"My God, its full of stars!"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
there is definitely life on other planets in my mind, i mean , there is just no way with over 200billions galaxies out there that we're able to view so far, and to think otherwise ~ no ?

the possibilities of having other planets to have a close and/or equal characteristics as planet Earth are... quite high XD

now , i just hope whoever's out there can just reach out to us and throw us a bone or somethin

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

I just did...

These pictures are amazing!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Great pics and comments.

I wouldn't worry too much about size time and distances as far as other galaxy's planets & whatnot, for if the universe is a sort of hologram and this realm we seem to live in is a merely a representation or translation, so that we may understand, peer or just play outside of our true realm.

One only needs to take a look at DNA to realize that it is a universal creation chemical tool designed to build objects in this realm. These tools didn't just happen - there are truths behind their existence.

The earth or our universe may be a playground where intelligent life from all existence come together in this realm translated to common forms so that our differences are mostly filtered out. Meaning we may all very well be aliens to each other on the realms we truly exist on.

So, yes we are walking amongst aliens, some who may be more aware of the game at hand perhaps as merely moderators or even our own zoo keepers.
edit on 23-1-2012 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
you know what would be cool, and i've never read a theory like it, since everyone seems to think aliens would either be way ahead of us technologically or still at the single cell phase, but what if there is a civilization there, that's around the same place as us, developmentally, and they're on a forum website, looking at pictures of the Milky Way galaxy, saying the same things we are.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by dannotz
reply to post by flexy123

I understand your "window" theory.

But don't you think once a civilization leaps into space and learns how to travel to other stars, that their existence as a civilization has a much larger chance to survive for huge amounts of time?

This is actually a pretty wide spread theory, implying than an intelligence so involved as to be able to travel to stars has ALSO evolved so much as to not destroy itself...eg. such a civilization might be millions of years old.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave_welch
you know what would be cool, and i've never read a theory like it, since everyone seems to think aliens would either be way ahead of us technologically or still at the single cell phase, but what if there is a civilization there, that's around the same place as us, developmentally, and they're on a forum website, looking at pictures of the Milky Way galaxy, saying the same things we are.

Looking at plain numbers and mathematical chances, it's actually likely.

I always wonder how many [insert-planet-name-here]ians are looking up and speculating about the same things we do. I am betting its millions of planets where this is going on.

But think about..to make it clear how difficult this is...on a "galactic" scale where years become billions of years... only 30 (THIRTY!) years ago people would not really have known what a "forum" is because the internet was just starting out...and who knows what we do in...say...50 years. Let alone 100, 1000 etc years.

Now let's pick a star and let's speculate one of its planet got lucky and developed life, and later intelligent one...AND intelligent life which also learned to use technology.

How high are the chances that their technology is "compatible" with ours....this for example is what SETI thinks that others would be able to receive radio transmissions etc..etc..or what if such a civilization is just 100 (!) years behind....or 100 years more advanced..then they wouldn't be able to receive the transmissions either just because of this timing problem. In 100,200, 300 years we have technology which might make everything we have now look like a joke and obsolete too. Who knows what means of contact we might develop.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by YeshuaPiso
I think the latest figure I read said that our scientists calculate there are fifty thousand million million stars in the 'known' universe.... 'known' suggests to me it goes on further but let's stick there with the fifty thousand million million stars...

That's 50,000,000,000,000,000 stars...

Let's be stupid and say that 1% of those stars have planets revolving around them.

And that of that 1%... only 0.00001% have any type of life on them from a single celled amoeba to something much more complex.

Ridiculous figures but it still means there are 50,000,000 (fifty million) planets out there with life on them.

Let us further assume, for arguments sake, that we are in the most advanced ten percent of planets - that still means there are 5 million civilisations out there in advance of us.

Do we really think some of them haven't managed to develop the technology to travel inter-stellar distances?

Your figures are WAY the hell off

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SpongeBeard

I think he was using a guesstimate, doesnt matter tho, the numbers are STILL mind boggling

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I made this video some time ago, better watched full screen HD

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Why is it a question of "if they have or can make it here"
My thoughts are that they have made it here. They are here have always been here. Now Jesus (I know,I know) tried to tell us something. He said if we wanted the mountain to move then we should say move mountain and it will go into the sea, he created food from nothing, the magi followed a star, Moses went to the top of a mountain and spoke to god, the mountain shook and there was smoke and fire, Jesus said "I am not from this world". Theres been a veil pulled over our eyes. Let the blind see and the deaf hear. Lot was led away from sodom by men who where "angels"??? why was it urgent for him to leave? why didnt they just transport him. The gods looked upon the humans and said "look they are building a tower to heaven, they will soon be like us. Let us go and give them different languages and spread them around the world. Now why would they do that?? Did not god create us?? ETC.. ad nauseum. Now I know some will say the bible is a book of fairy tales but cities have been found. evidence of the stoies have some truth. Othere societies have the same stories.

So is it that alien life cant get here, has never been here just because We do not have the tech to go to other stars. I say no they are here and always have been here. Maybe different frequency, dimension whatever. There are definitely other beings on earth or around us.

Ok have it. the nut bag has spoken!!! LOL

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

what are you talking about ?

insane

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

It may be full of stars but you dont see them as individual stars, any single star you can see/resolve in those pictures are stars in our galaxy in the line of sight, other galaxies are to far away to see individual stars unless they go nova!
edit on 23-1-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
you can't look at these pictures and not believe in God.

I can see those pictures, and wholly choose not to subscribe to the idea that this man-made idea of 'god' could ever truly exist. I see these pictures, and am struck with awe that humans could be so blind, and selfish, as to think that this was all created FOR US. It wasn't. We are but a parasite on the back of the universe.

I really can't answer this post any better than Sagan could have, so I'll leave you with a quote to ponder:

"The idea that God is an oversized white male with a flowing beard who sits in the sky and tallies the fall of every sparrow is ludicrous. But if by God one means the set of physical laws that govern the universe, then clearly there is such a God. This God is emotionally unsatisfying... it does not make much sense to pray to the law of gravity."
-Carl Sagan

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

Well not blind since no one has ever seen life from somewhere else. Really one should focus on issues here on Earth and realize this is all that matters. You gaze at the stars long enough you will awaken in a FEMA camp.
Newt Gingrich is currently looking like your next potus, lets all come back to reality please.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Thanks for this post, needed a thread like this on the main page to click on!

I always enjoy reveling in the thoughts that when I gaze up at the stars, I am looking back through time, into the cosmos, and the light that shines upon us, is millions of years old, and at this very moment, the light we see might be from star systems that no longer exist, whose light continues on, even though the entire solar system from whence it came might not be there anymore, really makes you think about life and how it exists and is percieved in its various forms.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by fakemessiah

He's talking about God.

reply to post by jephers0n

Oh, so this "Sagan" has found out the aesthetics of God. Yeah, guessing like that ain't ludicrous at all.

The universe is beautiful, but he loses too much credibility (if he had any to start with) with the assumptions, unfortunately.
edit on 23/1/12 by shadowland8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

Yes I can too.
Sheesh.
How poigniant. Or is it ecstasy I feel when I realize that the unraveling chaos of all those stars represent FREEDOM. Yeah, exercise your freedom and there's no reason to feel "that" divinity. It is not required.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

You beat me to the Contact reference! I think that is the perfect answer. It would be a waste of beautiful space. There is no way that we are it.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Life is possible under many conditions humans thought once impossible. Just look at the weird and wonderful creatures they've espied deep under the ocean, living without sunlight or oxygen and under extreme water pressure.

So, it stands to reason that if life exists elsewhere in the universe, so too could this life thrive in conditions unfathomable to us; like extreme temperatures, for example. As such, this may mean that even if we knew there was such life (and could reach it, or them us, somehow), we'd likely not be able to co-inhabit the same space.

I mean, if Mr Alien comes from a planet whose gravity is 100 times that of the Earth's and surface temperature of 1000'c, how could we possibly interact with such a being, sentient or otherwise?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Ah, blind faith. Believing something to be true despite the evidence. There is no proof whatsoever that life exists elsewhere. Life doesn't just spring up from nothingness. Most of you are operating off of the theory that Louis Pastuer refuted decades ago.

I choose to believe the one that created everything. He was nice enough to enter into our history and tell us how and why we are here.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join