It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yahoo is censoring..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
When I read political news on yahoo's front page, lately it will not give me an option to reply, yet when I watch any other youtube video not related to politics, it allows me to post a comment. I guess supporting RP gets ya black listed. Is this happening to anyone else?

U

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by USarmyFL

once i replied to one of their articles, and it was never posted...almost as if they read the comments themselves and post the ones that are convinient to themselves..

when i looked at the comments on the article they had all been posted 7+ hours ago...and they were ALL similar in responses...

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Actually, yahoo news uses algorithms to show you the content, that it thinks that is more towards waht you click on first, in the past.

So some of it might be edited to suit what the algorith matches to your pattern of response, meaning what links you click on, or in which politial affiliation you seem to side more with.

Also this is the case with FB and others.

edit on 22-1-2012 by KingAtlas because: added and changed

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
i cant send p.m. on facebook.... but i think its a coding error....

Every now and then, I see a brand new thread, that egts took down, pretty fast...
(usually Because its nonsense; but a few, really hit hard with, and make me regret not copy paisting it to a text file)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The exact same thing happened to me

2nd line

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Wait....Maybe I'm missing something here. But you first said you couldn't reply to a yahoo article then said you could reply to a YouTube video? What does one have to do with the other?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by USarmyFL
When I read political news on yahoo's front page, lately it will not give me an option to reply, yet when I watch any other youtube video not related to politics, it allows me to post a comment. I guess supporting RP gets ya black listed. Is this happening to anyone else?

U

It is the same thing with mainstream media as well. They let you comment to gossip articles about celebrities, fashion news but not for real news stories that actually deserves to be discussed.
This again shows how our media is controlled.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
Wait....Maybe I'm missing something here. But you first said you couldn't reply to a yahoo article then said you could reply to a YouTube video? What does one have to do with the other?

My guess was that he meant a video that yahoo linked to in some article, but i could be wrong.
The ops post is definitely very vague.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I have been avoiding anything with the word 'yahoo' in the URL for several years now. They hosted several of my early websites/domains but I closed them all down because of the horrible customer service. When I tried having the domains transferred, the delayed and haw'd and messed it up so bad that I finally just let them expire.

My biggest grip is the DISQUS commenting format that so many website are latching onto. This third-party tool is probably the worst thing to free speech commenting in web history. It is designed from the bottom up to be user unfriendly and make extended discussions almost impossible. Censoring is its main attribute... with Fox News being the most talented at using it.

We do have to remember that 99.9% of the internet is private property so... our rights extend only as far as the owners of the digital landscape in question want to allow. There are almost no publicly owned websites available where your right to speak has to be respected.

In a way... that should teach us how to be better communicators but on the other, it really renders the concept of free speech into something of a relic at times.

top topics

join