extraction IS on this planet (in electrogravitics), and that free energy would make what represents meaningful energy expended moot (money), and that We could fill all jobs no One wants to do with robots...

Since the idea is to have all Humanity housed, fed well, doing what brings Them bliss...not being slaves in the system, I suggest any interested in the solution do a search for "electrogravitics Amaterasu." (I would link to My threads but have My reasons not to.)

OP, may My work make Your conundrum - an unconscionable waste of money - vanish. Thank You for sharing.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by lostjohnny

Sounds like a lead-up to "Cameron's Big Society" which means that our Gov't leader wants us to carry on working, but for no money - like we did in the war.

edit on 22/1/2012 by lostjohnny because: (no reason given)

This scheme predates Cameron by quite a ways though.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I have been in and out of work for the last 2 years and went from a 35k job to work in a call center for 14k it was the only thing I could find that would some how pay towards my mortgage. For the life of me I did not want to work there but would do anything to support my family.

Anyway you are correct about Recruitment agency's in fact a few have been fined in the past one of which is www.reeds.co.uk who were found to be posting fake jobs on there site then when you applied for the post they would get you into there office for a interview and get you on there books which they used to secure new vacancies by showing the recruiter how many people they had on there books thus finding somebody for the role very quick and painless for the recruiter.

I remember been in the job center and the job center lady looking at my CV which is quite impressive without blowing my own trumpet and her exact words were "I have no advice to give, you are more qualified than me"

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

I send you my positive energy to assist in your hard time.

I for one understand what you are going through.

I used to live in a lil town called Hastings in the UK, where the company's would hire you for 6 months and fire you just before the 6 months was up, i can guarantee that most of my mates have worked the same jobs and been fired in exactly the same way.

I managed to get out of Hastings by applying for a degree, and luckily i got in, or so i thought.

I decided to study Motorsport management and logistics, on the unis website it stated that we would run the race team and enter events, get work placements.

after one year i had gone out once to a shakedown not even an event.

0 rallys

0 races

1 trade show

2 lectures left due to management

2nd year -

0 rallys

0 races

2 trade shows

3rd year -

0 anything.

I am now jobless due to the degree being a load of rubbish and in a load laod debt.

Sorry to of gone of topic, but even the education system is F*****d, all my mates on the degree feel the same, the uni did not fulfill what it said it would. the money i had loaned to me which was paid to the uni was squandered. i must state that my degree was run through a university on a different campus (an agricultural university)

As for work, i am now looking to get into care work. working in call centre etc is no go as i have PTSD and being on the phones and having constant chatter sets it off.

To the OP, i wish you all the luck in the world. and hope you find work soon.

one love and Jah bless

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I fully agree with nearly all post's in this thread! So glad the OP posted it,worded it very well.

Iv been unemployed for a year now and have been on nearly every mind numbing course they offer...

A4E - builds your cv and helps you find work ...reality= on day 2 shows you layout for a good cv and tells you to copy it, rest of the the times your on there you are doing what you would be doing more productively, without distractions, at home. These people at A4E are been paid a fair bit for 'helping' you do something yo would do better at home.

S.I.A course(Security) £400 gets given to the private company for been let on the course and they get £100 a day for a single pupil. The course is 3week. This course is actually the best out of them all, but the problem is there giving people SIA licenses when there isnt even enough security work out there, plus the S.I.A license is going to be scrapped and a new 1 brought in within 2years - so its all pointless. Plus the teachers there are not that helpful. I was telling the people that i had a criminal record and they were assuring me that I was o.k to continue the course, that it wouldnt effect anything - so i believed them, finished the course - passed it etc, then when i sent out "250 in a cheque to the S.I.A badge issuers to get my security badge, they sent me a letter and told me that unfortunately i cant have it due to me having a criminal record and i must apply again 3years and that they will be keeping my £250, I soon sorted that out due to it been in cheque but if i wouldnt of been so fast, they would have had that.

Forklift license..I was there for 2 week and got my counterbalance license, something the emplyers dont even look for, they need you to have the other one - the one the government dont pay you to get soi the whole course is pointless unless you get very very lucky and find an employer who will train you from the counter balance. .

Iv been in and out of Agency work which will employ me for 2 to 5days then fire me, not to give me any work for week - which fuks up my benefits and i end up having to live onabout £30 a week, someimes nothing until my rapid recalim start which is, in most cases upto 2week. . .

I havent worked full tiem now for a pretty long time, i refuse to accept agency work which will only give me little employment-while recieivng massive sums of money..

I live back at my mum house, even though i have a child of 1 years old and a partner - I can not live at my partners house because he government will stop all child benefits for my partner. She currently is workin part time at a job shes had for years, she gets around £480 a month from her job, and the benefits she recives brings her monthly wage upto around £1000 a month. I can not live with my girlfriend and be around my child because if i do, they will stop all benefits for us both because she is expected to upkeep us both, on £480 a month, plus pay for her house/car etc.

The government is not helping us, one bit. people wonder why kids are been locked up left right and centre, they cant see there parents surviving on nothing so they go out and create money their selves - people are puished into crime because of a system that will not help them do anything.

The government are willing to spend all this money on usless training, but wont create any jobs. this is disgusting and we need to take action, they want us unemployed, all of us.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
The system is self sustaining economically draining and founded on the degradation and exploitation of normal people.Normal that is until there second / third generation victims of the system basically people who've become institutionalized.
As far as any form of productive Job or Skill training done by the Job center and there "contractors" ( a good example of those thieves in Manchester is Armstrong Learning )
not to mention the complete lack of advice provided by job center "advisers" more like abusive probation officers who spend the majority of there days gossiping and making their "clients" (more like victims) lives more difficult.
Take a look at these stats One Article another Article and another Article
These articles just scratch the surface of what's been going on they have been actively destroying workers rights for example some agency's pay minimum wage for night workers now no more premium i.e less than you would have been paid for the same job 3-5 years ago effectively lowering pay.
Even Sainsburys have cut there Sunday premiums and other benefits in-fact most employers have this is complete class division The subsistence Slaves i.e the new working class paying disproportionate tax's and being forced to compete for a life indentured social slavery.
They have been drumming this down peoples throats , that foreign workers do the jobs we won't that's bull# foreign workers are cheaper and easier to control that's all.
The money is worth more to them when there sending it home.
They say the British working class are lazy it's a joke the wealth has been centralized strategically that's the conspiracy.
They locked two people up for four years for creating a Facebook group and failing to start a riot during the unrest last year. whilst bankers and politicians profiteer from illegal wars and massive financial criminal corruption. Without prosecution the police are Kean to stop me to tell me i shouldn't give someone a light whilst stood in an empty street because there could be an accident or stop me and smell my roll up in case its illegal or knock on my door for no reason other than to harass me.
Searching people on the grounds of serious organized crime whilst completely ignoring the the blatantly obvious serious organized crime being committed by politicians and bankers oh and by the police themselves i.e fixed penalty notices there unlawful FFS.
Anyone who doesn't get it , seriously ????????
I've given up on people , they don't want to admit there getting #ed they just pass on the abuse like good little victims.
I'm planning a more comprehensive thread relating to this stuff if i can ever get hold of the real figures that I'm looking for.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
reply to post by allintoaccount

You know, what realy boggles my mind is the average joe in the street is unable to see whats happening even when you poke it in their face. It's like the people I met while on the course, a totaly blank expression.

This is the biggest problem, the average Joe has been conditioned by the media and government to think that they deserve this punishment for being unemployed.

There is little sympathy these days for anyone unemployed or on disability. The right wing media has demonised vast swathes of society to the point the majority of the population will not question these tactics being used and will care little for those "lazy scroungers" to be punished. The current government have public opinion behind them, especially when it comes to benefits. So they will feel free to continue to treat benefit claimants as they see fit. Meanwhile they will be letting corporations get away with billions in tax. But, who cares as long as we target the poor and vulnerable on benefits?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by judus
I have been in and out of work for the last 2 years and went from a 35k job to work in a call center for 14k it was the only thing I could find that would some how pay towards my mortgage. For the life of me I did not want to work there but would do anything to support my family.

Anyway you are correct about Recruitment agency's in fact a few have been fined in the past one of which is www.reeds.co.uk who were found to be posting fake jobs on there site then when you applied for the post they would get you into there office for a interview and get you on there books which they used to secure new vacancies by showing the recruiter how many people they had on there books thus finding somebody for the role very quick and painless for the recruiter.

I remember been in the job center and the job center lady looking at my CV which is quite impressive without blowing my own trumpet and her exact words were "I have no advice to give, you are more qualified than me"

instead of fines how's about prosecuting under criminal law for fraud?
If I conned people for profit I would be locked up..
Or I forgot these high payed police all went to university with the true criminals.
Fining is like telling someone with orchards to give an apple away.
lets hope hell exists and people really get what they deserve.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Do you know if the new work programme is legal? i hear this and that ,but a definitive answer would be great.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I have to attend my first Work Programme session soon after being unemployed for a year, before that i was ill with cancer and im single parent. Over the past 3 years i have asked for some kind of training numerous times to help me get ready for work, all i got was excuse after excuse, no funding, dont meet the criteria, got to have been unemployed for 12month blah blah blah. So now some private company is going to make thousands on my unemployment. I did a search for the Work Programme success stories, i gave up after 50 pages of nothing but bad news about the scheme. there are quite a few websites and blogs out there with lots of information and some claim its an illegal practice. Some say you can refuse it, I dont want and i cant afford the sanctions to find out if this is true or not.

one web site says that in order for the company to get paid I have to sign my permission for them to share my data with the Dept for work and pensions and any future employer. in other words if I find a job weather they help me find it or not within two years so long as they have the data to show the government I am in work they will get paid £7000. If I dont sign but still attend and do as im told I wont get sanctioned and they wont get paid.

Some Work programme links
mandatoryworkactivity.co.uk...
its a fraud

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join