It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Severe Weather Alert For Tonight 1/22/12 USA!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ga-`tv-gi

I understand that but it has to waltz across Texas first. One of the links early on had an image showing the windspeeds and dust cloud. It appears on that image to drop at least as far south as Waco area.

I'm just wondering it the high winds will drop any further south than Central Texas.

Our local weather hasn't said anything so I'm guessing not but, they are notoriously wrong. Just wanted to see if anyone has anything on projected location by timeline.

ETA: It is also close to 80 here today and very humid. We had some pretty good storms recently including some tornadoes and trying to figure out how far off the weathermen are.
edit on 1/22/2012 by TXTriker because: extra stuff

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXTriker

I understand that but it has to waltz across Texas first. One of the links early on had an image showing the windspeeds and dust cloud. It appears on that image to drop at least as far south as Waco area.

I'm just wondering it the high winds will drop any further south than Central Texas.

Our local weather hasn't said anything so I'm guessing not but, they are notoriously wrong. Just wanted to see if anyone has anything on projected location by timeline.

ETA: It is also close to 80 here today and very humid. We had some pretty good storms recently including some tornadoes and trying to figure out how far off the weathermen are.

Looks to me like you just have some high winds warning with fire warnings in east Texas.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Thanks Kdog for the heads up.
I keep my SAME weather alert radio on for just such occasions.

I'm in south western Arkansas, tent camping. Actually, have been since last may. So I keep a close eye on the weather.
edit on 22-1-2012 by herenow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Last week an F1 hit right in your area (right at Hurstborne and the Watterson). Spring storms again! Turned on the 2meter radio to the weather band and it sounds like our spring tornado season is starting off a bit early. Keeping eyes out. Everyone keep your heads down and batten down lawn gear.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Went to Wunderground. Looks like the leading edge is about 90 miles north of Houston around Bryan, Texas. About 70 miles from me. That's why I was asking how far south it would "sag" before it moved into Louisiana. "East Texas" stretches pretty far south as well. Looks like we might get some higher winds but that's all.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by herenow
Thanks Kdog for the heads up.
I keep my SAME weather alert radio on for just such occasions.

I'm in south western Arkansas, tent camping. Actually, have been since last may. So I keep a close eye on the weather.

Camping since May?
Survivalist?

Yeah,be especially careful if you are in a tent,those things can become airborne easily.
edit on 22-1-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXTriker

I feel ya...its about 70 degrees in Memphis and yes, very March/April like weather...

Weird....just like the snow storm in the Sahara Desert last week.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Been on the road ten months now, from the northeast down the east coast and up through the upper northwest.
Then down through Arizona and here.

My tent is a four season, twenty four tie downs, tested to 75 mile an hour winds. Has been documented to still be standing at 90 miles an hour by one owner.

I figure if a tornado hits, they can save their body bag, I'll already be in one.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Daffodils are poppin' up all over the mtn up here N. Ga. and heard the peepers last week from my pond...usually those things don't happen until April around here....

Same here in the Ballground area the cherry tree in my front yard has had blooms on it for the past 5 weeks Im waiting on our usual Feb. ice storm to come along and kill it.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ga-`tv-gi

Originally posted by Destinyone

Daffodils are poppin' up all over the mtn up here N. Ga. and heard the peepers last week from my pond...usually those things don't happen until April around here....

Same here in the Ballground area the cherry tree in my front yard has had blooms on it for the past 5 weeks Im waiting on our usual Feb. ice storm to come along and kill it.

You are S-W of me...about 2,000 ft lower elevation than here. Yup waiting for Jack Frost to make another visit and nip the heads off what's blooming up here too...hate you are losing all those cherries....

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Hey Des,I got the same problem with my apple and pear trees way up here in Kentucky.

Buds are forming and next big freeze will kill them all.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Thanks Kdog....that's where I am right now, and I had no idea because the sun is shining right now. Thanks for the heads up!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Lots of chasers on today in the mis south area Chasers

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
My SAME weather alert radio just came across with a Tornado Watch for Filene County Arkansas.

For those who might be near there or east of there.

Looks like things are building.

Edit- That isSaline County, sorry, sometimes its hard to understand a computerized voice.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by herenow
My SAME weather alert radio just came across with a Tornado Watch for Filene County Arkansas.

For those who might be near there or east of there.

Looks like things are building.

Thanks for the update,things are going to be ramping up here soon,be safe.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Ok guys and dolls NOAA has issued a PDS for EASTERN ARKANSAS THE MISSOURI BOOTHEEL NORTHWEST MISSISSIPPI WESTERN TENNESSEE areas.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
We have some good sounding thunder moving in from the west just now.

I am twenty miles west of Hot Springs.

Edit Now my weather radio has broadcast a warning for severe thunderstorms.

Good heavy rain now and lots of lightning.

Problem with being in a tent, when it rains this hard, its difficult to hear yourself think.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
First WARNING of the night EASTERN CLARK COUNTY IN SOUTHWEST ARKANSAS...
NORTHWESTERN DALLAS COUNTY IN SOUTHWEST ARKANSAS...
WEST CENTRAL GRANT COUNTY IN CENTRAL ARKANSAS...
EASTERN HOT SPRING COUNTY IN SOUTHWEST ARKANSAS...

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by herenow

Looks like the storm is traveling up I30 strait to little rock

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ga-`tv-gi
reply to post by herenow

Looks like the storm is traveling up I30 strait to little rock

Yes, I believe so.
It has moved east of here real fast, most of the thunder and lightning, now to the east, still a good rain coming down.

Stay safe folks, these are going to build as they hit the warm weather east of here.

We had temps in the high forties today, so I don't expect much tonight.
But those warm temps are going to feed this front.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join