It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Unemployment Corruption

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by fakedirt
reply to post by teapot

two close friends of mine are disabled. one physically and the other mentally. i am in daily contact with both of them. both guys struggle with the most simple of tasks and have near zero capacity for any form of work experience. my wife is disabled and i take the tasks on that she cannot. when atos took over the assessments for disability benefits, she was called in for examination accompanied by her mother. that examination put her on her back for at least a fortnight and then she received a letter stating she no longer qualified for assistance. they had no idea whatsoever! to say i was pissed off is an understatement. when the next assessments come around i will be present taking notes on this firm whilst the assessment is underway. the people i know who have been through these examinations have been for the most part left distressed and borderline suicidal. this system needs a compassion injection before i label it not fit for purpose. i appreciate the gubbermint needs to lower the benefits burden, however treating people like cattle through tendered-out private company assessments is very unnerving as these companies are paid by results and i translate that to mean reduction of numbers on benefits.
mr cameron and co are doing an excellent job in stigmatising the vunerable and bending the perception that those on benefits are sponging. there are vunerable people out there, i know quite a few. there are also those out there who are riding the system and they should be dealt with.

regarding the jsa plus expenses work experience program. chris grayling on saturdays bbc4 radio interview stressed that all these efforts to embed work experience into jobseekers was voluntary. if the individual pulled out after accepting the program, a limited action against them would be mandated.
personally i do hope these companies raking in vast revenues and using the system to increase profits are all audited to the highest standards possible. we need gurus with prevoyance who understand that what is required is the need for skills beyond shelf stacking and waiting tables. take a look at the german model. they are technically superior in many ways when it comes to manufacturing and retention of work. what happened england?
f

It would be worth your while joining benefit and works they have a lot of good informaiton on their. I know people complain about them charging but lets face it who is there out their who will tell anyone about what is going on.
Also if would be a good idea if you could google and sign Pat's Petition they have an epetition on the first page of the government web site which has now over 36,000 signatures asking the Government to look again at the cuts to benefits and services. If nothing else the more that sign it may put some pressure on the Government.

As for the workfare aspect I believe they have just back tracked a bit for young workers but it is still in place for other people unemployed if they have been unemployed for a while or they are disabled. However people in work need not be so sanguine about workfare because soon it will be your job that will be effected.

Holland and Barretts shops are nearly all staffed by workfare. They are wanting to bring work fare into hospitals -
eoin-clarke.blogspot.co.uk...
Many back office in the police services are being taken over by private contractors. Wouldn't be surprised if they also end up using people on workfare and they they will start moving to those on the front line. They are basicaly going after as many jobs as they can to bring the wages down, Soon the whole country will be on the dole and be working for peanuts.
edit on 15-5-2012 by keldas because: correction

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

That's them. I wasn't even seen by a Dr the first time and they still took my benefits away. lol Loved the vid. lol

Rev

edit on 15/5/2012 by revmoofoo because: ETA

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Someone on here gave a link to a page about jobseekers - also on the website was one relating to the police-

www.landofthefree.co.uk...

When they privatise things the wages comes down for those that work their and very soon it will all be workfare peopel.

By the way for anyone abroad Pat's Petition is now joined Avaaz -

www.avaaz.org...

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

Sorry to hear your story mate...I completed an apprenticeship, got my trade certificate and now own and run a business in my trade and have an apprentice of my own...

It's not all useless if you ask me.

...Well employment agencies are, I can't argue that!

edit on 15/5/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
go to as many news papers as will listen and write to the european court of human rights.... thats about the best you can do, but dont know how much attention theyll give you

edit on 15/5/2012 by DaveNorris because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by keldas

benefit and works? haven't heard of them. i'll have a doo in the search engine

2nd
f.

just had a look at it. seems a reasonable price for info if legit especially if claimant has no idea of procedures. i wonder if the benefit system allows access to their procedures. seems common sense to clue up on any pitfalls out there for genuine claimants. would be nice if this sort of information was free.
thanks for the consideration, i'll be attending my wifes re-assessment in a couple of weeks after the last time, taking the time off work, commenting on the last situation and taking notes will be discussed with them.
f.

edit on 15-5-2012 by fakedirt because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
add all this to blairs social rent increases which has doubled rents in less then 10 years and still rising and you will see people can not afford to work minimum wage and pay rent. Which leads to more unemployed and more guaranteed rent for landlords through housing benefits , which we the tax payer pays.
The system is set up so its just about impossible to escape the poverty prison.
It all stinks and I for one is not prepared to contribute to the evil of it all.
Better to live homeless than to pay taxes to these evil dooers. If you pay tax in the u.k then you have the deaths of hundreds of thousands of iraqi and afghanistan women and children on your plate while at the same time perpetuating the utter gobsmacking corruption this thread is highlighting.
Just look at the leveson enquiry! Why has not cameron resigned and/or been arested.
That man who claims britain only played a bit part in ww2 is best friends with rebekah brooks, made vincent cable resign for being against murdoch and got a right jeremy hunt in to take the flak for it..
Its rotten to the core.......

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Things are set to get work for anyone in the uk on welfare benefits as David Cameron and the Tories want to cut a further 25 billion off welfare -

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Not content with going after amputees they are also denying blind people help -

www.independent.co.uk...

Looks as if Liam Byrne does not like it
www.politicshome.com...

However it looks as if the Scottish Government at least are wanting to protect the poor and disabled -

www.24dash.com...

Looks as if they may get a rush of people looking to move north of the border.
edit on 16-5-2012 by keldas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by fakedirt

Don't bother paying, they could offer their services for free, but instead choose to fleece people who have very little money. People who need the information they hoard are unlikely to have enough money to live on, let alone pay for what should be freely available. Absolutely disgusting company and a symptom of the decaying society we live in.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_

Don't bother paying, they could offer their services for free, but instead choose to fleece people who have very little money. People who need the information they hoard are unlikely to have enough money to live on, let alone pay for what should be freely available. Absolutely disgusting company and a symptom of the decaying society we live in.

The problem is that there are very few options and who else out there will provide the information for free for people. Also servers and having busy forums on the internet do not come for free and I don't suppose the people running them have a lot of money as many appear to be disabled themselves as they are always ill. The Government is the one that is disgusting as they should be giving people free advice and helping them instead of withdawing support and legal aid for people.

I think you are wrong in saying it is a disgusting company and if the information and advice they can give to people means it helps them retain their benefits then for a small fee the person will within a week make the cost of that advice back.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by keldas

Well, ladies and gentlemen, here we are...
A scam underway that is finally starting to rear its head!
'Bout time too...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucius Driftwood
reply to post by keldas

Well, ladies and gentlemen, here we are...
A scam underway that is finally starting to rear its head!
'Bout time too...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

I hadn't spotted that, thanks for posting it.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
if the people at the job centre found everyone one in their town a job, then they would then put themselves out of jobs, as that is there job, to help you find a job and to be there for you to sign on. But if everyones got a job then theres no need for a job centre right?

The other thing is when you go down they expect you to play the role of a guilty helpless fool. But in most cases it not your fault if you are out of work. Maybe you got wrongly fired, made redundant or replaced. So why would you feel bad about signing on, or being without work, if anything you should feel "wronged"

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

They are doing this here in the US! They outsource everything!! They have all kinds of bogus programs where other people are making money from government funding! I am in the process of finding low income housing, so I called HUD in DC. I got transferred like 3 times and not helped. The money comes from the Federal Level and given to States. The States make up their own agenda and the money never gets to the poor people that need it. I also checked out the HUD website where they have allot of people employed that are doing nothing! The local idiots that are working on my case, told me that I am over the limits of 20,000 a year. They are counting my overtime. I cannot depend on overtime. I go week to week with worry if I will get overtime so that I can pay my bills. I only make 10.24 cents an hour and get 37-1/2 hours a week. I work all the overtime I can get!

Anyway, my children and I need our own home! I was told if I look for housing in another county that the limits of income may be higher. I work in the Nursing Field at Level CNA and I cannot afford to take the 800.00 course to move to the next level, because I am worried about providing me and my children our own home.

I get disgusted and figure I will look for a second job..I have put out a few applications with no luck yet..We have allot of so-called Temp-Services..where they will hire you to work in a large company and only pay you half of what the job is worth..in other words the Temp Service gets a percentage of whatever hourly wage you make.

I have came to the conclusion that I will probably have to work two jobs for the rest of my life!

I hope you have found work!! Things are just as bad here in the US!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Let me know if you find one!! Im thinking Alaska or Montana! I have applied for job in Nome, Alaska if they will send me a plane ticket and give me and my children housing!
edit on 3-6-2012 by Apollo7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
btckstorage.blob.core.windows.net...

posting this for anyone interested in the flowchart.

f.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Thanks for that fakedirt. Its all a bit worrying, I have a daughter who depends on incapacity. Have to say my fear is that most job vacancys will be filled by disabled people who are forced to work for peanuts, where will that leave the rest of us?
The replys in this thread realy opened my eyes to the fact this scam is global. The futue sure looks misearable.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

www.disabilityalliance.org...

hi voidhawk,
check out the above site. it may be of interest. i hope at some point the government review their duty of care towards the vunerable and watch all these out-sourced agencies like a hawk. for profit- driven concerns to be involved in the process of determining the needs of disabled is wrong in my opinion. suicides have been mentioned in parliament on the matter of transition from ib to esa.

one of my concerns at the moment is the outcome of work focused training/ mentoring. for some disabled people, this may be the straw that breaks the camels back and actually may make physical/mental matters worse. if incidents occur during the seminars/training and the 'customer' is rendered in a worse condition than when assessed, what happens? are the out-sourced agencies responsible for any and all incidents that occur during the claimants time with them?
not looking for a response from you on these matters, just pondering all possibilities.

best wishes fakedirt.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I am currently under the "supervision" of A4E trying to get back working again.

I missed a few appointments, both of which I phoned A4E, cancelled and rebooked the appointments.

However, I received letters for me to reply and explain why I could not attend.

Both of these I replied back say that I was supporting my father while he went in to hospital with issues arising due to cancer.

I then got another letter asking my to tell then exactly what was wrong with him, what treatment he was having and why I though it was more important than attending the A4E appointment:/

If its not bad enough going through this as a family, I had to tell them exactly why I couldn't attend...and I may still loose my benefits for 2 weeks while looking for work.

It just feels to intrusive!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Topsie

write a4e a nice letter detailing the issues as to why you had to re-schedule. inform them that you think any possible sanction is unfair and state that due to the threat of becoming financially at a loss because of this situation, you may very well need to consult your mp on the matter.
if compassionate grounds are not part of their 'duty of care', then their system is not fit for purpose and our representatives need to be appraised on the matter.

best wishes to you and your family.
f.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join